Previous topic - Next topic

?

?
62 (89.9%)
?
7 (10.1%)

Total Members Voted: 69

Main Street

Yes the overall squad standard has improved and competition to start in the first 11 has intensified muich to the benefit of the standard of play. Though  I'd say Rogic's tissue of injuries are his main negative factor, a fully fit Rogic would be there or thereabouts in the first 11.
But it's still a football club with an ethos much bigger than what the board think the commercial corporate image could or should be.
Without the green brigade at the heart the atmosphere is dysfunctional, could not even sing YNWA properly. It was the fantastic Rennes support who brought all the colour and the atmosphere.
Has Celtic Park ever been so empty and soulless just before the final whistle of arguably one of the most important european results?

illdecide

Yip, that's true and no one is disputing that the GB bring the atmosphere and give a great buzz around the stadium but that doesn't mean they can take the law into their own hands and do what they like consistently getting the club fined match after match. Flares are illegal and so is some of the songs they sing not to mention a small % of their banners, by all means sing and jump up and down and bring colourful banners (jasus even wing the away team up to no end) but do it within the laws of the game and stop getting the club into trouble...all it does is paint us as bad as that other sectarian filth across the city.
I can swim a little but i can't fly an inch

Main Street

Yes those are all fair points  and afaics they have all been discussed to the nth degree and what that boils down to is we'll take this bit of the GB but drop that bit. this bit is okay but that bit is not kosher. But the Green Brigade come as a group, not a pick out the best bits and dump the rest.
The songs have changed the overt support for the IRA has been lowered a few notches and who is to say that other aspects like flares wont undergo a rethink , but the boards ultimatum of sorts to the GB is a pile of corporate dung and Lenny is in there bown nosing the financial cost argument.

According to the Examiner, Celtic have been fined £150k over a 6 year period, about a third of that for flares, 42k alone for the Bobby Sands banner,  about £50k of that  in fines for  general supporter stupidity not GB related.

So all in all, £17k GB related fines per annum  in a club which earns about £80m p/a. Even in Uefa circles, Celtic fans matter little in the scheme of things of concern

illdecide

The GB (main guys) are in the bottom section (the one they closed), the upper tier of the safe standing section are just normal supporters or guys wanting to join the GB. I think we can all agree that there is no place in the ground for some of these songs and they shouldn't be heard these days but here's the thing...take 5-6 pints and stand in the middle of these guys and you'll be chanting Sean South like the rest of them (Human nature).
As for NL...can you imagine the position he's in? He says one bad thing about PL and your days are numbered, say the wrong thing about the supporters and your days are numbered...as for the fines and figures I wouldn't have a clue if it's correct or not and i wouldn't doubt you, all i know is the GB are class and we need them there but if they can leave the Pyrotechnics away we'll be half way there...

HH

From the Bunker

Targetman

From the Bunker

Rangers/Aberdeen draw give a bit of breathing space at the top!  :)

marty34

Who would have predicted that? Rangers 2-0 up and slipping up and Celtic snatching it late on.  Great night!

2pts up in league and a win at week-end will be super.

under the bar

Morelos throwing himself down in the box every he's touched just like his manager used to do but never gets booked for it?

JimStynes

illdecide

Poor last night and missed some chances, Hamilton hang in there and were unlucky in the end but that's what Champions do...grind out results when they matter. Sunday is now all the focus and will be a toughie (on paper anyway), what i wouldn't give for a 3-0 on Sunday and to send them packing with their tails between their legs. Genuinely if we beat them twice before the break and open up a proper gap i think Slippy G will run in Jan and you could see them getting deeper into trouble (financially).

Big month ahead...COYBIG

illdecide

Guys how do you see tomorrow panning out? One part of me is nervous and one part of me is quite confident...my biggest concern is the Ref having the biggest influence on the game (penalty or sending off...or both) if 11 stays on the pitch you'd have to fancy Celtic. Morelos and Defoe are dangerous and are well capable of scoring but you feel Celtic have more of a goal threat from more positions that Sevco.
The other slight concern i have is NL seems quite relaxed and confident and saying like "it'll take a good team to beat us"...Don't give them any motivation or statements that can come back to bit you on the arse...
It's been a long time since Celtic have been 11/8 (odds checker) against any team in Scotland

marty34

Quote from: illdecide on December 07, 2019, 10:19:47 AM
Guys how do you see tomorrow panning out? One part of me is nervous and one part of me is quite confident...my biggest concern is the Ref having the biggest influence on the game (penalty or sending off...or both) if 11 stays on the pitch you'd have to fancy Celtic. Morelos and Defoe are dangerous and are well capable of scoring but you feel Celtic have more of a goal threat from more positions that Sevco.
The other slight concern i have is NL seems quite relaxed and confident and saying like "it'll take a good team to beat us"...Don't give them any motivation or statements that can come back to bit you on the arse...
It's been a long time since Celtic have been 11/8 (odds checker) against any team in Scotland

Not sure if both Morelos and Defoe will both start. Might just start will onr up top and flood mid-field.  Be really good for Celtic to win it and put pressure on them before Christmas.  I'd say it'll be frantic and a few goals as well.

bannside

Football Focus on now on BBC1. Had a 10 minute piece on John Mc Ginn. The guests on the show say hes worth £40m and one of the best young midfielders in the PL. Couldnt believe they got him for £3m from Hibs. Not one of Celtics better transactions!!!