Tyrone Club Football and Hurling

Started by Gabriel_Hurl, November 09, 2006, 10:54:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Norf Tyrone

Quote from: TabClear on October 16, 2016, 09:19:52 AM
Quote from: Norf Tyrone on October 15, 2016, 11:39:24 PM
Quote from: skeog on October 15, 2016, 09:24:16 PM
Castlederg must be happy with you tonight Norf,agree Titles should be earned on the field.

Don't care how The Derg feel. Fair play to our lads who went out today and gave 100% despite having nowt to play for.

However felt for the Tatt lads afterwards. Hard not to.

Last minute goal too.

Fair play Norf.  Have to feel sorry for Clogher as Brocagh's massive win over a depleted Rock team the week before the championship final ultimately cost them a playoff spot. Don't have any issue with Rock holding players back by the way, they earned that right by getting to the final.  Just shows how the fixture lottery can end up costing/benefitting clubs at this time of the year.

As for the Tatts that is some implosion in the last few weeks.  Will be difficult for them to regroup for another month in the Playoffs?

In fairness Clogher had a few handy ones too, beating CNG by 19 and by 43!

Are the fixtures a lottery? Why was round 10 the last played. Can never understand why it's not rounds 1-11 in order and starred rounds 1-5 when the need arises.

It's hard not to feel sorry for Tattyreagh. On the verge of a double and then nothing. Hard to watch them slumping off the field yesterday. Usually that disappointment is not so evident as the other team celebrate but bar two points there was nothing to drown out the silence of disappointment yesterday.
Owen Roe O'Neills GAC, Leckpatrick, Tyrone

Beantown

Coalisland is built on a sandpit so always had decent drainage.  Edendork nor dungannon can take bad weather, edendork has a couple of very bad patches in it when it rains. Dungannon is basically a mud pit. Carrickmore, killycloger have good surfaces and many othersdo too no doubt.  Omagh doesn't even have catch nets!! All pitches can be affected by extremes of weather, but a couple of days rain and it is man the lifeboats time, it's Ireland we live in not Dubai... It does rain here 3/4 of the year round..... But sure co board takes its eye of the ball with most big games.  How many times has there near been a row in Omagh cos there is only 2 ticket windows open at scoreboard end of the ground and a queue of people near as far back as killycloger waiting to get in as the anthem is being crucified.  I have been to numerous national league games and fans from other counties can't believe how disorganised things are in Omagh.... Anyway rant over.. Athletic grounds or Tg4 it is now

blewuporstuffed

So what was does that leave the rest of the senior club's now?
In limbo again?
A bit of communication would be nice   >:(
I can only please one person per day. Today is not your day. Tomorrow doesn't look good either

Club boi

Quote from: Beantown on October 16, 2016, 01:41:57 PM
Ironic thing is both Coalisland and Killyclogher have pitches that stand up to bad weather ! I am sure Carrickmore could host it but god forbid if anything was moved from Healy Park..

Sure the Junior Final was moved. What's good for Division 3 should be good enough for Division 1

Game should've been moved and played today end of. County Board a Shambles and a Disgrace

God14

What a mess, what an absolute embarassment!

omagh_gael

Cargin 1-5 to 1 point versus st galls early on. Winner plays Tyrone champions.

God14

What grates me is that all the resources, all the feckin cash pumped into "TyroneGAA" and no one is held accountable??
I wanna see mark conway, jordan et all in front of the teamtalkmag camera explaining and justifying whats happened here,, and outling plan ahead. Its 2016 folks time to catch up

square_ball

Quote from: blewuporstuffed on October 16, 2016, 02:33:17 PM
In limbo again?

The final round is still on the website for Sunday. I'd guess they will still go ahead.

leenie

Rather than investing in other grounds we have to keep going through this dung ..
At this moment the ladies ulster semi final is being played in augher .. same amount of rain as what Omagh would have had .. pitch never water logged ..
I'm trying to decide on a really meaningful message..

clarshack

A complete embarrassment. Time to lock the gates on Healy park and throw away the key. Always hate going to games there.

clarshack

On another note, well done to the derg. Would that be their first ever adult title?

Scoring Zone

just not good enough, genuinely what do these people do for a living? if they where this incompetent in their profession they wouldn't be in it for long, carrickmore should have been on standby and the omagh pitch being spiked and taken care of since friday but by the looks of it, that may not have worked, a lot of surface water was on it

blewuporstuffed

Quote from: square_ball on October 16, 2016, 03:20:59 PM
In limbo again?

The final round is still on the website for Sunday. I'd guess they will still go ahead.
That's the problem tho,  we are left guessing again.
I can only please one person per day. Today is not your day. Tomorrow doesn't look good either

square_ball

Quote from: blewuporstuffed on October 16, 2016, 06:17:35 PM
Quote from: square_ball on October 16, 2016, 03:20:59 PM
In limbo again?

That's the problem tho,  we are left guessing again.

Oh yeah you're absolutely right it's a guessing game as usual for the clubs which is not good enough. I often feel fixture makers/county board have an impossible job but i have little sympathy for them come this time of year and particularly for todays disgraceful effort. 

redzone

Final is fixed for Friday night and league games go ahead as planned for Sunday so no harm done