Money, Dublin and the GAA

Started by IolarCoisCuain, October 04, 2016, 07:27:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Syferus

Quote from: Dinny Breen on September 17, 2017, 07:50:43 PM
We were told Leinster was shit, it's Kildare/Meath's fault for not being competitive etc etc but nobody cared because they still had their crap provincial titles to share among themselves. I have spoken about this for 6 years, all I have gotten in return was abuse and whataboutery from  the grunters. Sport has a simple formula, spend the most money reap the most rewards.

Do you care now?

5 Senior All-Irelands in 7 years. 4 u21 All-Ireland in 8 years. 4 National League Titles in 5 years.

Inter-county football as a competition is in terminal decline probably already dead.

+1

More excitement in the provincial championships and the league than the AI race these days.

Dinny Breen

Quote from: Captain Obvious on September 17, 2017, 08:00:49 PM
Quote from: Dinny Breen on September 17, 2017, 07:50:43 PM
We were told Leinster was shit, it's Kildare/Meath's fault for not being competitive etc etc but nobody cared because they still had their crap provincial titles to share among themselves. I have spoken about this for 6 years, all I have gotten in return was abuse and whataboutery from  the grunters. Sport has a simple formula, spend the most money reap the most rewards.

Do you care now?

5 Senior All-Irelands in 7 years. 4 u21 All-Ireland in 8 years. 4 National League Titles in 5 years.

Inter-county football as a competition is in terminal decline probably already dead.

Mayo are competitive regularly against Dublin. A start for Leinster teams Kildare,Meath etc is to be competitive once in a while against this Dublin side who are not at their peak in May,June and July.

Delusional, Leinster is dead mate. The Super 8 will follow suit.
#newbridgeornowhere

RedHand88

3 of Dublins recent all irelands have been won by a point! One after a replay... The sport is not dead. It wasn't dead when Kerry won 7 out of 9 and it isn't dead now. Christ people are over dramatic.

Dinny Breen

Quote from: RedHand88 on September 17, 2017, 08:08:53 PM
3 of Dublins recent all irelands have been won by a point! One after a replay... The sport is not dead. It wasn't dead when Kerry won 7 out of 9 and it isn't dead now. Christ people are over dramatic.

Won by a point because Dublin have a former world boxing champ as their mental/performance coach, money well spent.

Kerry's was built on organic success not the millions spent on games development, it died a natural death. Who's going to challenge Dublin? Tyrone ha!
#newbridgeornowhere

Dinny Breen

Quote from: hardstation on September 17, 2017, 08:52:03 PM
Quote from: Dinny Breen on September 17, 2017, 08:22:27 PM

Won by a point because Dublin have a former world boxing champ as their mental/performance coach, money well spent.

That's why Dublin won by a point? Hmmm....

It's why Dublin win tight games, it's not coincidence it's what he's employed for, Rock would have visualized that last free and I guarantee he had a process to deal with it. You aren't dealing with amateurs here.
#newbridgeornowhere

lenny

Quote from: Dinny Breen on September 17, 2017, 09:24:37 PM

It's why Dublin win tight games, it's not coincidence it's what he's employed for, Rock would have visualized that last free and I guarantee he had a process to deal with it. You aren't dealing with amateurs here.

Did he visualize the 2 frees he kicked really badly in the first half?

Minder

Read something the other day that Dublins backroom team has 24 but only two or three are paid for their services
"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

Dinny Breen

Quote from: lenny on September 17, 2017, 09:30:09 PM
Quote from: Dinny Breen on September 17, 2017, 09:24:37 PM

Did he visualize the 2 frees he kicked really badly in the first half?

How well did he recovery mentally? Was that coincidence too?
#newbridgeornowhere

Syferus

Quote from: Minder on September 17, 2017, 09:33:15 PM
Read something the other day that Dublins backroom team has 24 but only two or three are paid for their services

That's the official take, sure. Just like Micko and company were traveling to Wicklow for the love of the game..

Dinny Breen

Quote from: hardstation on September 17, 2017, 09:48:04 PM
Dinny, people miss frees and score frees at every level in the GAA and always have done.
It has fcuk all to do with an ex-boxer.

Fine you don't believe in Sports Pyscology. I do and Bernard Dunne heads up the HPU for Irish Boxing, he's not with Dublin to sit on his hole, Rock has a 92% success rate on frees 96% within his range. He's a machine. Sure yea he's just another club footballer.
#newbridgeornowhere

Rossfan

Back in 2013 he missed the pressure ones for Ballymun against Bridgets.
Now on the other hand.......
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

trileacman

I'm in agreement here now lads. We all sat bird-mouthed when Dublin started romping to Leinsters and we said nothing. Now they're starting to romp to all-irelands and were still saying nothing. Today was the only time all year they didn't win by playing in 2nd gear.

A lot of you profess to be rational people but if you can't see the huge advantages that Dublin now have over the rest of us then you have your heads in the sand.

The really, really sad thing is that change will only be enacted when supporters lose interest in a predictable championship and the GAA start getting hit in the coffers. It's a sad indictment of the current GAA mentality that a strong balance sheet is the sole measure of the health of the association.
Fantasy Rugby World Cup Champion 2011,
Fantasy 6 Nations Champion 2014

Syferus

Quote from: Rossfan on September 17, 2017, 10:19:44 PM
Back in 2913 he missed the pressure ones for Ballymena against Bridges.
Now on the other hand.......

Steady on with the Guinness, lad.

Rossfan

At work Syfīn so quick posts and phone running wild :D
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

The Hill is Blue

When Kerry were beating all before them in the 70s and 80s there was no national hysteria about the imminent demise of the game. Back then it was simply a case of the "aristocrats" taking their rightful place at the top of the heap. God was in his heaven and all was right with the world.

There were no calls for something to be done when Kerry took their 37th All Ireland senior title in 2014 (their sixth since 2000). God was still in his heaven and all was still right with the world.

Did no one notice that Kerry won their fourth minor title on the trot yesterday? Perhaps it won't be long before all is right with the world again and the begrudgers can sleep easy.

I remember Dublin City in the Rare Old Times http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9T7OaDDR7i8