Doire v Tir Eoghain, Sun 28th May @2pm

Started by tyroneman, April 04, 2017, 09:44:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BennyHarp

Quote from: theticklemister on May 20, 2017, 09:19:41 AM
Step 1
We've got them fighting amongst themselves.

Check

Step 2
We've got them discrediting Mickey Harte

Check

Step 3
Get them thinking about 2006

Check

Step 4
Beat the feck out of their supporters as they pass through Strabane on Matchday and team up with the 'lads' in Newbuildings to destroy the team bus.

Pending

---------------------------

It's all going to plan.......

Step 5. Remember that your team is pure shite and get thumped by 15 points again.  ;)
That was never a square ball!!

theticklemister

Quote from: BennyHarp on May 20, 2017, 10:42:14 AM
Step 1

Check

Step 2

Check

Step 3

Check

Step 4
Beat the feck out of their supporters as they pass through Strabane on Matchday and team up with the 'lads' in Newbuildings to destroy the team bus.

Pending

Step 5. Remember that your team is pure shite and get thumped by 15 points again.  ;)

We'll see how far Yorkshire get this year my friend! Lol

BennyHarp

Quote from: theticklemister on May 20, 2017, 10:44:29 AM
Step 1

Check

Step 2

Check

Step 3

Check

Step 4

Pending

We'll see how far Yorkshire get this year my friend! Lol

With regards to that, I'll refer you to my above comment. 😀
That was never a square ball!!

TheOptimist

Step 1

Check

Step 2

Check

Step 3

Check

Step 4

Pending

We may have a shite team but I'd still rather be from Derry 😀

Dire Ear

Quote from: Hotrocks on May 19, 2017, 10:26:14 PM
Quote from: Redhand Santa on May 19, 2017, 10:20:43 PM
Quote from: Hotrocks on May 19, 2017, 09:46:05 PM
Quote from: Redhand Santa on May 19, 2017, 05:33:36 PM
Quote from: Hotrocks on May 19, 2017, 05:24:12 PM
Tyrone.

I've said this before but Tyrone fans were spoiled by our best team ever and now many have crazy expectations. Last year Tyrone scored 1 17 in the league final, 3 14 in the Ulster first round, 17 points in Ulster semi and 5 18 in the Ulster replay. Not exactly scores that suggest all out defence. Most counties in Ulster including our big rivals from the 2000s Armagh would cry out for an Ulster title. We've struggled against the very top teams but we struggled against them for a hundred years. Even struggling we should have beat Mayo.

There was 2 very poor games in the league towards the end this year and performances below the level you would expect. But I never get too carried away by league games either way. Given how hard it is to get out of Ulster you'd like to think training was geared towards being fit later in the year.

The genuine Tyrone fans will be there next week who will support the team whether they're going well or not. And I suspect they're going a good bit better than some people believe.

So what qualifies now as Genuine fan? Don't make me laugh.
Ive been going to Tyrone games for over 35 years and the football played now is tripe.  Never has it been as hard to watch.

A genuine fan is someone who supports the team all the time and doesn't jump on and off bandwagons depending on how well they're doing. Someone who will support the team no matter who is managing the team or what club players are repressented on the team.

Tyrone have been involved in some poor games in recent years but they've also played some very good football at times. There has always been bad games and performances, look at the scores Tyrone managed in a large number of games in the 90s when football was more open.

Hopefully we will have learnt the lessons of previous years and push up a bit more at times while still keeping a strong defence in place. I'm looking forward to seeing the team evolve during the championship and hopefully getting a good run going.

So i can't support them from my living room? no one even mentioned winning!  Its the style of football which is pitiful and you trying to glorify it won't change anything.  I think more of the few pound i earn than to hand it over to watch crap
Totally agree

ONeill

Quote from: rrhf on May 20, 2017, 09:24:40 AM
O Neill what was the story with that Derry woman you used to take up the Glenshane Pass?

She never let me get as far as Dungiven.
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

Redhand Santa

Hoping for a good performance next week to get things going. Anyone want to predict the team? Given mccarron out I'd go with something like this:

Morgan
Brennan
Hampsey
Mcnamee
McCann
Mcnabb
Meyler
C cavanagh
Mcclure
Harte
Sludden
Mattie
Mc curry
Cavanagh
Bradley

I'd be very surprised if mcrory doesn't start in full back line though. Also I couldn't decide on other corner forward. Would like Bradley drifting in and out leaving sean and a ball winner up there beside him. But we don't really have anyone. Could play McGeary or someone and push harte or Donnelly up but not sure they're beat options either.

Really want to see us pushing up on at least some kickouts. And if we so can't leave one free man and really have to battle for the breaks round the middle and go for it.

ONeill

Who's your long distance free taker?

I think you can mix around any of that starting 15 and it should be good enough for 26/27 counties but ultimately we'll be sunk in tight games by the placed ball.

I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

Redhand Santa

Quote from: ONeill on May 20, 2017, 08:47:51 PM
Who's your long distance free taker?

I think you can mix around any of that starting 15 and it should be good enough for 26/27 counties but ultimately we'll be sunk in tight games by the placed ball.

If we had a reliable free taker who knows what would have happened in recent years. I think he'll go with cavanagh on right footed ones and harte on other. Unlike our other players cavanagh is good under pressure and can score from quite far out. His issue though would be consistency and isn't the best with tricky angles.

