The Horse racing thread

Started by maddog, December 19, 2006, 03:02:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

cavan4ever

Quote from: Lecale2 on December 19, 2007, 11:49:26 PM
Good man Bud!! Thanks v much. 4/1 is grand when it wins.

Any winner is a good !!

never kickt a ball

Quote from: never kickt a ball on December 20, 2007, 12:04:08 AM
Big Zeb
Entered in the following races

26 Dec 2007 2:00  (Four Day) at DOWN ROYAL, Irish Stallion Farms European Breeders Fund Beginners Chase 
29 Dec 2007 1:25  (Five Day) at LEOPARDSTOWN, Bewleys Hotel Manchester Beginners Chase

Big ZEB:

Entered in the following races

29 Dec 2007 1:25  (Four Day) at LEOPARDSTOWN, Bewleys Hotel Manchester Beginners Chase 
1 Jan 2008 3:15  (Four Day) at FAIRYHOUSE, Bambury´s Bet @ Rathborne Beginners Chase

Owenmoresider

Powerful stuff from Ruby and Kauto Star today, ran away with the King George in the end. Short-priced for Cheltenham already.

Sky Blue

Big Zeb fell at the first. It most have been the weight of all my money that pulled him down :(

never kickt a ball

Quote from: Sky Blue on December 29, 2007, 06:10:21 PM
Big Zeb fell at the first. It most have been the weight of all my money that pulled him down :(

3.15 Fairyhouse:

BIG ZEB, who came to grief at the first fence when second-favourite for Saturday's Leopardstown event won by Pedrobob, is tipped to make amends. It is noteworthy that he was a fraction shorter in the betting than Pedrobob, who won last season's County Hurdle and had the advantage of a previous run over fences, so there was plenty of confidence behind the Oscar gelding who certainly has the physique of a chaser. A course winner of a maiden hurdle last season, and afterwards a fine second to Sizing Europe at Punchestown, he warmed up for the new campaign with a satisfactory efforr behind Catch Me over hurdles at this venue.

never kickt a ball

1    Big Zeb 11/4 J2Fav 7 11 - 12 D N Russell C A Murphy -

tracked leaders on outer, 5th halfway, headway approaching 3 out, led travelling well 2 out, clear last, easily

Well done again Bud ;)

Lecale2

Well done again Bud!!

He won it easy, gave a lot of ground to the favourite with a wide run but ran out by 10-12 lengths.

Homer

Quote from: bennydorano on December 19, 2007, 04:00:30 PM
Waiting on a nag called Delightfully, has been declared and withdrawn a couple of times already, meant to be a 'Christmas money' horse. Keep them peeled, no doubt it'll appear on boxing day with no AZ's anywhere to check through the hundred or so meetings on.

There's a horse called Delightfully running in the next (12.40) at Ayr !?!? 10/1

never kickt a ball

Quote from: Homer on January 02, 2008, 12:35:10 PM
Waiting on a nag called Delightfully, has been declared and withdrawn a couple of times already, meant to be a 'Christmas money' horse. Keep them peeled, no doubt it'll appear on boxing day with no AZ's anywhere to check through the hundred or so meetings on.

There's a horse called Delightfully running in the next (12.40) at Ayr !?!? 10/1

Beat

Homer

Quote from: never kickt a ball on January 02, 2008, 12:50:40 PM
Quote from: Homer on January 02, 2008, 12:35:10 PM

Beat

Aye, came 3rd and had the 8th horse not been declared a non-runner there could have been some each way money from him.

However this may not have been the horse that Benny was referring to as there is another horse named Delightfully that hasn't ran since April.

bennydorano

maddog

Quote from: Bud Wiser on December 19, 2007, 01:53:49 PM
I think Bonus will win in Kempton tonight.

I think if Manilou runs in Navan he will win in Lep'town but he won't win his very next race. That yoke Big Zeb is supposed to be a cert but then again....

Manilou for cork 3.05 tomorrow?

Grantsman

I was talking to Bud Wiser just this very second and he says to wait 'till later.  He thinks there will be only 9 horses in that race but I think he will be running like the last day when he pulled the arms out of the jockey and came 9th.  Whats the ground like in Cork, was there much rain down there?

Bud says he won't be backing him, waiting for another two weeks or so.

Lecale2

I hope I meet this Bud wiser fella something. I own him a few pints.

Hardy

Quote from: Grantsman on January 04, 2008, 02:59:32 PM
Whats the ground like in Cork, was there much rain down there?

Heavy rain overnight and heavy showers through most of today - here by Cork Harbour anyway. I don't imagine Mallow was much different. The going in my back garden would be described as soft and that's on a hill.