New GAA Reality TV show

Started by Kerry Mike, June 08, 2007, 09:53:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kerry Mike

Beginning next Thursday at 11.0 on TV3, the Hurling Bootcamp sees rugby legends Mick Galwey and Peter Clohessy, Olympic Gold medallist Michael Carruth, world champion rower Gearóid Towey, Football All Stars Charlie Redmond and Liam Hassett and Setanta presenter Paul Collins trying to master the art of hurling.

Former Cork All-Ireland-winning manager Donal O'Grady plays the Simon Cowell role in 'Chop Idol', with Wexford great Martin Storey and Cork's Ger Cunningham cast as hurling's answer to Sharon and Louis.

The knock-out competition is all for a good cause - €25,000 will be donated to a charity of the winner's choosing.

The participants will be challenged to develop key hurling skills, such as rising the ball, soloing, hand-passing, free-taking, and striking and tackling - apparently the participants don't mind that 'The Claw' has a clear advantage in the latter.
2011: McGrath Cup
AI Junior Club
Hurling Christy Ring Cup
Munster Senior Football

Billys Boots

QuotePaul Collins

Is that the Today FM gimp from Tipp?
My hands are stained with thistle milk ...

neutral

It really sounds like the biggest load of shite in years.

Pietas

Quote from: Billys Boots on June 08, 2007, 01:54:46 PM
QuotePaul Collins

That guy really gets on my wick
In Roman mythology, Pietas was the goddess of duty to one's state, gods and family.

The Real Laoislad

Quote from: Pietas on June 08, 2007, 03:48:44 PM
Quote from: Billys Boots on June 08, 2007, 01:54:46 PM
QuotePaul Collins

That guy really gets on my wick

I agree he's a pain the the hole.. Why can't he call Tipperary..."Tipperary" Instead he has too call it four different names in one sentence
First he'll say Tipperary then in the next breath he'll go the Blue and Gold then he calls it the premier then finishes off by calling it Tiobraid Arann plus he'll have a report from a U/12's match in Thurles that no one gives a f**k about
You'll Never Walk Alone.

prewtna

id have to say i have no problem with Paul collins.
i used to be in the PRO business for my club and this time last year he gave us a bit of airtime for a fundraising event we were doin. not bad for a little club in a little parish to get national exposure on the airwaves in the morning! lots of people noticed & event was a sucess. (obviously not solely because of PC but it raised the profile of the event)
thanks PC

ildanach

I agree he's a pain the the hole.. Why can't he call Tipperary..."Tipperary" Instead he has too call it four different names in one sentence
First he'll say Tipperary then in the next breath he'll go the Blue and Gold then he calls it the premier then finishes off by calling it Tiobraid Arann plus he'll have a report from a U/12's match in Thurles that no one gives a f**k about

[/quote]

ya, that really gets at me too. He can find time to interview, name the team, i'd say he'd  even tell us if babs got a ride. but any other team  don't get look in. I always listen to today fm in the morning but I find myself flicking over at sports time to try and here the sport on radio 1, especially on Thursdays & fridays to hear the teams for the weekend

Statistics are like a bikini. What they reveal is suggestive, but what they conceal is vital.

thebandit

Has anyone been watching this?

Anytime I have seen it not a lot has been going on.

Paul Collins should stick to talking about Hurling!

paddypastit

Complete rubbish.  A ten minute ad for Guiness - presume that they are paying for it.

Paul Collins - the lad who asked Paul Earley (sorry big ball - I know) about his cousin Dermot Earley playing with Kildare.  You'd expect anybody that expects to be taken seriously as a presenter to know better about his own 'experts'... although it has to be said that the bould Paul struggles to justify such a description.
come disagree with me on http://gushtystuppencehapenny.wordpress.com/ and spread the word