It Must be Marching Season

Started by Nally Stand, June 27, 2011, 11:27:31 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

pullhard

Stopping their benefits, would be a starting point. Making them clean up the mess the next step. These people have nothing to lose. It most cost a fortune to clean up, police and manage, such a daft needless waste. I hope they stop.

The green side have done well too keep there heads down and stay clear, I hope this can continue.

red hander

These scum are going to push it hoping Baggott will cave in, and you can understand their strategy, even though they are the thickest idiots who have ever lived (where's your masks, you stupid orange c***ts?) Baggott is a pathetic ceasefire soldier of the highest order and if it all goes pear shape these british c***ts will revert to type and force these tramps down the road, beating Irish people off the road... i'll be happy to be proved wrong

thewobbler

I always find it amusing disturbing that some people cannot see the underlying bigotry in their own language and thoughts, when they are commentating upon bigotry.

This thread is amusing disturbing.

EC Unique

Quote from: red hander on July 13, 2013, 11:36:51 PM
These scum are going to push it hoping Baggott will cave in, and you can understand their strategy, even though they are the thickest idiots who have ever lived (where's your masks, you stupid orange c***ts?) Baggott is a pathetic ceasefire soldier of the highest order and if it all goes pear shape these british c***ts will revert to type and force these tramps down the road, beating Irish people off the road... i'll be happy to be proved wrong

I really can't see that happening. The peelers now have over 1000 cops over from 'the mainland'. They have no intention of giving in.

Eamonnca1

Quote from: thewobbler on July 13, 2013, 11:49:50 PM
I always find it amusing disturbing that some people cannot see the underlying bigotry in their own language and thoughts, when they are commentating upon bigotry.

What's so bigoted about calling a mob of knuckle-dragging brain-dead thugs a mob of knuckle-dragging brain-dead thugs? No point in being polite about it.

lawnseed

Quote from: Tony Baloney on July 13, 2013, 02:12:53 PM
Quote from: qubdub on July 13, 2013, 02:11:06 PM
Quote from: armaghniac on July 13, 2013, 09:31:54 AM
A soaking on a nice warm night is not the worst, compared to December.
water cannon is room temp I've been told, should fill it with sewage instead
From sewers in the Vatican or Holy water.
water should be dyed. any one  with dye on them could be picked up days after the offence. different colours of dye could be used on different days to denote when the offender was present. anyone with the dye on then loses their benefits automatically it should be an offence to serve anyone in a shop with dye on them or let them in a taxi or bus. the dye would take weeks to wear off so we wouldn't see the pricks for weeks the marching season would be over by then
A coward dies a thousand deaths a soldier only dies once

mylestheslasher

In one or two cases maybe but in the whole the people on here are completely accurate to call these loyalists thugs. All they want is a fight and they don't care who gets a rock on the head (or snooker balls as BBC are reporting this morning). The reason they didn't get to do their march this year is that they couldnt have manners last year when restrictions were put in place. There is no compromise they want to march and antagonise as if they have some god given right to keep the croppie down. Its time the cops started picking them up and throwing them in jail for a while. As for the orange order themselves, they are like the DUP of old and they too should be heavily fined for making statements which effectively call thugs onto the streets and then start asking for calm when the horse has bolted.

orangeman

The OO have shown themselves up this week.

Let them continue so that the world sees how pathetic they are.

The sight of them trying to beat the crap out of a police landrover with a union jack tells you all you need to know about them.

93-DY-SAM

Quote from: orangeman on July 14, 2013, 08:59:25 AM

The sight of them trying to beat the crap out of a police landrover with a union jack tells you all you need to know about them.

The Orange Order have been showing themselves up for years but it's like water of a duck's back to them. They have no sense of shame and their hypocrisy is disgusting. Their desire to trample over the taigs and put them in their place overrides anything else. And with politicians making statements like this to quote the BBC:

"Ulster Unionist councillor Mark Cosgrove who is also a member of the Belfast Parades Forum said it was "irresponsible of the chief constable to blame the Orange Order for the disturbances".".

is nothing short of breathtaking arrogance. How long are they going to be let of the hook calling people out onto the streets knowing full well what the outcome is going to be and then blaming everyone else under the sun for what happens. The time they were held to account is long overdue. 

BTW why is it as well that as soon as anyone criticises anything to do with their culture they are automatically seen as some kind of IRA/Republican sympathiser who is out to oppresse all things orange rather than someone speaking out against something which is just plain wrong. I've no objection to them parading, having their bonfires etc. What I do object to is building bonfires at hospital gates and other inappropiate areas, burning any countries flag, burning religious images, mocking suicide, signs with KAT etc etc.  That might be tradition for them but it's certainly not culture. 