Fuzzman

It looked like Petey and Sean were back hitting most frees in the league with Morgan hitting the further out ones again.
With scores from play harder to come by against the top teams these days then teams with excellent free takers seem to do better. Murphy, McManus, Rock, C.OConnor.

I'm not sure playing Sean at FF is really working any more. He rarely stays in there and he doesn't like playing with his back to goal. I'd like to see Bradley stay up front far more as he's got pace to get away from his man and is clever with his off the ball runs. He's wasted back on our own 40

Redhand Santa

Don't want to see Bradley back on his own 45 too much but wouldn't keep him in full forward line all the time. Given his size he'll struggle to get ball against a blanket defence. In my opinion he's better buzzing about all over the place and finding space.

The Trap

Surely this game will be more lively than the two at the weekend...........Tyrone are a bit vulnerable but Derry men tell me they are not in a good enough position to take advantage......seems like it could go the way of the Monaghan, Donegal and Mayo games......competitive for a while before Tyrone win by 6 plus.........

Il Bomber Destro

Quote from: Redhand Santa on May 20, 2017, 08:42:34 PM
Hoping for a good performance next week to get things going. Anyone want to predict the team? Given mccarron out I'd go with something like this:

Morgan
Brennan
Hampsey
Mcnamee
McCann
Mcnabb
Meyler
C cavanagh
Mcclure
Harte
Sludden
Mattie
Mc curry
Cavanagh
Bradley

I'd be very surprised if mcrory doesn't start in full back line though. Also I couldn't decide on other corner forward. Would like Bradley drifting in and out leaving sean and a ball winner up there beside him. But we don't really have anyone. Could play McGeary or someone and push harte or Donnelly up but not sure they're beat options either.

Really want to see us pushing up on at least some kickouts. And if we so can't leave one free man and really have to battle for the breaks round the middle and go for it.

I think Harte will go with something like this:

1. Morgan
2. Hampsey
3. McNamee
4. McCrory
5. McNabb
6. Brennan
7. McCann
8. C Cavanagh
9. Donnelly
10. McGeary
11. Sludden
12. Harte
13. Bradley
14. S. Cavanagh
15. Mulgrew

It's hard to know really though, our poor end to the league and the subsequent gap without games means that whoever is going well in training will be in prime contention. McGeary seemed to nail a place down in the half forward line near the end of the league and Mulgrew looked to be playing well and getting some minutes after the u21 involvement finished so I'd have a suspicion those two will start. Half back line is basically McCann and two others - plenty of options there and perhaps Harry Loughran could be a suprise starter.

I'd stick with Mattie in midfield and see how he goes?

Am I also right in saying a black card would rule Sludden out of the next game as he's already picked two up during the league? I'm sure the one against Mayo has been appealed as it was a joke of a decision, the Kerry one was supposed to have been very soft as well.

I'd imagine the free taking situation will be Sean from the left, Petey from the right and Morgan from anything around the 45 or outside.

Should be some good options on the bench anyway with the likes of McCurry, Lee Brennan, McClure, Meyler and Burns among others.

trueblue1234

Quote from: TheOptimist on May 20, 2017, 02:02:43 PM
Step 1

Check

Step 2

Check

Step 3

Check

Step 4

Pending

We may have a shite team but I'd still rather be from Derry 😀

This is the problem with Derry wans, no ambition.
Grammar: the difference between knowing your shit

Redhand Santa

Quote from: Il Bomber Destro on May 22, 2017, 06:47:45 PM
Quote from: Redhand Santa on May 20, 2017, 08:42:34 PM

Morgan
Brennan
Hampsey
Mcnamee
McCann
Mcnabb
Meyler
C cavanagh
Mcclure
Harte
Sludden
Mattie
Mc curry
Cavanagh
Bradley

I think Harte will go with something like this:

1. Morgan
2. Hampsey
3. McNamee
4. McCrory
5. McNabb
6. Brennan
7. McCann
8. C Cavanagh
9. Donnelly
10. McGeary
11. Sludden
12. Harte
13. Bradley
14. S. Cavanagh
15. Mulgrew

It's hard to know really though, our poor end to the league and the subsequent gap without games means that whoever is going well in training will be in prime contention. McGeary seemed to nail a place down in the half forward line near the end of the league and Mulgrew looked to be playing well and getting some minutes after the u21 involvement finished so I'd have a suspicion those two will start. Half back line is basically McCann and two others - plenty of options there and perhaps Harry Loughran could be a suprise starter.

I'd stick with Mattie in midfield and see how he goes?

Am I also right in saying a black card would rule Sludden out of the next game as he's already picked two up during the league? I'm sure the one against Mayo has been appealed as it was a joke of a decision, the Kerry one was supposed to have been very soft as well.

I'd imagine the free taking situation will be Sean from the left, Petey from the right and Morgan from anything around the 45 or outside.

Should be some good options on the bench anyway with the likes of McCurry, Lee Brennan, McClure, Meyler and Burns among others.

I'd imagine you are very close to the starting team there. Mulgrew would be the only starter there that I would be surprised with if he's named to start. Would expect McCurry Meyler or McClure to be ahead of him but could be wrong. McNulty started last game of the league so suppose he cant be totally ruled out either.