The Horse racing thread

Started by maddog, December 19, 2006, 03:02:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

girt_giggler

your right........pulled me out of a hole for the second day in a row!

Treasurer

She has some record in the bumpers, seems to get every last ounce out of the horse.  When she's riding a bumper it's like a money back service for the rest of the day!

Homer

Quote from: Treasurer on March 26, 2008, 02:14:59 PM
She has some record in the bumpers, seems to get every last ounce out of the horse.  When she's riding a bumper it's like a money back service for the rest of the day!

I actually started a system earlier this year that basically involved following Nina's rides in bumpers, it was showing some promise for a while but I was forced to abandon ship due to Noel Meade's unprecedented bad run. Might start paper trading for a while before possibly giving it another chance.

(EDIT - Who's John Meade  :-[)

Treasurer

Quote from: Homer on March 26, 2008, 03:34:40 PM
Quote from: Treasurer on March 26, 2008, 02:14:59 PM

I actually started a system earlier this year that basically involved following Nina's rides in bumpers, it was showing some promise for a while but I was forced to abandon ship due to John Meade's unprecedented bad run. Might start paper trading for a while before possibly giving it another chance.

I'd say it was thanks to Noel Meade's recent run of bad luck that Pandorama was a half decent price on Monday.   The bookies didn't take the same chance with Jered yesterday though unfortunately.

illdecide

Lads i backed 5th place in the Irish National (25/1 so done it each way) i ripped up the docket as i was always under the impression that only first 4 places are paid out. However, some guys were telling me that bookies pay out on 5th on the National is there any truth in it or does it depend who the bookie is????
I can swim a little but i can't fly an inch

the Deel Rover

Ye i got paid out on 5th place last year can't remember what bookie it was though illdecide
Crossmolina Deel Rovers
All Ireland Club Champions 2001

Homer

Some bookies definitely paid out on 5 places alright but not all. For instance Ladbrokes shops paid out on 5 places but they only paid out on 4 places on bets done online.

As regards where you stand now, I'm not too sure but there's no harm in checking if they did in fact pay the 5 places and if so you might as well chance your arm rewriting a new docket and telling them you lost the original.

Muzz

To cliam your winnings you do not have to have the docket.  You can go to the bookmaker and tell him what day you placed the bet.  They will probably ask you to rewrite it and if it matches will pay you.

Louth Exile

Quote from: illdecide on March 26, 2008, 05:04:04 PM
Lads i backed 5th place in the Irish National (25/1 so done it each way) i ripped up the docket as i was always under the impression that only first 4 places are paid out. However, some guys were telling me that bookies pay out on 5th on the National is there any truth in it or does it depend who the bookie is????

Which bookie was it?
St. Josephs GFC - SFC Champions 1996 & 2006, IFC Champions 1983, 1990 & 2016 www.thejoesgfc.com

illdecide

Quote from: Louth Exile on March 27, 2008, 11:48:35 AM

Which bookie was it?

"Frenche's Bookies in Lurgan. Just found out there that he will not be paying out on 5th place but other bookies in the town did. I thought he might have even returned the stake >:(
I can swim a little but i can't fly an inch

Louth Exile

Quote from: illdecide on March 27, 2008, 12:03:48 PM
Quote from: Louth Exile on March 27, 2008, 11:48:35 AM

Which bookie was it?

"Frenche's Bookies in Lurgan. Just found out there that he will not be paying out on 5th place but other bookies in the town did. I thought he might have even returned the stake >:(

With a handicap of 16 runners or more the normal with all bookies is to 1/4 the odds e/w on the first four. Paying 5 places is just something that some of the larger firms have brought is an incentive for big races like the nationals. There may be some firms paying first 6 on the english national!! so it is always worth a wee look at oddschecker.com before doing any bets in the big races to see what specials there are
St. Josephs GFC - SFC Champions 1996 & 2006, IFC Champions 1983, 1990 & 2016 www.thejoesgfc.com

bennydorano

Big tip round Armagh for Hunter Tower 2.35 at Thurles

Nimbus

Homer

I see Grangeclare Gold has just moved into 2/1 favourite in the bumper in Thurles due to a change of jockey, you'll never guess who's on board now  ;)

the Deel Rover

Quote from: Homer on March 27, 2008, 02:42:40 PM
I see Grangeclare Gold has just moved into 2/1 favourite in the bumper in Thurles due to a change of jockey, you'll never guess who's on board now  ;)

who homer who is it tmc
Crossmolina Deel Rovers
All Ireland Club Champions 2001