Clerical abuse!

Started by D4S, May 20, 2009, 05:09:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

We all know this disgusting scandal is as a result of The Church and The State, but who do you hold mostly accountable, and should therefore pay out the most in compensation to victims?

The State
The Church
Split 50/50

Milltown Row2

Tony if your job is to become the most deplorable person on the board, then well done! I feel you get a kick out of the posts you make on child rape.

Empathy seems lost on you, you have Asperger's or just a sick WUM, either way you'll have no luck with that outlook on life
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

laoislad

Would disowning one of your own kids because they happened to be Gay be classed as good parenting in your world?
When you think you're fucked you're only about 40% fucked.

michaelg

Quote from: T Fearon on February 17, 2018, 11:40:30 AM
So when does this "hold" end? When the victims grow up and smell the money? What about my experience on the periphery of this in 1978, when as a student working in a leisure centre I saw a full time work "colleague" arrested,charged,convicted and imprisoned for abusing two young brothers in the changing rooms.Do you know why this happened? Very simple.Abused young boys told their parents,who immediately told the police.Good children,good parenting,that's what it's all about,and that was in the 1970s.
So if abused young people do not tell their parents, they are "bad children"?  Said it before, you are an awful human being.

Owen Brannigan

Quote from: T Fearon on February 17, 2018, 01:01:33 PM
Zzzzz.They are not bad children.Just unfortunate.Children need to know from an early age that their parents are their rock and refuge and encouraged to tell their parents everything.

Except the when parents are handing their children over to a person of trust, 'in loco parentis' and when the parents are also being groomed and to an extent also abused by the person in trust which has been the case in virtually all cases of clerical abuse where the abuser has used his position in the community.  This abuse of trust is further extended within your Church to the hierarchy who have covered up the abuse not only by moving the abuser but by using their positions to prevent parents from gaining justice for their children, e.g. the Brady-Smyth case.

imtommygunn

Quote from: michaelg on February 17, 2018, 12:50:15 PM
So if abused young people do not tell their parents, they are "bad children"?  Said it before, you are an awful human being.

This. Under his own name too. The man is a danger to himself.

Newbridge Exile

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on February 17, 2018, 12:05:50 PM
Tony if your job is to become the most deplorable person on the board, then well done! I feel you get a kick out of the posts you make on child rape.

Empathy seems lost on you, you have Asperger's or just a sick WUM, either way you'll have no luck with that outlook on life
100% agree , as twisted a individual I have had the misfortune to come across ( and not just on this  discussion board )

imtommygunn

Quote from: Newbridge Exile on February 17, 2018, 04:57:24 PM

100% agree , as twisted a individual I have had the misfortune to come across ( and not just on this  discussion board )

Exactly. What if someone who was involved in one of these abuse cases read here- how would they feel reading that.  It isn't outside the realms of possibility.

longballin

Quote from: imtommygunn on February 17, 2018, 05:11:00 PM
Quote from: Newbridge Exile on February 17, 2018, 04:57:24 PM

Exactly. What if someone who was involved in one of these abuse cases read here- how would they feel reading that.  It isn't outside the realms of possibility.

I don't understand how whoever runs this board allows many of Tony's comments... I dont think he can help it, seems to be driven by ego and attention seeking with no sensitivity at all

ONARAGGATIP

I have not been long on the board but have read from the sidelines for a long time. Mr Fearon seems to hijack the majority of threads he posts in. I don't even think he believes what he posts, anything for a reaction, quite similar to the paedo hunter groups he claims to support. Quite sad really. I will pray for his soul.

Targetman

A delegation of parents of P7 pupils at St.Patricks primary school in Hilltown met Bishop McAreavey and told him they didn't want him confirming their children, the parish priest Fr Byrne is now confirming them, they also expressed their wish to see the parochial house flattened!!

longballin

Quote from: Targetman on February 17, 2018, 06:52:20 PM
A delegation of parents of P7 pupils at St.Patricks primary school in Hilltown met Bishop McAreavey and told him they didn't want him confirming their children, the parish priest Fr Byrne is now confirming them, they also expressed their wish to see the parochial house flattened!!

Excellent if it's true... can a priest do confirmation?

Main Street

Is Bishop McAreavey the focus of the anger because he had known in his heart since 2002, some short time after he said that mass, that Finnegan had sexually abused boys but he did not take appropriate action?  That the pace of investigation has been glacial?

Targetman

Quote from: longballin on February 17, 2018, 07:16:58 PM

I'm no expert on this matter, but I was speaking to one of the parents and that's what I was told, it'll be interesting to see if any other parishes follow suit, and the reasoning behind it is obviously the fact that McAreavey knew what Finnegan had been guilty of and took no action, fair play to the parents, did he think the letter that was read out at mass last week and an apology would sort everything

longballin

Quote from: Targetman on February 17, 2018, 07:51:25 PM
Quote from: longballin on February 17, 2018, 07:16:58 PM

I'm no expert on this matter, but I was speaking to one of the parents and that's what I was told, it'll be interesting to see if any other parishes follow suit, and the reasoning behind it is obviously the fact that McAreavey knew what Finnegan had been guilty of and took no action, fair play to the parents, did he think the letter that was read out at mass last week and an apology would sort everything

well done to those parents.

Main Street

I can't even get an answer to a simple question on this thread because you fools all sucked into Tony's agenda,
quelle folie!!