Milltown Row2

Quote from: mylestheslasher on July 14, 2013, 08:33:00 AM

In one or two cases maybe but in the whole the people on here are completely accurate to call these loyalists thugs. All they want is a fight and they don't care who gets a rock on the head (or snooker balls as BBC are reporting this morning). The reason they didn't get to do their march this year is that they couldnt have manners last year when restrictions were put in place. There is no compromise they want to march and antagonise as if they have some god given right to keep the croppie down. Its time the cops started picking them up and throwing them in jail for a while. As for the orange order themselves, they are like the DUP of old and they too should be heavily fined for making statements which effectively call thugs onto the streets and then start asking for calm when the horse has bolted.

If we all took off our tinted glasses we could resolve a lot of the underlying issues this so called christian place has. Religion/tradition and culture has a lot to answer for, none of which is worth a single life IMO
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

thewobbler

Quote from: 93-DY-SAM on July 14, 2013, 10:39:53 AM

The Orange Order have been showing themselves up for years but it's like water of a duck's back to them. They have no sense of shame and their hypocrisy is disgusting. Their desire to trample over the taigs and put them in their place overrides anything else. And with politicians making statements like this to quote the BBC:

"Ulster Unionist councillor Mark Cosgrove who is also a member of the Belfast Parades Forum said it was "irresponsible of the chief constable to blame the Orange Order for the disturbances".".

is nothing short of breathtaking arrogance. How long are they going to be let of the hook calling people out onto the streets knowing full well what the outcome is going to be and then blaming everyone else under the sun for what happens. The time they were held to account is long overdue. 

BTW why is it as well that as soon as anyone criticises anything to do with their culture they are automatically seen as some kind of IRA/Republican sympathiser who is out to oppresse all things orange rather than someone speaking out against something which is just plain wrong. I've no objection to them parading, having their bonfires etc. What I do object to is building bonfires at hospital gates and other inappropiate areas, burning any countries flag, burning religious images, mocking suicide, signs with KAT etc etc.  That might be tradition for them but it's certainly not culture.

Fully agree with what you're saying.

People should have the right to condemn the orange order. Their actions over the past 20 years, when 'orange got cool' are shameful, hypocritical and nothing short of spiteful.

But it's the 'nationalists' who cannot comment on the order without diatribes against one or more of a) Protestantism, b) the UK, or c) the PSNI, that get my goat up. It's not an observation about events so much as blinkered promotion of a narrow agenda. Which is basically bigotry, and I can't help get the feeling the same men would quite happily march down Protestant streets to prove how Irish they are.

glens73

Quote from: thewobbler on July 14, 2013, 11:30:27 AM
Quote from: 93-DY-SAM on July 14, 2013, 10:39:53 AM

Fully agree with what you're saying.

People should have the right to condemn the orange order. Their actions over the past 20 years, when 'orange got cool' are shameful, hypocritical and nothing short of spiteful.

But it's the 'nationalists' who cannot comment on the order without diatribes against one or more of a) Protestantism, b) the UK, or c) the PSNI, that get my goat up. It's not an observation about events so much as blinkered promotion of a narrow agenda. Which is basically bigotry, and I can't help get the feeling the same men would quite happily march down Protestant streets to prove how Irish they are.

I personally can't stand the bigots but would have no desire whatsoever to ram my Irish culture down their throats and I think that would be the opinion of a lot of Nationalists.

Main Street

Quote from: glens73 on July 14, 2013, 11:41:46 AM

I personally can't stand the bigots but would have no desire whatsoever to ram my Irish culture down their throats and I think that would be the opinion of a lot of Nationalists.
Yeah, but paranoia is an integral part of Orange culture, the mere existence of Irish culture means you are a deadly threat. Because you don't want them ramming it down your throat and are supported by the law of the land, you are accused of ramming your culture down their throats.

armaghniac

Quote from: thewobblerBut it's the 'nationalists' who cannot comment on the order without diatribes against one or more of a) Protestantism, b) the UK, or c) the PSNI, that get my goat up. It's not an observation about events so much as blinkered promotion of a narrow agenda. Which is basically bigotry, and I can't help get the feeling the same men would quite happily march down Protestant streets to prove how Irish they are.

Quote from: glens73I personally can't stand the bigots but would have no desire whatsoever to ram my Irish culture down their throats and I think that would be the opinion of a lot of Nationalists.

In Belfast and some other places, nationalists have little connection with broader Irish society and sometimes exhibit the odious characteristics of loyalism in reverse, so they are defined by the loyalists and their response to them.
If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

EC Unique

Sooner or later the cops are going to have to storm the rioters, make mass arrests, fine and jail the thugs. If this happened a few times it is bound to die off.