It Must be Marching Season

Started by Nally Stand, June 27, 2011, 11:27:31 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

All of a Sludden

Quote from: Hereiam on July 16, 2013, 04:30:46 PM
The term "Blast Bomb" is been thrown about alot. Is this just a firework they are referring too or what.

Been wondering about this myself, surely all bombs are "blast bombs".
I'm gonna show you as gently as I can how much you don't know.

Orior

Before the trouble broke out, the british terrorists and their politicians were saying that the Parades Commission was influenced by nationalist violence last year. They were shocked that violence can pay dividends.

But now the hand is on the other foot, and they are biting the glove that they feeds them.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-northern-ireland-23320440
Cover me in chocolate and feed me to the lesbians

red hander

So nationalists threw the statue on the bonfire? S'pose the apartheid of the statelet from its foundation, gerrymandering, discrimination in jobs and housing and the phoned death threat to Neil Lennon was our fault too ... you really couldn't make these arseholes up

orangeman

Ceremonial swords.

Would they be sharp ?

Rois

I just drove through nationalist North Queen Street - burned out rubbish on the road and trees that line the road uprooted, set on fire and thrown on the ground.
Don't be too quick to congratulate the restraint of all "nationalists".  What was the point/need for that on North Queen St? 

Maguire01

Quote from: AQMP on July 15, 2013, 11:18:28 PM
I watched the BBC News from London on Sunday night and if you weren't from here until about 3/4 of the way through their report it was difficult to know who was actually rioting
That's because from a GB perspective, all sides are Irish.  :P

armaghniac

QuoteCeremonial swords
Would they be sharp?

Probably a lot sharper than their owners.

QuoteDon't be too quick to congratulate the restraint of all "nationalists".  What was the point/need for that on North Queen St? 

There isn't any need. But brainless yobs will always avail of an opportunity, the difference is that mainstream nationalist opinion is not making an excuse for them.
If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

orangeman

Here we go again, they're on the road again.

The Orange Order has applied to the Parades Commission to stage a parade in north Belfast on Saturday.

Part of the route would be along the Crumlin Road.

There have been five days of rioting in Northern Ireland since the order was banned from returning along a part of Crumlin Road that separates loyalist and nationalist communities on 12 July.

The Parades Commission is to issue its ruling on the proposed parade on Thursday.

The parade is to start in the Shankill area and proceed to Ligoniel Orange Hall.

Sinn Féin MLA Gerry Kelly said the Orange Order had not learned any lessons from the violence over the last few days and were doing damage to community relations and themselves.

"All this application does is inflame the situation," he said.

"Tensions need to de-escalate not increase, but the Orange Order are still sending out the same confrontational messages.

"Is there anyone with sense in the Orange Order that is going to pull back from this? Where is the leadership?"

theticklemister

Quote from: orangeman on July 17, 2013, 07:45:23 PM
Here we go again, they're on the road again.

The Orange Order has applied to the Parades Commission to stage a parade in north Belfast on Saturday.

Part of the route would be along the Crumlin Road.

There have been five days of rioting in Northern Ireland since the order was banned from returning along a part of Crumlin Road that separates loyalist and nationalist communities on 12 July.

The Parades Commission is to issue its ruling on the proposed parade on Thursday.

The parade is to start in the Shankill area and proceed to Ligoniel Orange Hall.

Sinn Féin MLA Gerry Kelly said the Orange Order had not learned any lessons from the violence over the last few days and were doing damage to community relations and themselves.

"All this application does is inflame the situation," he said.

"Tensions need to de-escalate not increase, but the Orange Order are still sending out the same confrontational messages.

"Is there anyone with sense in the Orange Order that is going to pull back from this? Where is the leadership?"

Ah jeepers.

thewobbler

One severe boot in the hole is needed for the OO. It's times like this that a fascist dictator is a more suitable form of government than democracy. Government would be well within their rights to advise that silly buggers will be treated like silly buggers and all marches would be banned if they don't show more sense.

Fiodoir Ard Mhacha

Can I have a "mutual aid colleague" to do my job?
"Something wrong with your eyes?....
Yes, they're sensitive to questions!"

imtommygunn

The orange order should be mandated to pay any policing bills from this on saturday.

As we all know anyway-disgrace of an organisation. Even for them this is taking the piss.

Farrandeelin

Hopefully the Parades Commission won't give into them this time either. Hopefully there will be a massive police presence in the area. Hopefully the nationalists in the area will keep their counsel and not bother doing anything stupid. Are there any 'moderate' unionist leaders at all?
Inaugural Football Championship Prediction Winner.

imtommygunn

Is it bollocks. Look at that vote in stormont the other day.

theskull1

Sometimes I feel sorry for Northern Irish unionists. They really have no culture beyond protecting/isolating themselves from us. Can't marry a taig. Shouldn't sell a farm to a taig. Shouldn't attend the funeral of a taig. What a world to exist in. They can eat all the burgers, sausages and candyfloss they like and try and dress up what do whilst they go through their pomp and ceremony but it cannot and doesn't hide the underlying contempt for anything Irish or anyone who would consider themselves Irish (or non unionist).

The good thing is there are many well educated people of the same persuasion as these dafties who see what they stand for and hold them with the very same contempt as nationalists. People who get the chance to interact with ordinary Joes from the otherside soon realise that a sc**bag is a sc**bag regardless of his persuation and they soon learn to walk away when half wit intransigents try to tell them them what to think.

I look forward to the day where we, in this society do not define ourselves by religion
It's a lot easier to sing karaoke than to sing opera