Tyrone v Dublin - The return of the Jedi

Started by Fuzzman, August 05, 2017, 08:46:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

RedHand88

Quote from: imtommygunn on August 05, 2017, 11:10:31 PM
I don't think there are enough scores in that tyrone team to beat dublin. I am hoping they give them a much better game than monaghan though.

It is hard to know where either team really are in saying that though. Dublin have been impressive but i don't think they are as good as they have been. Monaghan struggled with down who tyrone made look very ordinary so how much we read into today i am not sure. Should be interesting but like i say hard to see enough scores in tyrone. Big test for them.

What have Tyrone to do to banish this crap about not being score to score/are a defensive team/ have no forwards etc.

Put up the biggest cumulative score in Ulster since 1940. Have averaged 23.75 points in the championship this year.

Fear ón Srath Bán

Quote from: dlgael on August 06, 2017, 09:36:13 AM
The theme and title of this thread is hilarious. Derry, Donegal, Down and Armagh dispatched and Dublin are there for the taking. That's very good. Don't think a ref will be as likely to punish the opposition for dives by Bradley, Mccann or Professor Cheat Sean Cavanagh on 27th. In fact if anything Dublin tend to get handy frees and build an early lead. Let's see if Saint Mickey has the nous to pull off a heist like the 2014 semi. The platform for that was built on QF day when Dublin beat Monaghan by pushing everyone up bar Cuxton.  They have learnt a little humility from that day when we stopped the 5 in a row before it started. Dubs v Kerry final. Hopefully Kerry to win it. Sean to retire and hopefully he takes his black card with him.

Sour grapes, much?
Carlsberg don't do Gombeenocracies, but by jaysus if they did...

dlgael

Just reality checking. Tyrone 2017 have been impressive but they've played nobody no disrespect to the rest of Ulster but we're a shambles. Last year the first test was failed. This year it's an infinitely bigger test. I don't expect Tyrone to lie down and have their bellies tickled but their McGuinness 2012 tactics will get a fair examination. Dublin have been honing playing against this for a few years now. They will recycle where others including us had it turned over. Pains me to say it because I'm not a Dublin fan but my dislike for Dublin is overshadowed by the dark arts masters across the bridge. I said to a neighbour last night that Dublin would put manners on Tyrone. He played a bit hI'm self in the 60s. He laughed and said it wasn't possible.

yellowcard

Quote from: RedHand88 on August 06, 2017, 09:41:33 AM
I don't think there are enough scores in that tyrone team to beat dublin. I am hoping they give them a much better game than monaghan though.

It is hard to know where either team really are in saying that though. Dublin have been impressive but i don't think they are as good as they have been. Monaghan struggled with down who tyrone made look very ordinary so how much we read into today i am not sure. Should be interesting but like i say hard to see enough scores in tyrone. Big test for them.

You're mistaking high scoring for attractive football. They are a horrible side to watch because they basically don't kick the ball other than when they are having a shot on goal. They flood the defence with bodies and make it difficult for the opposition to get shots off never mind scores. Yes it is very effective and takes serious fitness levels but it's awful to watch, such a joyless form of football.

What have Tyrone to do to banish this crap about not being score to score/are a defensive team/ have no forwards etc.

Put up the biggest cumulative score in Ulster since 1940. Have averaged 23.75 points in the championship this year.

stew

Quote from: RedHand88 on August 06, 2017, 09:41:33 AM

Tyrone are brilliant, Dublin are brilliant, this will be one for the ages, C'mon Dublin but Tyrone are an incredible outfit, the winners of this will win Sam.

Armagh, the one true love of a mans life.

Fear ón Srath Bán

"...Over the bridge" -- practically a Tyrone townie in Lifford! :P :)

Putting manners on us, well, that's the great imponderable right now, because we are the one team that the Dubs didn't want to meet en route to their third in a row, at all. We'll give them their fill, and then some -- they're not going to be given this SAM on a plate, and the question is will they have the stomach for this particular fight, and I'm not so sure they have.
Carlsberg don't do Gombeenocracies, but by jaysus if they did...

stew

Quote from: Syferus on August 05, 2017, 11:27:25 PM
Quote from: Fuzzman on August 05, 2017, 10:06:08 PM
A Jayop don't start that shite. I don't think any ref goes out with that attitude.

Syf, o know this is new territory for you but when your team is still in the last eight. Relax.
Enjoy it
No need to resort to default and slag off everyone.
You seem to have anger management issues.
I really hope ye get through to the semis, not for selfish reasons

I don't know what's insulting about stating what almost all neutrals think will happen. But keep doing what you're doing and convincing yourself it's me that looks petty.

