Attendances

Started by slippery dodger, January 18, 2018, 09:22:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Manning18

I'd strongly suggest these attendance figures aren't really accurate. They're saying 18k for Galway KK yest. I have never seen Pearse Stadium more full, including plenty of Galway Mayo games with 20k attendances. I'd say the true figure yesterday was closer to 25k. The Tyrone Monaghan attendance looked low also. Wasn't there a few Mayo people laughing during the league at a 10k or so attendance being given when the entire 10k stand alone was full. Something being kept back I'd say

AZOffaly

An age old practice in the GAA :) Whenever they announce a gate, I automatically add 20%. I remember a couple of games in Thurles where the lad on the gate basically had his foot on the clutch the whole time, just firing people in. The place was packed, lads moving from the new stand to the old stand, sitting on the field and all. Attendance was announced at 40k, both times :)

Cunny Funt

Quote from: Manning18 on May 28, 2018, 11:02:32 AM
I'd strongly suggest these attendance figures aren't really accurate. They're saying 18k for Galway KK yest. I have never seen Pearse Stadium more full, including plenty of Galway Mayo games with 20k attendances. I'd say the true figure yesterday was closer to 25k. The Tyrone Monaghan attendance looked low also. Wasn't there a few Mayo people laughing during the league at a 10k or so attendance being given when the entire 10k stand alone was full. Something being kept back I'd say
15 euro the ticket prices for Galway v KK in hurling yesterday. 25 euro it will be for Sligo v Galway in football next Sunday in Salthill where is the sense in those ticket prices?

straightred

Quote from: Cunny Funt on May 28, 2018, 11:42:31 AM
15 euro the ticket prices for Galway v KK in hurling yesterday. 25 euro it will be for Sligo v Galway in football next Sunday in Salthill where is the sense in those ticket prices?

Probably the difference between round robin and a semi final. Will they use the same logic when it comes to the football super 8s. I doubt it.

I've a season ticket and my gripe is that you only get 1 opt out. With the tight scheduling of fixtures i know I i'll miss more than one. The GAA wont mind though as they'll still get my money.

inthrough

Count yourself dammed lucky at €25. If you rolled up to watch Derry V Donegal last Sunday they were charging an eye watering €35. No one to blame but themselves for lower crowds.

mayo.mick

Re: ticket prices,

Can any of ye riddle me this? How come Mayo v Galway Q/final tickets were €30/25 yet Galway v Sligo S/final tickets are only €25/20?
mayo for sam-don't ask me what year! :-)
https://michaelmaye.com/mayo-gaa-photos/
@mayo_mick

rosnarun

Quote from: inthrough on May 29, 2018, 01:34:42 PM
Count yourself dammed lucky at €25. If you rolled up to watch Derry V Donegal last Sunday they were charging an eye watering €35. No one to blame but themselves for lower crowds.

only if you bought on the day good bit cheaper on line
If you make yourself understood, you're always speaking well. Moliere

Cunny Funt

Quote from: mayo.mick on May 29, 2018, 01:37:50 PM

Can any of ye riddle me this? How come Mayo v Galway Q/final tickets were €30/25 yet Galway v Sligo S/final tickets are only €25/20?
Mr Prenty acting the bollix getting an extra €5 from his own county men.

Ambrose

5500 looked very ambitious for Down v Antrim on Saturday evening. Maybe someone who was there could give their thoughts.
You can't live off history and tradition forever

Rossfan

Having been laid up the last couple of days I got round to reading the Monday Sports sections that I'd kept since the Championships got under way and checking crowd figures.
Overall attendances to date
Football
Connacht  45,800 (4 games)
Leinster  32,500 (7)
Munster  7,300 (3)
Ulster 48,000 (5)
Hurling
Leinster 55,300 (6)
Munster 81,100 (4).
So the 19 football games drew 133,600 , the 10 hurling games 136,400.
We have 49 football games left (barring replays) while the hurley lot have 17.

I can see why we'll always have a Munster SHC while the Leinster SFC figures speak for themselves.
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

armaghniac

Quote from: Rossfan on May 30, 2018, 05:41:32 PM
Ulster 48,000 (5)

God be with the days when Armagh v Tyrone had 30,000+ of that in one first round game.
If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

From the Bunker

Quote from: mayo.mick on May 29, 2018, 01:37:50 PM

There were 5k Mayo season ticket  fans who do not have to purchase tickets for a round One game.  That shortfall has to be made up!

didlyi

Quote from: Rossfan on May 30, 2018, 05:41:32 PM
Having been laid up the last couple of days I got round to reading the Monday Sports sections that I'd kept since the Championships got under way and checking crowd figures.
Overall attendances to date
Football
Connacht  45,800 (4 games)
Leinster  32,500 (7)
Munster  7,300 (3)
Ulster 48,000 (5)
Hurling
Leinster 55,300 (6)
Munster 81,100 (4).
So the 19 football games drew 133,600 , the 10 hurling games 136,400.
We have 49 football games left (barring replays) while the hurley lot have 17.

I can see why we'll always have a Munster SHC while the Leinster SFC figures speak for themselves.

The hurling lot like their hurling...Langer

Dinny Breen

Jesus will the Leinster football Championship break the 100k barrier, will be the worst year on record.

The obvious solution is give more money to Dublin and play all the games in Croke Park.
#newbridgeornowhere

From the Bunker

Quote from: Dinny Breen on May 30, 2018, 10:35:15 PM
Jesus will the Leinster football Championship break the 100k barrier, will be the worst year on record.

The obvious solution is give more money to Dublin and play all the games in Croke Park.

I know create a round robin series at the quarter final stage. Champions league like. Give Dublin the chance to hammer each County one by one at home. Then they can play their semi final at home and their final at home. We all know Dublin have the best travelling fans in the country and are not afraid to walk, use Dublin bus or the Dart. Some are even known to cycle to matches.