The Horse racing thread

Started by maddog, December 19, 2006, 03:02:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Candyman

Armagh4SamAgain

'We just go out to play our football and let the critics say what they want. They usually do anyway"

Hardy

What an unbelievable horse. I know it's a cliche, but he has the heart of a lion. I've bored you all before with the fact that he's never won when I've backed him and never lost when I haven't, so you can guess what I did today. I never expected him to win this at his age. At this rate I wouldn't be surprised to see another big Cheltenham performance from him, simply on the basis that if he's in contention at the finish he just refuses to be beaten.

Outstanding sport, watching that today.

the Deel Rover

what age is he now hardy also you might let us know when your not going to put a few squid on him ;)
Crossmolina Deel Rovers
All Ireland Club Champions 2001

Louth Exile

Quote from: the Deel Rover on November 24, 2007, 03:07:43 PM
what age is he now hardy also you might let us know when your not going to put a few squid on him ;)

He is 10, turning 11, a great horse, you just knew coming around the final bend that he just wouldn't give up. When you also factor in that Conor is renowned as a sympathetic jockey, it shows just how tough the auld fella is. The old dog is not finished yet  ;)
It was a pity to see a talented horse such as Detroit City lose his life, I truly believe that he wouldn't have been a champion hurdler, but nonetheless a top class animal and sad to see.

Sonnyanjoe put up another good performance for a second week in a row also and I was glad to see Kauto getting back to winning ways  :) Its great to have the national hunt season back in full swing and more good racing tommorrow with the troytown in Navan and the Beecher in Aintree.
St. Josephs GFC - SFC Champions 1996 & 2006, IFC Champions 1983, 1990 & 2016 www.thejoesgfc.com

Bud Wiser

Heading down to Puncturestown today with the bould Manilou.  He was out for a trial race with two good horses in Gowran Park earlier this week and he bate them well and they were two that would have been fancied for today if they were running.  He was still running like Damien Fitzhenry running back after taking a penalty and throwing the head up and down and laughing after passing the post and despite his form from his last races I am confident he will win today.  Certainly worth an E/W bet if you get in early and if the smirk on his face and the strut of him after the trial is anything to go by. He thinks himself he has only to turn up.

" Laois ? You can't drink pints of Guinness and talk sh*te in a pub, and play football the next day"

Lecale2

Bud Wiser

A disaster all round on the day. Bud's central heating went bust on Sunday and I never got down there and I didn't get the info until it was too late so I lost the price of the Bord Gas service man along with my shirt.  As I said, the boyo ran a trial and did well but it was decided on the day that because the ground was muck he would not be pushed which is kinda unfair on us punters.

He will be running again in two weeks time and he won't be pushed either but is preparing for a race in Feb.  In other words I am told not to back him next time out but the one after that. The row is over betwen the running and the horse needed race after race for about two months, he was actually complaininh himself about having no social life and watching all the other horses going away for weekends while he stayed at home. Sory about that is all I can say.

There is another yoke running soon called Big Zeb or Big Jeb.  Anyone know anything about a horse of this name tag ?
" Laois ? You can't drink pints of Guinness and talk sh*te in a pub, and play football the next day"

Homer

Quote from: Bud Wiser on December 11, 2007, 08:41:11 PM
A disaster all round on the day. Bud's central heating went bust on Sunday and I never got down there and I didn't get the info until it was too late so I lost the price of the Bord Gas service man along with my shirt.  As I said, the boyo ran a trial and did well but it was decided on the day that because the ground was muck he would not be pushed which is kinda unfair on us punters.

He will be running again in two weeks time and he won't be pushed either but is preparing for a race in Feb.  In other words I am told not to back him next time out but the one after that. The row is over betwen the running and the horse needed race after race for about two months, he was actually complaininh himself about having no social life and watching all the other horses going away for weekends while he stayed at home. Sory about that is all I can say.

There is another yoke running soon called Big Zeb or Big Jeb.  Anyone know anything about a horse of this name tag ?

Big Zeb is a very useful Irish 6 yo who has been running over hurdles this year after spending last year coming close in a few bumpers.

Good form but seems to like second place a bit much: 223-122.

Here is the analysis comment on his last second place finish behind odds on fav Catch Me.

Big Zeb (B J Geraghty 2/1) ran a satisfactory race on his seasonal reappearance. Handily placed, he went in pursuit of the winner after the third last but was no match. Encouragingly, he pulled well clear of the third horse and it can't be too long before this very highly regarded individual goes and jumps a fence.

cavan4ever

Anyone know how to find out when a horse is running next?

AZOffaly

On IrishRacing.com you can put in a couple of horses names and they will email you with declarations, confirmed starts and results for that horse(s). It's handy enough if you don't study the Racing Post every day.

maddog

BIG ZEB (IRE)   6-y-o (1 Jan 2001) b g 
    NOTEPAD 
Trainer: C A Murphy             Owner: Patrick Joseph Redmond 
Breeder: Lyle Buttimer
Oscar(IRE) (16.0f) - Our Siveen (Deep Run(13.4f)) 

My Notes        Form        Statistics        Entries        Wins        Sales        Charts        Relatives        Quotes       

RACE TYPE STARTS WINS 2nds 3rds WIN PRIZE TOTAL PRIZE  BEST TS BEST RPR BHB RATING†

Lifetime Flat Turf  0 0 0 0 £0 £0     
Lifetime All Weather  0 0 0 0 £0 £0   
Lifetime Hurdle  6 1 4 1 £5,603 £15,953 123 135 
Lifetime Chase  0 0 0 0 £0 £0   
Lifetime Stakes  0 0 0 0 £0 £0   
Lifetime All  6 1 4 1 £5,603 £15,953   

VIDEO  DATE  RACE CONDITIONS  WGT  RACE OUTCOME  JOCKEY  OR  TS  RPR

— — 01Dec07 Fai 18Y/Sft  H,11K 11-6 2/12 13L, Catch Me[2/1] 11-9  B J Geraghty —  79  135
— — 27Apr07 Pun 16Gd  NvH,13K 11-12 2/24 3½L, Sizing Europe[4/1J] 11-11  B J Geraghty —  108  126
— — 10Mar07 Fai 16Sft/Hy  MdH,5K 11-12 1/16 12L, Best Malt[3/1] 11-5  B J Geraghty —  123  129
— — 21Oct06 Fai 16Sft/Hy  4-7yNHF,4K 11-7 3/13 7½L, Judge Deed[4/5F] 12-0  D P Fahy —  43  105
— — 18Apr06 Fai 16Gd/Y  5-6yNHF,6K 11-6 2/23 2L, Captain Cee Bee[9/4F] 11-13  D P Fahy —  —  109
— — 05Feb06 Lim 16Sft  5-7yNHF,4K 11-4 2/14 2½L, Clopf[9/4F] 11-8  D P Fahy —  112  112
Videos: "FULL" show full race, "FIN" shows closing stages.

Not entered in anything in the next few days anyway

cavan4ever

Cheers i got a tip for a horse but it doesn't seem to be entered in any races and was supposed to be running before xmas, i will post up more info when i get it.

Supposed to be a cert  ::)

Guillem2

Thats what we need for the Christmas money!
Talking is an overrated way of communicating.