It Must be Marching Season

Started by Nally Stand, June 27, 2011, 11:27:31 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Wildweasel74

No big deal an ulster man winning a scuffle down round meath these days lol

BennyCake

Quote from: Hereiam on July 15, 2013, 05:15:37 PM
At the end of the day the OO only exists to help celeabrate a homosexual leader wining a scuffle in Co. Meath a couple of thousand yrs ago. The mordern day with youtube etc will show the world what these scumbags are really like.

Was interesting to see the cover pages of both the Irish news and news letter on saturday, said it all really.

Two inbred psychopaths. Fighting each other like they did for centuries. Which is why lots of European countries no longer have royals, as the "British" royals became top dog. I really don't understand why anyone would celebrate anything to do with royalty, when you think what they have done to their own people down through the centuries. They didn't beome mega rich and powerful by accident.

Wildweasel74

but it aint my fault, we asked them out to protest (but we didnt say where)
Its the police fault, its them damn residents fault, its the parade commission fault.
How about some useless f**ker come forward and take some responsibility you bunch of spineless bastards
And telefon Don Nelson, i wouldn't tell them to stop protesting, thats their democratic right, any chance you tell them to stop rioting u bigoted ballbag!!
how will Northern ireland ever go froward with this level of incompetence in political office.
I really think people in northern Ireland are generally f**king stupid. how else do the same people keep getting voted in year after year!!
They are certainly not qualified for these jobs, how do they get them time and time again. they must reply on the idiots vote (much of which was at woodvale past couple of days)

BennyCake

If there was an anti-Jewish organisation, how long it would exist for? The OO essentially an anti-catholic organisation (hiding behind the religion banner), and should not be allowed to exist either. Theres your marching issues sorted out in a second.

playwiththewind1st

Quote from: BennyCake on July 15, 2013, 07:43:00 PM
If there was an anti-Jewish organisation, how long it would exist for? The OO essentially an anti-catholic organisation (hiding behind the religion banner), and should not be allowed to exist either. Theres your marching issues sorted out in a second.

Done, all sorted, easy really, why didn't we think of that before?

michaelg

Quote from: glens abu on July 15, 2013, 04:19:17 PM
Quote from: qubdub on July 15, 2013, 04:10:47 PM
Quote from: lynchbhoy on July 15, 2013, 03:37:07 PM
I've no problem with flute bands from either side.
the ,music, the garb of the bands people - its very entertaning as as most of the tunes from either side.
I'd see this as something that could be retained as 'culture' for the future,as well as murals on walls etc.

the problem is the knuckledragger behaviour from a lot of the hangers on associated with such bands.

Bands should be allowed to dress up, march and play in parades wherever, they add to a sense of historical value imo.
But any political chants or banners etc should be done away with.

I'd think tourists would love to see the musical marching bands en route.
They certainly add to the occasion when playing at GAA matches (bands -brass/flute/accordian bands etc)

I even quite like the tune 'the sash' but not if it was accompanied by neanderthals roaring abuse and threatening me/my property etc
Parading in general (Orangemen) has me intrigued to a certain degree. I've seen parading up close at the 12th and have never witnessed such crap in my life. Why tourists would want to watch it is beyond me (Drunken louts, rubbish, aggressive and sectarian behaviour etc)

What I wouldn't mind checking out is some of the smaller rural parades. Just to see what the craic is. They seem to me to be slightly less hostile than the fare you'd get in Belfast.

I can assure you it is much the same.I was out all day on the twelfth in Newtownabbey were the Antrim lodges held their twelfth.They stopped outside St.Bernards Chapel and played the sash,spat at at lamppost were a Tricolour happened to be flying,played the sash and hammered their drums when they passed the two Catholic estates and made insulting gestures towards any locals who they perceived as Catholic.Very sad individuals indeed.
Newtownabbey is hardly a rural area.  In addition, given that people from Rathcoole, Rathfearn etc are hardly liberal types, I'd say they'd be every bit as extreme as Belfast / Shankill bands.
As someone from mid Down, with experience of parades in the village where Iwas brought up, I'd say that rural parades have a much different atmosphere. 

