Sigerson Cup 2018

Started by ck, December 11, 2017, 10:57:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Therealdonald

Quote from: Syferus on February 14, 2018, 10:15:32 PM
Quote from: mouview on February 14, 2018, 10:13:16 PM
The final on TV Saturday? Be superior fare to the club matches I'd wager.

Someone would seriously prefer pro watch the Sigerson final than the four best clubs in Ireland going head-to-head?

I've watched alot of Slaughtneils games over the last three or four years, and whilst hugely effective, they don't tend to be that exciting. (Kilcar was a flash in the pan game)

oakleaflad

Quote from: Therealdonald on February 14, 2018, 11:21:06 PM

Someone would seriously prefer pro watch the Sigerson final than the four best clubs in Ireland going head-to-head?

I've watched alot of Slaughtneils games over the last three or four years, and whilst hugely effective, they don't tend to be that exciting. (Kilcar was a flash in the pan game)
Their game against Scotstown was also one of the best I've ever seen.

MayoBuck

bloody mary

See 15 minutes of highlights from the UCD-UU extra-extra time game.. https://youtu.be/cMgvq3uAwJY

spuds

Quote from: bloody mary on February 15, 2018, 09:56:24 AM
See 15 minutes of highlights from the UCD-UU extra-extra time game.. https://youtu.be/cMgvq3uAwJY
Fantastic coverage and some great team scores. All that is good about Sigerson cup.
"As I get older I notice the years less and the seasons more."
John Hubbard

magpie seanie

Quote from: mouview on February 14, 2018, 10:52:17 PM

To win a Sigerson final is a feather in the cap for many footballers and I'm sure they'll be be going all-out for the victory, even more so than the glorified friendly that is the Inter-Pros. Both colleges will boast a large complement of inter-county players, some of whom are senior AI medal winners. Do you think it will be of inferior standard to the club games?

Who cares though? Bar the players and those involved in the clubs and a few former players it's pretty meaningless stuff. Competitive and of a good standard granted but of importance to very few. I'd imagine far, far more people in Galway will be interested in Corofin winning that NUIG.

An Watcher

Looked like some very soft trees against UU after they got the goal

Syferus

Quote from: An Watcher on February 16, 2018, 02:30:39 PM

Maybe UUJ need to branch out and forget about trying to buy Sigersons.

Kickham csc

Quote from: Syferus on February 16, 2018, 03:03:50 PM

You never answered my previous question about UCD and NUIG with reference to scholarships

Are they tying to buy a Sigerson? They all have scholarships. In fact, UCD were the first college to bring them in, and have the most expansive program.

So why do you focus on UUJ and leave out the other colleges?

Taylor

Quote from: Kickham csc on February 16, 2018, 03:17:39 PM

You never answered my previous question about UCD and NUIG with reference to scholarships

Are they tying to buy a Sigerson? They all have scholarships. In fact, UCD were the first college to bring them in, and have the most expansive program.

Stand down Kickham. He is only trying to get a reaction

Jinxy

Don't mind Syferus.
His bark is worse than his bite.
If you were any use you'd be playing.

Syferus

Quote from: Taylor on February 16, 2018, 03:21:00 PM
Quote from: Kickham csc on February 16, 2018, 03:17:39 PM

Stand down Kickham. He is only trying to get a reaction

Like hell I am.

mouview

Quote from: magpie seanie on February 15, 2018, 02:17:34 PM

To win a Sigerson final is a feather in the cap for many footballers and I'm sure they'll be be going all-out for the victory, even more so than the glorified friendly that is the Inter-Pros. Both colleges will boast a large complement of inter-county players, some of whom are senior AI medal winners. Do you think it will be of inferior standard to the club games?

Who cares though? Bar the players and those involved in the clubs and a few former players it's pretty meaningless stuff. Competitive and of a good standard granted but of importance to very few. I'd imagine far, far more people in Galway will be interested in Corofin winning that NUIG.

Not necessarily. Bit of Corofin-fatigue setting in amongst Galway supporters. They'd like to see the win for sure, but there's no novelty factor with them, it's not as if they're there for the first time. On the other hand, with Galway's fortunes improving, there'd be a good interest in how NUIG fare, as there's a good number of potential/actual county players on board.

Syferus

Quote from: mouview on February 16, 2018, 08:34:43 PM

Not necessarily. Bit of Corofin-fatigue setting in amongst Galway supporters. They'd like to see the win for sure, but there's no novelty factor with them, it's not as if they're there for the first time. On the other hand, with Galway's fortunes improving, there'd be a good interest in how NUIG fare, as there's a good number of potential/actual county players on board.

Let's compare attendances at the two games and see if that's BS or not.

GalwayBayBoy

Quote from: mouview on February 16, 2018, 08:34:43 PM

As you said there is potentially more future Galway footballers playing for NUIG than Corofin tomorrow. Albeit minus Kieran Molloy now.