Armagh Club football & hurling

Started by holylandsniper, November 09, 2006, 10:44:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

winsamsoon

Just going to be a strange year for results
I never forget a face but in your case I will make an exception.

brokencrossbar1

Quote from: armaghniac on May 09, 2011, 04:16:22 PM
QuoteCross and Maghery drew, 1-8 to 0-11.

What happened, did half of the Cross team forget to come to the rescheduled game!"

You find that Maghery have regulalry got points off us over the years ;)

winsamsoon

Clans beat st Paul's in the B championship last night. Any other results

Candyman

Harps Won easy enough, think Pearse Og were beaten by 5?

winsamsoon

who beat the og's (beaten finalists last year)

Groucho

I like to see the fairways more narrow, then everyone would have to play from the rough, not just me

lurganblue

Big result for Maghery there but in fairness they are usually handy enough in the b's. Is there another draw happening?

Candyman

Dromintee V Harps Wed 25th May in next Round

Goats Do Shave

"B" Simplyfruit.com Championship Draws

Wednesday 25th May @7.30pm

(First named Home Venue, ET if needed)

Round 1

Sarsfields        v          Annaghmore

Dromintee       v          Armagh Harps

Granemore      v          Tir na nOg

Eire Og            v          Madden

Carrickcruppen            v          Ballyhegan

Maghery          v          St.Peters

Ballymacnab   v          Silverbridge

Clan na Gael   v          Keady

U21 Simplyfruit.com Championship Draws

SENIOR

Dates TBA

Round 1

Killeavy           v          Dromintee

Clan na Gael   v          St.Pauls

St.Patricks       v          Pearse Og

St.Brigids        v          Armagh Harps

Granemore      v          Ballymacnab

Maghery          v          Mullaghbawn

Clann Eireann   v          Sarsfields

Crossmaglen    v          Carrickcruppen

INTERMEDIATE

Dates TBA

Preliminary Round

St.Peters          v          Keady

Madden           v          Wolfe Tone

Naomh Eoin    v          Ballyhegan

Round 1

St.Peters/Keady v      Silverbridge

Tir na nOg         v      Naomh Eoin/Ballyhegan

Corraghill Blues    v    Madden/Wolfe Tone

crossfire

Cross beat St Pats in Cullyhanna tonight, 0-12 to 0-7.

Any other results.?

illdecide

Quote from: crossfire on May 13, 2011, 09:16:40 PM
Cross beat St Pats in Cullyhanna tonight, 0-12 to 0-7.

Any other results.?

Wolfe Tones beat Newtown by about 5 pts, from what i heard at the Tones game there was only 3 games played in the county tonight
I can swim a little but i can't fly an inch

centrefield

Quote from: Candyman on May 13, 2011, 08:46:02 AM
Dromintee V Harps Wed 25th May in next Round

as far as i no we have pulled out of the reserve league so i persume this rules us out of the b championship?!

Candyman

Jaysus, ur jokin? What was the reason... Numbers?

fitzroyalty

Called into watch Eire Og v Dromintee IIs today, you's must be down huge numbers only saw about 17/18 stripped out, with the score ending 9-15 to 0-3. Looked like you had sent your minor team.

TacadoirArdMhacha

Crossmaglen Rangers 0-12 St Patrick's 0-7

A bumper crowd was in attendance at St Patrick's Park last Friday evening to witness the first clash between the sides since their epic 2010 championship battles. While each side lined out a substantially different team than on that occasion, the only Division 1 match to go ahead last weekend was always likely to be keenly contested. Cullyhanna were keen to make a positive start and they managed to do so with Pearse Casey getting the opening score of the match. A Shane McKeever free doubled the St Pat's advantage before a brace of Crossmaglen points drew the All Ireland champions level. Another Shane McKeever free edged his side back into the lead before Crossmaglen responded with two scores to gain the advantage. An excellent Crossmaglen free from near the sideline extended their lead to two points after 25 minutes before Eugene Casey contributed the final score of the half when he showed great strength to hold off a couple of Crossmaglen challenges before kicking a good point. This left the halftime score Crossmaglen 0-5 St Patrick's 0-4 which was a fair reflection of a very even half between two seemingly well matched teams although the Crossmaglen advantage would have been much greater had it not been for two excellent saves from Deaglan McArdle.

St Pat's were back on level terms within a minute of the second half when Genie McCooey made a stylish run through the Crossmaglen defence before managing an excellent point. In the early stages of the half Cullyhanna had the lion's share of possession but frustratingly, they struggled to make the crucial final pass to the inside forwards. After seven minutes Crossmaglen showed the greater incisiveness cutting through the Cullyhanna defence for a point. With 10 minutes gone in the half, a Eugene Casey free dropped short but substitute Robbie Tasker pounced onto the loose ball and marked his return with a point. Tasker was on the scoresheet two minutes later after a well delivered pass by Kyle McEvoy allowed him to kick a point. At that stage Cullyhanna were a point to the good and looked like they had every chance of securing the league points. However that was to be the final score of the match for St Pat's as their challenge petered out. Crossmaglen reacted to their deficit in great style, scoring three points in two minutes to regain a lead they were not to relinquish. The difference between the sides was evident in the final quarter as despite enjoying plenty of the ball, Cullyhanna could not break down a Crossmaglen defence and fell victim to a number of pacey counter-attacks. By the end Crossmaglen's total had extended to twelve points in all as they ran out winners on a scoreline of Crossmaglen Rangers 0-12 St Patrick's 0-7.

While this was a disappointing result and a far from vintage performance, the most pleasing aspect of the evening was the return to action of Tony Donnelly, Gary McCooey, Paudie McCreesh and Robbie Tasker as second half substitutes. As these players bed back into the side in the weeks to come, the side will hopefully get back to winning ways. Best on the night for St Pat's were Stephen Reel, Deaglan McArdle and Eugene Casey.

Starting XV: D McArdle; S O'Neill, S Reel, P McKeever; E McArdle, N McShane, C O'Neill; P Casey (0-1), E McArdle; R O'Neill, E Casey (0-1), G McCooey (0-1); K McEvoy, K Hoey, S McKeever (0-2). Subs Used: R Tasker (0-2), T Donnelly G McCooey, P McCreesh
As I dream about movies they won't make of me when I'm dead