Tony Baloney

the ,music, the garb of the bands people - its very entertaning as as most of the tunes from either side.
I'd see this as something that could be retained as 'culture' for the future,as well as murals on walls etc.

the problem is the knuckledragger behaviour from a lot of the hangers on associated with such bands.

Bands should be allowed to dress up, march and play in parades wherever, they add to a sense of historical value imo.

They certainly add to the occasion when playing at GAA matches (bands -brass/flute/accordian bands etc)

I even quite like the tune 'the sash' but not if it was accompanied by neanderthals roaring abuse and threatening me/my property etc
Parading in general (Orangemen) has me intrigued to a certain degree. I've seen parading up close at the 12th and have never witnessed such crap in my life. Why tourists would want to watch it is beyond me (Drunken louts, rubbish, aggressive and sectarian behaviour etc)

What I wouldn't mind checking out is some of the smaller rural parades. Just to see what the craic is. They seem to me to be slightly less hostile than the fare you'd get in Belfast.

I can assure you it is much the same.I was out all day on the twelfth in Newtownabbey were the Antrim lodges held their twelfth.They stopped outside St.Bernards Chapel and played the sash,spat at at lamppost were a Tricolour happened to be flying,played the sash and hammered their drums when they passed the two Catholic estates and made insulting gestures towards any locals who they perceived as Catholic.Very sad individuals indeed.
Rathcoole, Cloughfern, Monkstown etc. are hotbeds of violent loyalism. Hardly comparable with rural Fermanagh etc.

glens abu

Quote from: michaelg on July 15, 2013, 07:53:52 PM

Newtownabbey is hardly a rural area.  In addition, given that people from Rathcoole, Rathfearn etc are hardly liberal types, I'd say they'd be every bit as extreme as Belfast / Shankill bands.
As someone from mid Down, with experience of parades in the village where Iwas brought up, I'd say that rural parades have a much different atmosphere.

Well if you had read my post right I said it was Antrim lodges,Ballynure,Ballyclare,Larne ares etc,so I do know they are rural,so think before you post the next time.

glens abu

Quote from: Tony Baloney on July 15, 2013, 08:43:08 PM

Rathcoole, Cloughfern, Monkstown etc. are hotbeds of violent loyalism. Hardly comparable with rural Fermanagh etc.

Never compared anything to rural Fermanagh as I know very little about it,but the lodges were from rural areas of Antrim and seen every lodge that passed didn't see any from Rathcoole or Monkstown,bands from there but no lodges,Killwalter,Cairncastle,Glynn,Ballynure etc were the lodges I saw

michaelg

Quote from: glens abu on July 15, 2013, 08:48:03 PM

Well if you had read my post right I said it was Antrim lodges,Ballynure,Ballyclare,Larne ares etc,so I do know they are rural,so think before you post the next time.
Whatever - I was challenging you primarily on your assertion that Newtownabbey was a rural area - As such, you may want to heed your own advice

glens abu

Quote from: michaelg on July 15, 2013, 08:58:38 PM
Quote from: glens abu on July 15, 2013, 08:48:03 PM

Whatever - I was challenging you primarily on your assertion that Newtownabbey was a rural area - As such, you may want to heed your own advice

Again never said Newtownabbey was a rural area,was replying about a parade that was for rural lodges and not ones from Belfast.

Orior

You all should stop calling them loyalists, and start calling them british terrorists.
Cover me in chocolate and feed me to the lesbians

qubdub

How do you distinguish between the 11th night bonfire, the twelfth itself and the people who attend both.

e.g. who organises the bonfires and how do they get funding? (I ask because i see some scum in randalstown saw it fit to steal a GAA banner from the local GAA club and place it on their (council funded) bonfire with along with the usual array of tricolours etc)

Do orangemen attend the bonfires and does the OO organise them? Do bands/OO march to bonfires, before or after?

Wildweasel74

The oo wouldnt organise them, in the big areas the local hoods / uda/uvf would be heavily involved in it

qubdub

right so the OO just organise the marches on the 12th and whenever else,

the bands are usually aligned to whatever local paramilitary group is in vogue and are invited to march along with oo? or apply to march with oo?

is that right?