Man Utd Thread:

Started by full back, November 10, 2006, 08:13:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

CK_Redhand

So it's Young Boys vs the Swiss champions tonight?

Milltown Row2

Quote from: CK_Redhand on December 08, 2021, 07:48:08 PM
So it's Young Boys vs the Swiss champions tonight?

Mata and Matic will bring that age average up
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Cunny Funt

Played well first half probably deserved to be leading at the break but let down by a individual error. Faded 2nd half, understandably with such a patched up starting team and only kids on the bench. The experiment of Matic at centre back didn't work, three big errors he made that could have led to goals. Bailly, Greenwood was Uniteds best performers.

Helix.

9 players that have come through academy at some point playing tonight. Must be a record. Agreed seem to fade in 2nd half. Elanga missing good chance though Young Boys had more chances to nick it.

bigarsedkeeper

Good to see so many academy graduates on the pitch last night. Some older heads didn't show up. I'd be willing to give Donny another chance in Rangnicks system as one of the 2 10s but he's not an 8/6. Hard to show up when he's in a weakened team. Mata and Matic should be let go. Lingard's attitude was awful I thought, off to Newcastle with him. Liked the look of Mengi when he was on, made a couple of good tackles. AWB was poor, picked up an injury at the end too.

Boycey

Donny didnt play well cause the players around him weren't good enough but Jesse didn't cause of his attitude  :)

bigarsedkeeper

Quote from: Boycey on December 09, 2021, 04:12:06 PM
Donny didnt play well cause the players around him weren't good enough but Jesse didn't cause of his attitude  :)

I thought Donny tried hard but some things didn't work out for him. Lingard did neither and I think he's had a few chances at this stage. When it came out that he thought a couple of good months in West Ham meant he should get an improved contract, considering he was already overpaid, I was done with him. He's leaving anyway so he shouldn't of got a game anyway IMHO.

I'm not convinced Donny is the answer either by the way but he's played so little it's hard to know.

Nanderson

Quote from: bigarsedkeeper on December 09, 2021, 04:34:29 PM

I thought Donny tried hard but some things didn't work out for him. Lingard did neither and I think he's had a few chances at this stage. When it came out that he thought a couple of good months in West Ham meant he should get an improved contract, considering he was already overpaid, I was done with him. He's leaving anyway so he shouldn't of got a game anyway IMHO.

I'm not convinced Donny is the answer either by the way but he's played so little it's hard to know.
Think Donny gave the ball away in silly situations last night by trying to impress the manager. sometimes a simple pass is better than a wasteful extravagant one. bruno gets away with an awful lot of stray balls because 3/4 times out of 10 they come off for him and they usually lead to a goal chance

Muck Savage

Even though OSG got rid of a lot of deadwood there is still a fair amount left. Get rid of Lingard, Martial, DVB and Fred, they just dont fit anywhere. There are too many CB's in the squad, Phil Jones is still there. Go get a few players like Rice and a proven striker - would be great to get Haaland but not with that p***k of an agent. Sell Pogba in Jan as well, he's gone regardless in the summer. They are still a long ways from challenging however.

tiempo

Quote from: Muck Savage on December 09, 2021, 06:10:41 PM
Even though OSG got rid of a lot of deadwood there is still a fair amount left. Get rid of Lingard, Martial, DVB and Fred, they just dont fit anywhere. There are too many CB's in the squad, Phil Jones is still there. Go get a few players like Rice and a proven striker - would be great to get Haaland but not with that p***k of an agent. Sell Pogba in Jan as well, he's gone regardless in the summer. They are still a long ways from challenging however.

He won't go, he's waiting for the motherload in the summer, no transfer fee so whats he looking at, £40m signing on fee then £500K pw basic at PSG or Madrid, and him a pure f**king spoofer

bigarsedkeeper

Quote from: Nanderson on December 09, 2021, 05:30:02 PM
Quote from: bigarsedkeeper on December 09, 2021, 04:34:29 PM

Think Donny gave the ball away in silly situations last night by trying to impress the manager. sometimes a simple pass is better than a wasteful extravagant one. bruno gets away with an awful lot of stray balls because 3/4 times out of 10 they come off for him and they usually lead to a goal chance
You want your 10 trying to make chances so you can let Bruno away with it a bit more but he's not playing well at the minute so it looks worse. You would think Donny will get a chance to play in a more advanced role more often with Rangnick playing 2 10s as such in the 4-2-2-2 formation.

Cunny Funt

Another win and another clean sheet. Can thank Degea for the win, a less than convincing performance against the worst team in Premier league shows the big task ahead for Rangnick to get the best out of this inconsistent group of players.

Gmac

Quote from: Cunny Funt on December 11, 2021, 07:32:53 PM
Another win and another clean sheet. Can thank Degea for the win, a less than convincing performance against the worst team in Premier league shows the big task ahead for Rangnick to get the best out of this inconsistent group of players.
lindelof goes off clutching his chest hopefully nothing serious seems to be happening a lot

Cunny Funt

Quote from: Gmac on December 11, 2021, 07:34:05 PM
lindelof goes off clutching his chest hopefully nothing serious seems to be happening a lot
Cracked rib perhaps? Hopefully not a heart issue.

From the Bunker

Quote from: Cunny Funt on December 11, 2021, 07:47:18 PM
Quote from: Gmac on December 11, 2021, 07:34:05 PM
Cracked rib perhaps? Hopefully not a heart issue.

I'd say he's ok! Most of the Utd squad are unvaxxed!