The Many Faces of US Politics...

Started by Tyrones own, March 20, 2009, 09:29:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gabriel_Hurl

Quote from: J70 on November 05, 2018, 12:51:37 PMPretty much all you do here is whine about the supposed bias of the media against conservatives. How about a bit of insight into what YOU think SHOULD be happening with healthcare?

He does tell us about all these people he knows who always seem to back up the point he's trying to make

J70

Anyone willing to put money on where the election will end up?

538 has the Dems with an 85% chance of taking the House and the GOP likewise for keeping (and increasing their majority) in the Senate.

Yet, with such a narrow current margin to begin with and some of the races literally on a knife edge and "leaning" races very close to the margin of error, this COULD end up with total control of Congress held by either party.

Trump had a one in four or one in three chance going into Election Day two years ago, but squeaked it by prevailing very narrowly in a few tight races.

whitey

Anyone see the Black Panthers out armed to the teeth supporting Stacey Abraham's?

If it was a right wing militia, we'd be in flat out melt down mode

I think it's impossible to tell how it will pan out......a lot of house races have had no polling and polls in general find it hard to predict turnout.

How much will the Kavanaugh debacle matter......could be a major own goal for the Dems and cost them 2/3 Senate seats and could cost them House seats too.

I think that the Democrats will take the House by a narrow margin, and I think the Blue wave is being overstated. I would be very nervous if I was a Democrat that complacency has set in and it's a foregone conclusion

There may also be a hidden Trump vote.....every Trump supporter I know lies to the pollsters and says they're a Democrat

(I had a cousin visiting from England last week and she and her mates went off to Glastonbury and skipped voting on Brexit because they thought it was a done deal)

Gabriel_Hurl

Who is Stacey Abraham?

Quote from: whitey on November 05, 2018, 05:36:15 PM(I had a cousin visiting from England last week and she and her mates went off to Glastonbury and skipped voting on Brexit because they thought it was a done deal)

Quote from: Gabriel_Hurl on November 05, 2018, 02:10:45 PMHe does tell us about all these people he knows who always seem to back up the point he's trying to make

See J70  ;)

Eamonnca1

Whitey long ago crossed the point of being a brick wall that cannot be spoken to. We could be having an interesting discussion on this thread about US politics, but instead it's just degenerated into Whitey v Reality.

I'm thinking of just putting him on ignore. He's a waste of time. There's no point in trying to reason with these people. They are completely brainwashed. Conservatives in America are like cult members.

J70

Quote from: whitey on November 05, 2018, 05:36:15 PM
Anyone see the Black Panthers out armed to the teeth supporting Stacey Abraham's?

If it was a right wing militia, we'd be in flat out melt down mode

I think it's impossible to tell how it will pan out......a lot of house races have had no polling and polls in general find it hard to predict turnout.

How much will the Kavanaugh debacle matter......could be a major own goal for the Dems and cost them 2/3 Senate seats and could cost them House seats too.

I think that the Democrats will take the House by a narrow margin, and I think the Blue wave is being overstated. I would be very nervous if I was a Democrat that complacency has set in and it's a foregone conclusion

There may also be a hidden Trump vote.....every Trump supporter I know lies to the pollsters and says they're a Democrat

(I had a cousin visiting from England last week and she and her mates went off to Glastonbury and skipped voting on Brexit because they thought it was a done deal)

If most of us here had our way, NO ONE would be able to don assault weapons and try to look menacing!

But anyway, get back to us when this becomes anything more then an isolated incident for the left. I'm sure if the Daily Caller or whoever is really interested, there's plenty of minute men and the likes out there doing similar.

You must know a lot of connected people (or else I'm completely cut off from reality in NYC) - I don't know ANYONE who has ever mentioned being contacted by a political pollster, never mind lying to them for whatever reason. I guess your friends don't have the courage of their convictions.

We will see what happens - SNL did a skit the other night on Democrats being in a state of high anxiety over the polls after 2016. Early turnout is way up in 2014, whatever that will mean.

whitey

Actually they are much clever than you give them credit for

They do it to lull the Democrats into a false sense of security in the hope of  suppressing their turnout

seafoid

If they ran the Brexit vote again there would be 2 million more young voters and 1.x million dead Brexit voters and remain would win.
Same in the US. The GOP crew are old and white and they can't stop age. Plus Trump doubled down on hate , turning off moderates. And the GOP can't sell tax cuts or healthcare. I think the GOP will suffer.
"f**k it, just score"- Donaghy   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IbxG2WwVRjU

whitey

Quote from: Gabriel_Hurl on November 05, 2018, 06:58:44 PM
Who is Stacey Abraham?

Quote from: whitey on November 05, 2018, 05:36:15 PM(I had a cousin visiting from England last week and she and her mates went off to Glastonbury and skipped voting on Brexit because they thought it was a done deal)

Quote from: Gabriel_Hurl on November 05, 2018, 02:10:45 PMHe does tell us about all these people he knows who always seem to back up the point he's trying to make

See J70  ;)

Believe what you want. That conversation took place in Manhattan last Thursday night

Eamonnca1

Quote from: seafoid on November 05, 2018, 08:25:34 PM
If they ran the Brexit vote again there would be 2 million more young voters and 1.x million dead Brexit voters and remain would win.
Same in the US. The GOP crew are old and white and they can't stop age. Plus Trump doubled down on hate , turning off moderates. And the GOP can't sell tax cuts or healthcare. I think the GOP will suffer.

Indeed. Voter suppression and gerrymandering can only get conservatives so far.  A reckoning will come eventually. I can't wait until the day when I'm whipping them in the fields.

seafoid

Daniel Dale

@ddale8
·
58m

"We are the super-elites. We are the super-elites," Trump says after telling supporters in Cape Girardeau, Missouri that they make more money than the supposed  elites « 

The scale of ignorance in the States is shocking. And it was engineered.

Imagine a Fianna Fáil Taoiseach telling poor people in Manorhamilton that they earned more money than people in D4.

RedHand88

You have to remember however that people turn more right wing as they age. So just because a hippy liberal leftie type may have voted dem through their youth, when they enter the world of employment they might suddenly gain an aversion to high tax rates and over zealous public spending.

seafoid

Quote from: RedHand88 on November 06, 2018, 12:23:06 PM

You have to remember however that people turn more right wing as they age. So just because a hippy liberal leftie type may have voted dem through their youth, when they enter the world of employment they might suddenly gain an aversion to high tax rates and over zealous public spending.
Lots of Fox viewers vote and have money but are ignorant.The cohort leaving youth to become conservative is better educated and less likely to be as rabid. There is no party for them.

seafoid

Early votes alone in three states with competitive races, Texas, Arizona and Nevada, exceeded total midterm turnout in 2014.(Guardian)

I think Beto O Rourke will beat Cruz. Hon Cavan