Man Utd Thread:

Started by full back, November 10, 2006, 08:13:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Milltown Row2

Quote from: Armagh18 on November 24, 2021, 07:31:50 AM
Chelsea 2012 anyone?

Chelsea in this form could go on and win a league and CL double, they seem currently at a different level
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

seafoid

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on November 23, 2021, 10:03:06 PM
Barca could get dumped out next game.
Barca are on a very shaky scraw
"f**k it, just score"- Donaghy   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IbxG2WwVRjU

stiffler

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on November 24, 2021, 08:40:50 AM
Chelsea 2012 anyone?

Chelsea in this form could go on and win a league and CL double, they seem currently at a different level

I fancy Utd to take something off Chelsea this weekend.
GAABoard Fantasy Cheltenham Competition- Most winners 2009

Milltown Row2

Quote from: stiffler on November 24, 2021, 09:08:56 AM
Quote from: Milltown Row2 on November 24, 2021, 08:40:50 AM
Chelsea 2012 anyone?

I fancy Utd to take something off Chelsea this weekend.

Utd will struggle to win 3 corners, there was some last ditch tackles and saves last night, had they scored earlier this thread would have had the usual suspects on, but I suspect there will be some calamity against a strong Chelsea team, with Slab head out I don't know if that's a good thing or not!
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Boycey

U are unique Milltown in trolling your own teams thread  ;D

johnnycool

Quote from: yellowcard on November 23, 2021, 08:34:31 PM
That was a massive result for Man Uniteds season. Knock out champions league where anything can happen and things could look a whole lot differently in February. Importantly it means they also avoid Thursday night Europa League football.

Would they have got the same result under Solakjaer? The way things had slid I'm not sure they would have which is a part indictment on the players too. I don't think anyone believes Carrick is the answer long term but if they get a decent result against Chelsea on Sunday he could well be in the managers chair for a bit longer yet.

This game had 0-0 written all over it till the VR keeper decided to give the ball to a lad being marked...

Lucky is all I'm saying.

OgraAnDun

Quote from: johnnycool on November 24, 2021, 01:08:58 PM
That was a massive result for Man Uniteds season. Knock out champions league where anything can happen and things could look a whole lot differently in February. Importantly it means they also avoid Thursday night Europa League football.

Would they have got the same result under Solakjaer? The way things had slid I'm not sure they would have which is a part indictment on the players too. I don't think anyone believes Carrick is the answer long term but if they get a decent result against Chelsea on Sunday he could well be in the managers chair for a bit longer yet.

This game had 0-0 written all over it till the VR keeper decided to give the ball to a lad being marked...

Lucky is all I'm saying.

Agree with this, DDG kept them in it and it would have been a different story had Utd not been gifted a flukey goal.

Cunny Funt

Quote from: OgraAnDun on November 24, 2021, 01:14:07 PM
Quote from: johnnycool on November 24, 2021, 01:08:58 PM

Would they have got the same result under Solakjaer? The way things had slid I’m not sure they would have which is a part indictment on the players too. I don’t think anyone believes Carrick is the answer long term but if they get a decent result against Chelsea on Sunday he could well be in the managers chair for a bit longer yet.

Lucky is all I'm saying.

Agree with this, DDG kept them in it and it would have been a different story had Utd not been gifted a flukey goal.

Degea made three saves last night, the last one at the start of the 2nd half i would regard as stop class. Uniteds first goal came from the pressure applied by Fred to force the error, that type of goal is a rare sight for United nowadays but the type of goals that Liverpool, City and Chelsea regularly score.

As for Sunday a big step up, anything but a comfortable home win for Chelsea will be a surprise. Former Barcelona manager Ernesto Valverde the latest linked but just for interim role before a full manager is found next season.

NAG1

Fearful of the Chelsea match at the weekend being honest, they are at the opposite end of the scale confidence and organisation wise. I will be happy to see a fighting performance regardless of the score (within reason) the reason for the Liverpool and City defeats being so hard to take was that lack of fight.

To be fair there were signs of it on Tuesday evening but this is a test on a different level to that.

quit yo jibbajabba

So. Rangnick. Discuss. Seems well respected by the twitterati i follow anyways

Milltown Row2

Quote from: quit yo jibbajabba on November 25, 2021, 03:55:45 PM

His CV is better than Ole's Carrick's and your man from Fermanagh.. Couldn't do any worse at this stage so why not, Has no work permit, it doesnt come into play until after the Chelsea game

bigarsedkeeper

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on November 25, 2021, 04:01:21 PM
Quote from: quit yo jibbajabba on November 25, 2021, 03:55:45 PM

His CV is better than Ole's Carrick's and your man from Fermanagh.. Couldn't do any worse at this stage so why not, Has no work permit, it doesnt come into play until after the Chelsea game

Klopp and Tuchel love him they say. I knew feck all about him a couple of weeks ago. The big thing is him staying for 2 years after the next appointment, hopefully he has a say in football matters.

rodney trotter

Lars Kornetka will be Ralf Rangnick's assistant at Manchester United

Cunny Funt

Carrick couldn't have asked for two better results in his time as manager than 2-0 win away Villarreal and today a 1-1 away to the league leaders.

For near 70 minutes it looked like United might nick the most unlikely win but undone by yet another individual error and unnecessary foul by Wan Bissaka. United did take the lead from a error themselves and both Fred, Rudiger should have scored late on.

Tuchels kryptonite seems to be United at home, four games two defeats and two draws now.

quit yo jibbajabba

Quote from: rodney trotter on November 25, 2021, 08:18:31 PM
Lars Kornetka will be Ralf Rangnick's assistant at Manchester United

"JUS WANNNN KORNETKAAAAA"

Ill get me coat