Armagh Club football & hurling

Started by holylandsniper, November 09, 2006, 10:44:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

corn02

On paper Killeavy are a long way off a number of clubs in Armagh but they have a serious momentum going at the moment. Since a heavy defeat to Cullyhanna they have barely lost a game. Some very tidy players and they will certainly make a game of it. Ogs by three.

Cross should come throug h the other semi but perhaps by a very small margin. Harps showed great fighting spirit, mentally and physically, against Mullaghbawn. Swift was excellent that day and if he and Vernon can continue that and Vernon gets a run at the Cross defence it will be interesting. Where Vernon plays will have a big bearing. Donaldson is liable to get pover-run by him if he gets going. Droping one of the Macs back on him might be the best option for Cross.

illdecide

Quote from: corn02 on September 23, 2008, 04:50:01 PM
On paper Killeavy are a long way off a number of clubs in Armagh but they have a serious momentum going at the moment. Since a heavy defeat to Cullyhanna they have barely lost a game. Some very tidy players and they will certainly make a game of it. Ogs by three.

Cross should come throug h the other semi but perhaps by a very small margin. Harps showed great fighting spirit, mentally and physically, against Mullaghbawn. Swift was excellent that day and if he and Vernon can continue that and Vernon gets a run at the Cross defence it will be interesting. Where Vernon plays will have a big bearing. Donaldson is liable to get pover-run by him if he gets going. Droping one of the Macs back on him might be the best option for Cross.

I think Cross will win handy enough (although i hope not for club footballs sake) from what i seen 2 weeks ago no-one in Armagh will stop them. Although maybe we made them look like superstars but i feel if they play like that again who will beat them. Seriously...

I think the Ogs will just shade this one by 2-3pts. Killeavey are a good side but bar midfield the Ogs have quality in most positions. Will andy be back as he would do some marking job on McDonnell and McDonnell wouldn't like Mallon on him (who would)
I can swim a little but i can't fly an inch

Candyman

With Vernon, Holmes and Paul Hagan to come back in you never know with the Harps!!  ;)

illdecide

Quote from: Candyman on September 23, 2008, 05:22:31 PM
With Vernon, Holmes and Paul Hagan to come back in you never know with the Harps!!  ;)

Lets hope so as Cross need to be put to the sword soon. Armagh club football is a joke now with Cross dominating they way they have been doing. (I know it's not Cross's fault they have an exceptional bunch of footballers all in the one era)

illdecide

Armagh SFC Semi Finals (click here to open|close this coupon)
  Match     Home Draw Away   
05 Oct 14:00 Pearse Ogs vs Killeavy     8/11   7/1   11/8   
05 Oct 15:45 Crossmaglen Rangers vs Armagh Harps     1/12   14/1   6/1   

diesel-smuggler

heard today from a prominent crossmaglen man that big joe has taken aaron and stephen along as players on the ulster panel. i know aaron has established himself into one of the best players in armagh in recent years. stephen struggled to make his club team last year was in and out of the armagh team this year and now all of a sudden he is with ulster for the railway cup. i certainly think it is a bit harsh on the alot better players in the province! maybe with club championships still in action throughout the province he has been called in to make up numbers in training! i really dont know!

brokencrossbar1

I think we will find it hard at the weekend.  Harps will be bouyed by there gritty win against Mullaghbawn.  If you add into that the goodwill that Holmesy will bring with him from Tyrones win, they will be confident.  Cross are hardly an unknown so they will have to be at their best to win.  I expect them to win but Harps will be somewhat of an unknown and being complete underdogs they will have to be minded.

I think the Ogs will win with a bit to spare.  I think this is the year their name is on the cup and they would have to be favourites to win against Killeavey with some to spare.  Killeavey may be on a good run but Ogs are a serious team.  All over the field they will have too much class and if they an shackle McDonnell it will be a confortable win.  My only fear for them is that they might find being such strong favourites a hard mantle to carry but I think they are mentally strong enough to deal with that.

pintsofguinness

Ogs by 4
Cross by 10 - sorry rufus and co.
Which one of you bitches wants to dance?

ogshead

Quote from: illdecide on September 23, 2008, 05:15:05 PM
Quote from: corn02 on September 23, 2008, 04:50:01 PM

I think Cross will win handy enough (although i hope not for club footballs sake) from what i seen 2 weeks ago no-one in Armagh will stop them. Although maybe we made them look like superstars but i feel if they play like that again who will beat them. Seriously...

I think the Ogs will just shade this one by 2-3pts. Killeavey are a good side but bar midfield the Ogs have quality in most positions. Will andy be back as he would do some marking job on McDonnell and McDonnell wouldn't like Mallon on him (who would)

Would love to see Andy back as he is a big asset to the team and think that he is the best man to mark Mc Donnell... however the Ogs have got good quality backs all over, it's never been a problem for us over the years. I have heard that he will be available but not certain. I think it's going to be a tight one and that we'll win by a couple of points. Killeavy will be no pushovers, just because we have a few county men doesn't guarantee a win as we have found out to our cost against Carrickcruppin in '05 and Mullabawn the following year. it'll also be great to see some football back at the Athletic Grounds... anyone going to watch Cross and Ulster there tomorrow night?

Orior

Cover me in chocolate and feed me to the lesbians

fcuksake

heard Cross travelled to Carolw to play Eire Og and gave them a right hammering at the w/end. not 100% with the scoreline but i think it was 4-17 to 0-11.

what chance have the rest of us ??? ??? ???
I don't know the key to success, but the key to failure is trying to please everybody.

Onion Bag

What time is Cross v Ulster game @ tonight? is it def in the Athletic Grounds?
Hats, Flags and Head Bands!

Goats Do Shave

Quote from: Onion Bag on September 24, 2008, 08:41:02 AM

Somebody is bound to know... Maybe if you put the question outside this thread you will get an answer?

SouthArmaghBandit

Quote from: illdecide on September 23, 2008, 05:35:45 PM
Armagh SFC Semi Finals (click here to open|close this coupon)
  Match     Home Draw Away   
05 Oct 14:00 Pearse Ogs vs Killeavy     8/11   7/1   11/8   
05 Oct 15:45 Crossmaglen Rangers vs Armagh Harps     1/12   14/1   6/1   

Which bookie is offering those prices I'll decide? I would seriously consider a few quid on Killeavy. Always go with form and they are the form team.

Onion Bag

Quote from: Goats Do Shave on September 24, 2008, 08:44:20 AM
Quote from: Onion Bag on September 24, 2008, 08:41:02 AM

Somebody is bound to know... Maybe if you put the question outside this thread you will get an answer?

Some of the Cross Lads are bound to know
Hats, Flags and Head Bands!