The Horse racing thread

Started by maddog, December 19, 2006, 03:02:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Our Nail Loney

QuoteKauto Star's final preparations ahead of his hat-trick bid in Saturday's Betfair Chase at Haydock have all gone according to plan.

Sam Thomas, standing in for the injured Ruby Walsh, was down at Paul Nicholls' Ditcheat yard yesterday popping the former Gold Cup winner over some small fences.

"He's in top form, Sam came down and schooled him, he jumped about 20 little fences and he's in very good form and I'm very happy with him," said Nicholls.

"I like to school them all a couple of days before they run as it makes them stretch and is good exercise. If they jump 20 obstacles in a piece of work it's quite good for them.

"It's a routine we do with Kauto Star and he enjoys it too."

Owner-breeder Roger Nicholls is happy to go back on his word that Ollie Magern would never return to Haydock after three failed attempts in the Betfair Chase.

With reasonable conditions and the popular gelding in such fine form, Nicholls now believes there are grounds to be optimistic ahead of the Grade One contest.       
"I think he deserves his chance. There's only six runners, so there's some place money there so let's go and enjoy ourselves," he said.

"I did say I'd never go there again but, as long as it's good ground and not abog, it should be all right.

"If it was heavy he wouldn't be going.

"He gives his all and a lot of peculiar things happen in racing.

"We just hopes he goes there, enjoys it and comes back safe - fingers crossed."

Ollie Magern's three previousefforts in the Betfair Chase have ended in disappointment.

He was last of seven to Kingscliff in 2005 and finished fourth and sixth to Kauto Star in the last two runnings.

The others don't wanna hear that... Best price 4/9 kauto tomorrow...

full back

Quote from: Our Nail Loney on November 21, 2008, 09:59:39 AM
Yeah I will... That market the tote put up for how much will be wagered on the scoop6 went like this

9.30am 50-1
9.36am 20-1
9.46am 14-1
9.53am 10-1
10.02am 8-1
10.56am 13-2
12.14pm 5-1
13.00pm 5-2
14.26pm 2-1
15.21pm SUSPENDED

That is for the over £4million selection

It is 2/1 on Betfair for £4million & over
You reckon it is worth a punt?

Our Nail Loney

Aye might be worth a bit... This weekend will break all records... They are keeping the punters sweating as well, I think the races are normally always announced by this stage

Looks like there could be two races at lingfield tomorrow in it, f**k sake. Look forward to next weeks rollover then!

Our Nail Loney

Scoop6 races:-

Leg 1: 2.10 Lingfield

Leg 2: 2.40 Lingfield

Leg 3: 2.45 Haydock

Leg 4: 3.20 Lingfield

Leg 5: 3.30 Huntingdon 3m2f Handicap Hurdle (was the 2.55 on page 28 of Racing Post)

Leg 6: 3.50 Lingfield

full back

Unless there are a few shock results in the big fields I cant see it rolling over again

Our Nail Loney

The big syndicates will be out in force this week, plundering thousands into their dockets but you never know

Maybe one of us can do an agnes... Wee woman who got the six winners picking names that had significance like her family names an all, then she got the bonus the next week also!

Last weeks was this

Joe Lively 4/1
Imperial Commander 13/2
Ice Tea 8/1
Fair Along 10/1
European Dream 11/2
Sunnyhill Boy 14/1

The accum would have paid £361,968.75 for a £1...

19 dockets were still live going into the last leg but they could not get it... If I remember rightly someone had the 66/1 second place in the last leg Maneki Neko... some sweat there!

Our Nail Loney

Just looking at the races. Cant believe the tote have picked four shitty all weather races when there are good national hunt cards elsewhere, maybe they are looking for anothr rollover since they get 30% of the pool back to them??

cavan4ever

Can we do this in the free state?

SidelineKick

Nail says it can be done online so try that site he posted up and see!  Should be able to!
"If you want to box, say you want to box and we'll box"

Reported.

bigfrank

full back

Quote from: bigfrank on November 21, 2008, 12:15:42 PM
Getinbybutonlyj 3.00 kelso

Did you hear word about it or it it your fancy?

orangeman

How far will Kauto Star win by tomorrow ?

full back

Quote from: orangeman on November 21, 2008, 12:23:03 PM
How far will Kauto Star win by tomorrow ?

Half a dozen lengths or more IMHO

Our Nail Loney

First two of a 4timer up... Mad Max and Massinis Maguire...

Waiting on Lodge Laen and Naiad du Misselot