It Must be Marching Season

Started by Nally Stand, June 27, 2011, 11:27:31 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

general_lee

There's tractor runs in South Armagh. I wouldn't imagine it's solely a Protestant thing.

brokencrossbar1

Quote from: general_lee on July 04, 2014, 10:28:12 AM
There's tractor runs in South Armagh. I wouldn't imagine it's solely a Protestant thing.

Aye but that's just the 12 year olds out doing the silage!!!

aontroim abu

FYI

For those travelling home or going out later just note that loyalist protests are kicking off at 7pm tonight in Ballyclare, Bangor (Bloomfield Rd Roundabout), Rathcoole roundabout, Carrickfergus, The Rock East Belfast, Sandy Row and the Fort William roundabout

5 Sams

Quote from: Wildweasel74 on July 04, 2014, 12:12:32 AM
Thought Carruthers had his paxman moment the nite,
Bell got his ass handed to him lol

Any links. Cant find it on Youtube
The Aristocrat Years

NAG1

Quote from: 5 Sams on July 04, 2014, 03:11:57 PM

No he never because he got his quote of Bell's words wrong and therefore was repeating and repeating a statement to Bell that he never said and left him off the hook. If he had got the quote right and pressed him on it, it would have been quite effective.

LeoMc

Quote from: imtommygunn on July 03, 2014, 11:13:03 PM
There is no compromise. Never has been and never will be.

By the sounds of it johnny bell took one too many knocks on the head on the rugby pitch.

New psni guy not too happy with politicians.

Is that the same Jonny Bell as played rugby for Ulster and is not Director at Ravenhill?

Bensars

Quote from: NAG1 on July 04, 2014, 03:14:02 PM

No he never because he got his quote of Bell's words wrong and therefore was repeating and repeating a statement to Bell that he never said and left him off the hook. If he had got the quote right and pressed him on it, it would have been quite effective.

Bell did say it and carruthers was correct to challenge him on it. It was a flipant threat.
When challenged,Bell weaselled down and refused to repeat it.

Bell wont be in that situation in the near future. His ability  to perform under pressure was seriously questioned and he reverted to childish behaviour of  constant interupting.

Twitter commentary during the show  was very good. Its the only way to watch some of these shows

J OGorman

Quote from: LeoMc on July 04, 2014, 03:20:21 PM
Quote from: imtommygunn on July 03, 2014, 11:13:03 PM
There is no compromise. Never has been and never will be.

By the sounds of it johnny bell took one too many knocks on the head on the rugby pitch.

New psni guy not too happy with politicians.

Is that the same Jonny Bell as played rugby for Ulster and is not Director at Ravenhill?

negatory....this clown, who, as Curruthers mentioned last night,will, along with the other head unionist men, head back to their comfortable safe surrounds whilst the working class loyalists will fight on the streets

imtommygunn

Ah - always thought it was.... d'oh!!

Twitter commentary is better to avoid throwing stuff at the tv...

AQMP

Quote from: Bensars on July 04, 2014, 03:22:56 PM
Quote from: NAG1 on July 04, 2014, 03:14:02 PM

Bell did say it and carruthers was correct to challenge him on it. It was a flipant threat.
When challenged,Bell weaselled down and refused to repeat it.

Bell wont be in that situation in the near future. His ability  to perform under pressure was seriously questioned and he reverted to childish behaviour of  constant interupting.

Twitter commentary during the show  was very good. Its the only way to watch some of these shows

Didn't see this, what did Bell say?

LeoMc

Quote from: imtommygunn on July 04, 2014, 03:45:16 PM
Ah - always thought it was.... d'oh!!

Twitter commentary is better to avoid throwing stuff at the tv...

I had always wondered as but had never researched it until now. The Rugby player is now a PE teacher in Campbell.

Fuzzman

I was trying to explain to a few Dubs and a Cork lad this week what it tends to be like around the 12th up North. I was amazed how many of them hadn't a clue what it was like

If you had to summarise it all to a stranger what would you say?

foxcommander

Quote from: Fuzzman on July 04, 2014, 04:50:48 PM
I was trying to explain to a few Dubs and a Cork lad this week what it tends to be like around the 12th up North. I was amazed how many of them hadn't a clue what it was like

If you had to summarise it all to a stranger what would you say?

Like Witness Festival - Awesome Bands, Lots of drink and the hottest birds on the planet.
Unfortunately there is no Hare Krishna tent to burn at the end.
Every second of the day there's a Democrat telling a lie

imtommygunn

If you're anywhere near Belfast half the roads you go down are inaccessible on the day itself and going out on the 11th is a no no...

If you go out in the evening of the 12th in your car the roads in marching areas will be full of very drunk people going down the middle of the road and looking at you threateningly for driving down their road. It is actually quite intimidating.

When you go to go anywhere in belfast, on my route anyway, on a saturday leading up to 12th you are likely to get detoured.

That aside it's great...

Jeepers Creepers

Gerry Adams on the news there saying there'll be more people at the All Ireland that causing mayhem on the street. Let's hope this isn't red rag to a bull