It Must be Marching Season

Started by Nally Stand, June 27, 2011, 11:27:31 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

All of a Sludden

Quote from: omagh_gael on July 19, 2013, 08:33:58 PM
I was reading a local East Belfast community paper today (don't ask) and noticed this thank you advert. Had to laugh at the figure raised.

The mask slips.................

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=177811435733015&set=a.173364082844417.1073741828.173359116178247&type=1&theater
I'm gonna show you as gently as I can how much you don't know.

trileacman

WTF is a microadermabrasion?

I was reading a local East Belfast community paper today (don't ask) and noticed this thank you advert. Had to laugh at the figure raised.

Fantasy Rugby World Cup Champion 2011,
Fantasy 6 Nations Champion 2014

Myles Na G.

Quote from: Franko on July 19, 2013, 01:41:44 PM
Quote from: Myles Na G. on July 19, 2013, 12:46:56 PM
Quote from: Franko on July 19, 2013, 08:45:42 AM
Quote from: Myles Na G. on July 18, 2013, 11:26:19 PM
Quote from: Franko on July 18, 2013, 04:14:23 PM
Evil Genius and Myles NaGabshite have also been abnormally quiet recently.  ::)
What would you have me say, Wanko?

You've never required my assistance to spout on here before.  I just find it odd that you and your partner in crime become decidedly less opinionated when the PUL brigade step out of line.  Surely you have some sort of an opinion on this issue?  ::)
I try to avoid stating the obvious whenever possible. For most people, the recent behaviour of the Orange Order and bandsmen and hangers on in north Belfast has been so obviously wrong, that it almost seems silly - especially for someone from a nationalist background - to say 'that's wrong'. But if it helps you, I think it's wrong.

With all due respect, that's a load of tosh.  If the Nationalists were rioting in the Falls/Short Strand/anywhere else - you and your crony would be all over it like a rash, criticising everone from Gerry Adams to the Pope for their poor leadership or some other such nonsense.  IMO of course.  ;)

Do you have any issue with the fact that the political leaders of Unionism, whilst not overtly condoning what's going on, are giving it tacit approval through things like Tuesday's assembly motion?
The political leadership of unionism is woeful, not just on this issue, but generally. Nationalist leaders aren't much better, unfortunately. Gerry Kelly appears to be the voice of reason when it comes to loyalist parades in north Belfast, but I see he's the star speaker at a republican coat trailing exercise in Castlederg in August.
http://www.westtyronesinnfein.com/news
Double standards, anybody?

T Fearon

omagh_gael

Quote from: All of a Sludden on July 19, 2013, 11:45:50 PM

The mask slips.................

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=177811435733015&set=a.173364082844417.1073741828.173359116178247&type=1&theater

Phew...now that I have been exposed I won't have to wear my rangers scarf over my face tomorrow, thank feck as I was near past out on the twelth!

Eamonnca1

Quote from: Myles Na G. on July 19, 2013, 11:54:18 PM

The political leadership of unionism is woeful, not just on this issue, but generally. Nationalist leaders aren't much better, unfortunately. Gerry Kelly appears to be the voice of reason when it comes to loyalist parades in north Belfast, but I see he's the star speaker at a republican coat trailing exercise in Castlederg in August.

And are they going to demand that this triumphalist anti-protestant event in Castelderg be rammed through a protestant area whether the locals like it or not?

Eamonnca1

Yes. To equate it to an orange march it'd have to be anti-Protestant.

Myles Na G.

Quote from: Eamonnca1 on July 20, 2013, 01:10:52 AM

And are they going to demand that this triumphalist anti-protestant event in Castelderg be rammed through a protestant area whether the locals like it or not?
A fair percentage of the locals don't like it, which is why it has made the news. As for being anti protestant: that particular group in our society is often referred to as the PUL community. If someone hates you enough to want to kill you, does it really matter if that hatred is inspired by your religious beliefs, your political views, the colour of your skin, your sexual orientation, etc etc. Members of the PUL were targeted by republicans because of their politics. Now republicans want to parade round the town to celebrate the lives of two members of their death squads. And they don't understand why unionists are offended by this!

JUst retired

Myles,dont even go there,Celebrating events,just to mention Dolly`s Brae,loylist bands named after local killers,lodges named after child molesters.And you wonder why we get mad.Wise up,the blame game works both ways.

Nally Stand

Luckily, after having nothing to say about loyalist riots until prompted to do so, Myles has appeared in his own whataboutery style in order to almost immediately change the subject to a nationalist parade through a mainly nationalist town in a few weeks. Oddly, he has never come on this board to complain about the countless loyalist parades which go through that same majority nationalist town every single year though.
"The island of saints & scholars...and gombeens & fuckin' arselickers" Christy Moore

qubdub

Quote from: Myles Na G. on July 20, 2013, 06:25:33 AM

A fair percentage of the locals don't like it, which is why it has made the news. As for being anti protestant: that particular group in our society is often referred to as the PUL community. If someone hates you enough to want to kill you, does it really matter if that hatred is inspired by your religious beliefs, your political views, the colour of your skin, your sexual orientation, etc etc. Members of the PUL were targeted by republicans because of their politics. Now republicans want to parade round the town to celebrate the lives of two members of their death squads. And they don't understand why unionists are offended by this!
and you seemingly don't understand why Nationalist residents don't want the OO and their paramilitary flute bands marching through, past or near their homes! In north Belfast of all places!

ziggysego

Testing Accessibility

Myles Na G.

Quote from: qubdub on July 20, 2013, 09:38:25 AM
Quote from: Myles Na G. on July 20, 2013, 06:25:33 AM

and you seemingly don't understand why Nationalist residents don't want the OO and their paramilitary flute bands marching through, past or near their homes! In north Belfast of all places!
Er...I do understand exactly why loyalist parades are objectionable and I don't think they should be allowed anywhere near interface areas. But I think it ill behoves republicans like Gerry Kelly to be taking this perfectly reasonable position on the one hand, while at the same time taking part in a coat trailing exercise in Castlederg. Provocative parading is either right or its wrong. It's not wrong one day, but okay another time.

Myles Na G.

Quote from: Nally Stand on July 20, 2013, 09:23:20 AM

Luckily, after having nothing to say about loyalist riots until prompted to do so, Myles has appeared in his own whataboutery style in order to almost immediately change the subject to a nationalist parade through a mainly nationalist town in a few weeks. Oddly, he has never come on this board to complain about the countless loyalist parades which go through that same majority nationalist town every single year though.
So it's okay to have a provocative parade if you have a majority in the area? What is the percentage breakdown at which point it becomes okay? Castlederg is about 60:40, is that your bottom line figure?