Armagh Club football & hurling

Started by holylandsniper, November 09, 2006, 10:44:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

pearseog

Quote from: pearseog on December 15, 2009, 02:40:41 PM
Quote from: Bainisteoir on December 15, 2009, 02:11:08 PM
I don't know the politics of the county board but what were the main reasons for kevin Brady being replaced? Also what's this fella Duggan like? I think that new jersey looks ok.. In line with the new O'neills designs (cork etc). More importantly any word of the squad for the McKenna cup?

think when brady announced the county champions of 2009 as armagh harps said it all

oh i know!
his dislike for the ogs was clear! after the b final he came on and gave cormac moen the cup and walked off, hardly said a word!

Skiddybadoo

Quote from: thewanderer on December 15, 2009, 05:53:47 PM
THINK IF YOU CHECK THE ARMAGH WESITE HE DOES SAY THE HARPS WHEN PRESENTING CIARAN MC KINNEY THE CUP "FOOL"

THINK IF YOU CHECK THE SPELL...

Foolest.

Skiddybadoo

Quote from: pearseog on December 15, 2009, 08:58:33 PM
Quote from: pearseog on December 15, 2009, 02:40:41 PM
Quote from: Bainisteoir on December 15, 2009, 02:11:08 PM
I don't know the politics of the county board but what were the main reasons for kevin Brady being replaced? Also what's this fella Duggan like? I think that new jersey looks ok.. In line with the new O'neills designs (cork etc). More importantly any word of the squad for the McKenna cup?

think when brady announced the county champions of 2009 as armagh harps said it all

oh i know!
his dislike for the ogs was clear! after the b final he came on and gave cormac moen the cup and walked off, hardly said a word!

So he's not all bad.

ogshead

He has shown his dislike for the Ogs quite a lot over the years. Think he stood down this year because of the 5 year rule that exits now. The only thing I liked this year about him being chairman was that he had to hand trophys over to us. He couldn't even remember Mc Kinney's name to start with after we beat the Harps!!! As mentioned earlier about the B final as well, he just walked over with the cup and walked off!! A disgrace for any man in his position

DuffleKing

no way brady had done 5 years. more like 2

winsamsoon

2 at the very most duffle king . What is the five year rule???? It did seem a wee bit strange to me that Brady stepped down.
I never forget a face but in your case I will make an exception.

orange2009

He did not step down, but was beat in an election for the position by Paul Duggan

TacadoirArdMhacha

Quote from: winsamsoon on December 15, 2009, 11:04:50 PM
2 at the very most duffle king . What is the five year rule???? It did seem a wee bit strange to me that Brady stepped down.

Think you can't hold the same post for more than 5 years.
As I dream about movies they won't make of me when I'm dead

winsamsoon

Wasn't at the meeting but on sunday the 4th of december he knew he wasn't going to be the incoming chairman from the vibes i was getting of him. So something must have went on behind the scenes before a vote was taken.

thewanderer

what went on behind the scenes was that someone put their name forward to contest the position. his credibility has been in taters and almost anyone willing to put their name forward would have won the vote that includes you skiddy

winsamsoon

Fair enough wanderer i wasn't at it. But he did know his fate early doors.

thewanderer

win i take it he will now get reinvolved with your club especially with the major development plans on the horizon.

winsamsoon

Well to be honest wanderer Kevin was always involved with the club and as far back as i can remember he was always on the committee in some form even when he was county chairman. He has been treasurer, chairman and every other role. so it will be a case of carrying on where he left off. The next few years are going to be big years for my club we are undertaking a huge devlopment project with Davitt (long overdue) it will take a lot of time, money patience and effort but the plans look super and it should be well worth it. The first phase is happeneing this year so Davitt will be permanently closed until further notice.

armaghniac

from de Indo

The fallout over Peter McDonnell's departure as Armagh manager has resonated right into the heart of the County Board with chairman Kevin Brady losing his position.

Brady, chairman for the last three years, was deposed at the county's convention by Paul Duggan, an Armagh city primary school principal. McDonnell left the position in July after two years in a blaze of controversy, issuing a statement that was vague as to why he was quitting.

Armagh county secretary Patrick Og Nugent, having admitted that the treatment meted out to McDonnell was "utterly despicable," has now urged all units in the county to get behind new boss Paddy O'Rourke's management team.

"Let's put the negativity of 2009 behind us and get back to what we all strive for -- success for Armagh," declared Nugent.

A Carrickcruppin motion calling for clubs and county to be restricted to choosing managers from within was ruled out of order.

Carrickcruppin had sought to have the motion tabled as pressure grows to regulate the alleged payments to managers, something that GAA president Christy Cooney has been pushing as an agenda in recent days.

Armagh called on an outside manager to replace McDonnell with former Down All-Ireland winning captain and manager O'Rourke taking charge.

Meanwhile, former player Diarmuid Marsden has backed O'Rourke to make an impact with Armagh. Marsden said it didn't matter what county of origin the current manager had.

"It's new for the players that have been there used to Peter McDonnell, Joe Kernan and Brian McAlinden in the past years but the manager is the manager, he makes the calls and the players have to respond to that" said Marsden, a full-time regional development officer with Ulster Council.

"At the end of the day, it doesn't matter who's manager. You have to go out, do what you're told and play your role. Whether he's from Down or Armagh, he'll be there to do a job for himself so hopefully it will all come through."
If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

pintsofguinness

A Carrickcruppin motion calling for clubs and county to be restricted to choosing managers from within was ruled out of order.

Would be very hypocritical to pass that when the county have an outside manager!
Which one of you bitches wants to dance?