If anything it's sad to see Cavanagh go. One of the best of his generation.

Is it f**k, Cavanagh is the softest big man in gaa history, there is no honour in lying down feigning hurt, the man mastered that discipline, comparwd to McGrane or Tohill he is a disgrace, he is a diving cheating bastard in the harte mode,  C'mon the Dubs.
Armagh, the one true love of a mans life.

blewuporstuffed

Quote from: stew on August 06, 2017, 10:54:09 AM
A Jayop don't start that shite. I don't think any ref goes out with that attitude.

Syf, o know this is new territory for you but when your team is still in the last eight. Relax.
Enjoy it

I don't know what's insulting about stating what almost all neutrals think will happen. But keep doing what you're doing and convincing yourself it's me that looks petty.

Is it f**k, Cavanagh is the softest big man in gaa history, there is no honour in lying down feigning hurt, the man mastered that discipline, comparwd to McGrane or Tohill he is a disgrace, he is a diving cheating b**tard in the harte mode,  C'mon the Dubs.
You are one class-less individual stew
I can only please one person per day. Today is not your day. Tomorrow doesn't look good either

dlgael

Quote from: stew on August 06, 2017, 10:54:09 AM

Enjoy it

Is it f**k, Cavanagh is the softest big man in gaa history, there is no honour in lying down feigning hurt, the man mastered that discipline, comparwd to McGrane or Tohill he is a disgrace, he is a diving cheating b**tard in the harte mode,  C'mon the Dubs.

;D ;D :D ;D

seafoid

Plamas from Jim Gavin

"Over the last number of seasons Dublin-Tyrone games have been nip and tuck and I don't expect anything different in three weeks time."

Tyrone need some kind of shock and awe to impose themselves on the game. If they let the Dubs get into Harlem Globetrotters mode it will be over.
"f**k it, just score"- Donaghy   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IbxG2WwVRjU

yellowcard

Quote from: seafoid on August 06, 2017, 11:06:45 AM
Plamas from Jim Gavin

"Over the last number of seasons Dublin-Tyrone games have been nip and tuck and I don't expect anything different in three weeks time."

Tyrone need some kind of shock and awe to impose themselves on the game. If they let the Dubs get into Harlem Globetrotters mode it will be over.

Shock and awe from Tyrone?certainly not, they are not going to change tack in 3 weeks.  It will be a grind fest as Tyrone wheel back the clock 5 years to try and do a Donegal and win the match 11-10 in an arm wrestle of a match.

Fuzzman

Nothing like a good thread title to flush out the anti your team brigade.
Fair play to most of the Armagh and Down ones who were able to admit Tyrone are at a higher level and are now a much more disciplined team. However, there are still a lot of spiteful people on here who want to believe Tyrone are a distasteful anti football side who just try to prevent the other team from playing.
I am not expecting the Dubs game to be a 7 v 6 points game like Donegal back in 2011.

BennyHarp

Quote from: yellowcard on August 06, 2017, 11:16:48 AM
Plamas from Jim Gavin

Shock and awe from Tyrone?certainly not, they are not going to change tack in 3 weeks.  It will be a grind fest as Tyrone wheel back the clock 5 years to try and do a Donegal and win the match 11-10 in an arm wrestle of a match.

Tyrone won't deviate from Plan A and why should they? They have realised that a gameplan to beat the Dubs needs to be perfected. Switching tack in 3 weeks is the decision of fools. Give me Tyrone's winning gameplan over the utter, utter derge served up by Armagh yesterday. I'm am sure most of your county's fans would say the same.
That was never a square ball!!

yellowcard

Quote from: BennyHarp on August 06, 2017, 11:32:57 AM
Quote from: yellowcard on August 06, 2017, 11:16:48 AM
Plamas from Jim Gavin

Tyrone won't deviate from Plan A and why should they? They have realised that a gameplan to beat the Dubs needs to be perfected. Switching tack in 3 weeks is the decision of fools. Give me Tyrone's winning gameplan over the utter, utter derge served up by Armagh yesterday. I'm am sure most of your county's fans would say the same.

Absolutely not, they shouldn't and they won't change it, we know exactly what they are going to do. It's working for them and they might well win an AI with it. At least they have a conviction in what they are doing unlike Armagh who hopelessly played into Tyrones hands and geezer again showed his tactical cluelessness. However, it's not a pretty style of football to watch, it's all about the result with Harte and that's why only an AI title will satisfy many Tyrone fans. If you aren't winning with that style of football then there isn't much joy to be had.

Taylor

Maybe I'm biased but i think we are great to watch.
The angles & pace we run at are frightening.