8.Ciaran McKeever (Cullyhanna)
9.Kieran Toner (Granemore)
10.Eugen Casey (Cullyhanna)
11.John Mac Entee (Cross)
12.Joe Quigley (Harps)
13.Brendan McCann (Middletown)
14.Ronan Clarke (Ogs)
15.Oisin McConville (Cross)

Seems a strange enough team but then its hard to know what they're looking for. Personally I think they should have just picked players who aren't on the county panel. Not sure if league and championship performances were supposed to be taken into account.

Tony McEntee is probably unfortunate enough. From my own club, as far as I was concerned, Mal mackin was definetely our best player this year so I'd have expected to see him on the team.
As I dream about movies they won't make of me when I'm dead

corn02

Quote from: TacadoirArdMhacha on December 10, 2008, 11:56:39 PM
Quote1.Hearty (Cross)
2.Aidan McArdle (Middletown)
3.Michael Toner (Pearse Og)
4.Kevin Morris (Harps)
5.Aaron Kernan (Cross)
6.JD (Cross)
7.Paul Kernan (Cross)
12.Joe Quigley (Harps)
14.Ronan Clarke (Ogs)

Seems a strange enough team but then its hard to know what they're looking for. Personally I think they should have just picked players who aren't on the county panel. Not sure if league and championship performances were supposed to be taken into account.

Tony McEntee is probably unfortunate enough. From my own club, as far as I was concerned, Mal mackin was definetely our best player this year so I'd have expected to see him on the team.

Agree and disagree. I did not see much, so I don't know about the team, but it does seem to have a fair mix. I don't think  the county players should be excluded because it would defeat the purpose for me.However, some of the county picks seemed to go solely on their county season, which also defeats the purpose.

At least it gives us something to debate at this quiet time. Didn't see Dromintee v Cross but I heard that Vincey Martin destroyed Cross, so if Toner is in for one big show, Vince can feel hard done by too.

The GAA

If league performances count then nudie huges from keady should be there.

the fact that thee are picked by "writes joe mcmanus" makes them a satire and more of a stain on your cv than an accolade!

hound of ulster

Hello lads , just joined up, I'm just testing how things work. sorry for interrupting your thread

corn02

Quote from: hound of ulster on December 11, 2008, 11:20:21 AM
Hello lads , just joined up, I'm just testing how things work. sorry for interrupting your thread

You alright Hound, we won't be too wuff on ya!

AFS

Quote from: corn02 on December 11, 2008, 10:04:40 AM
Quote1.Hearty (Cross)
4.Kevin Morris (Harps)
5.Aaron Kernan (Cross)
6.JD (Cross)
7.Paul Kernan (Cross)
12.Joe Quigley (Harps)
14.Ronan Clarke (Ogs)

Agree and disagree. I did not see much, so I don't know about the team, but it does seem to have a fair mix. I don't think  the county players should be excluded because it would defeat the purpose for me.However, some of the county picks seemed to go solely on their county season, which also defeats the purpose.

At least it gives us something to debate at this quiet time. Didn't see Dromintee v Cross but I heard that Vincey Martin destroyed Cross, so if Toner is in for one big show, Vince can feel hard done by too.

He did alright in that game, but thats a massive exaggeration.

corn02

Quote from: AFS on December 11, 2008, 03:19:26 PM
Quote1.Hearty (Cross)
4.Kevin Morris (Harps)
5.Aaron Kernan (Cross)
6.JD (Cross)
7.Paul Kernan (Cross)
12.Joe Quigley (Harps)
14.Ronan Clarke (Ogs)

Numerous non-Dromintee people told me he destroyed them.

brokencrossbar1

Quote from: AFS on December 11, 2008, 03:19:26 PM
Quote1.Hearty (Cross)
4.Kevin Morris (Harps)
5.Aaron Kernan (Cross)
6.JD (Cross)
7.Paul Kernan (Cross)
12.Joe Quigley (Harps)
14.Ronan Clarke (Ogs)

corn, to suggest that someone "destroyed" us would suggest that we were beaten.  He may have played well, and "destroyed" the man he was being marked by, but to say he "destroyed" the team is a tad over the top.  BTW, is he fit and ready for the Ulster replay on Sunday? :P

corn02

Boom boom. A player can destroy his man perhaps and run riot, but if 10 or 11 others don't it is possible that they can come out on the wrong side. Meehan against Kerry being a perfect example. It was a non-point anyway, just going on what a few people told me, they said he had a field day. Toner had a field day against Ogs and got on , and also came out on the wrong side may I hasten toadd, and was included.

bennydorano

The fact that Vincey only got the one game probably did him no favours in this case, he had a horse of a game against Cross that day.

corn02

Horse of a game might be better description than destroyed them then.  :)

brokencrossbar1

That's better corn, now you know your place in the grand scheme of things :P

corn02

Not really much difference between the two, but keeps yous quiet.

Joxer

Am taking it BC you will be up for the game on Sunday then?

Tough one to call,  Will be interesting to see if Ballinderry played that bad the first day and got out of jail, or Cross let it slip.  My feelings are that if it's the latter, they will finish the job properly on Sunday!

Looking forward to it!

brokencrossbar1

I can't make it.  I was away for the weekend last weekend, and this weekend we have friends coming on Sunday.  A beer and shoes thrown at the TV will be the plan. 

It will be tight with only a score in it.  A lot will depend on how Cross approach the game.  The build up from both games is understated and it is hard to read.

It makes no odds in the long run as Kilmacud have the All Ireland wrapped up anyway ;)