It Must be Marching Season

Started by Nally Stand, June 27, 2011, 11:27:31 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Shamrock Shore

Having thought long and hard I realise that I am more concerned for the brick.

Applesisapples

Quote from: T Fearon on July 12, 2013, 04:31:59 PM
I bet Gerry hanging there unsupported in mid air is longing for a Police land rover to hang on to.

Distasteful as this day is,does anyone else share my opinion that if these parades were completely ignored by the catholic/ nationalist population,the orange order itself would fizzle out comparatively shortly.
Tony there are two sides to the OO, there's the one you see in the Pass which is generally about the day out and a bit of an oul Parade. But being from Portadown you should no the other side of it which is all about forcing culture on the Croppies, hard tp ignore I'd guess. Where I live the local LOL holds to church parades each year, one to the COI the other to the Presbyterian Church. 12 or 13 oul men and a band no one is offended and they are let hold it in peace, it takes two policemen to marshall it, but they don't beat drums or play the sash outside the Chapel.

glens abu

O much for the ex branch mans promise that none will go home before all ate allowed home.A bit of water and a few plastic rounds and it's home to bed.The dying kick is getting weaker by the year.

Applesisapples

Quote from: orangeman on July 13, 2013, 12:35:57 AM
Look at the pictures on this webpage - especially picture 7 of 14

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-northern-ireland-23295307

Tell me honestly what you're thinking after seeing them -

By the way, it just had to be an orange fanta that he was attacking the Landrover with didn't it ?.
Did anyone play the clip of the woman in theunion jack bowler? According to her uncle she got hit by a ballistic bullet. What has it come to when the RUC are firing ballistic missiles?

glens abu

Ha ha and he said the ballistic bullet hit her on the tit,the pellers must have thrown it at her.Was out on the ground all day yesterday and credit needs to be given to our elected reps and other activists who kept the lid on things in Nationalist areas, good day all-round

give her dixie

http://www.donegaldollop.com/2013/07/july-12th-march-to-be-merged-with-pamplona-bull-run/

July 12th March To Be Merged With Pamplona Bull Run

It has been announced this morning that due to EU cutbacks next year's July 12th Orange Parade will be merged with the running of the bulls in Pamplona, Spain. Health and safety officials in both Northern Ireland and Spain have backed the proposals, claiming that the combination of the two controversial events will actually be safer and more beneficial to the general public than the usual one-sided antagonism of Nationalists/livestock by Loyalists/tourists.

The Parades Commission has already stated that it will agree in principal to the proposal, provided that Catholic Bulls be used for the event. This has caused some concern among Spanish organisers, however, as their rules explicitly state that participants do not incite the bulls, and incitement plays a fundamental role in Orange culture and heritage.

Provisional plans for the event will see Orange marches given a five minute head start before the bulls are released, at which point it becomes every Orangeman for himself. Giant bonfires will be assembled at various points along the route to give participants the opportunity to climb to safety should they find themselves in trouble.

The July 12th Orange Parade plays a significant role in the Donegal economy, as scores of incomprehensible Nordies invade the County on an annual basis for a mini 'Gathering' in a bid to escape the chaos.
next stop, September 10, for number 4......

ziggysego

Great picture on the front page of the Belfast Telegraph this morning.

Testing Accessibility

Wildweasel74

Oh that one gotta hurt when he hits the ground!!

Tony Baloney

Quote from: ziggysego on July 13, 2013, 12:41:02 PM

;D Was gonna post that myself. Class picture.

bennydorano

Hope that poor fella is alrite

Tony Baloney

Quote from: bennydorano on July 13, 2013, 01:45:09 PM
Hope that poor fella is alrite
Lolz. Maybe it was him landed on Doddsy. Someone said he was hit on the head by a flying p***k and was misheard as brick.

qubdub

Quote from: armaghniac on July 13, 2013, 09:31:54 AM
A soaking on a nice warm night is not the worst, compared to December.
water cannon is room temp I've been told, should fill it with sewage instead

Tony Baloney

Quote from: qubdub on July 13, 2013, 02:11:06 PM
Quote from: armaghniac on July 13, 2013, 09:31:54 AM
A soaking on a nice warm night is not the worst, compared to December.
water cannon is room temp I've been told, should fill it with sewage instead
From sewers in the Vatican or Holy water.

grounded

Quote from: ziggysego on July 13, 2013, 12:41:02 PM

That photo has definitely been photoshopped. Showed it to the rest of the Physio's here and it's anatomically impossible to get your arm in that position  :)

HiMucker

That photo should be used in ads for Nike air max.  Spides everywhere will be buying them. Again