Armagh Club football & hurling

Started by holylandsniper, November 09, 2006, 10:44:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Onion Bag

Ok then, we should write a petition to have the County Final played in clan eirenns ground
Hats, Flags and Head Bands!

lurgan-gael

Quote from: Onion Bag on September 04, 2008, 04:23:30 PM
Ok then, we should write a petition to have the County Final played in clan eirenns ground

ok, "RELAX"

I'm talking prelim. rd/ 1/4s

illdecide

Clann Eireann would be ideal if it was 2 Lurgan teams playing in the championship but i cannot see that happening any time soon.
I can swim a little but i can't fly an inch

sean og

you have to realise that players and officials have to
walk through the crowd so this could rule out newtown
and clann eireann possibley

illdecide

Quote from: brokencrossbar1 on September 04, 2008, 03:34:51 PM
David and Skinny are out.  Stephen I don't know.  I actually think given the history between the 2 teams the Clans are the main threat to Cross now that Dromintee are out.  It will have to end sometime and this could be it.

I was impressed with skinny McKeown and if he's out he will be a big loss but McKenna in the middle of the field can be replaced easy with Tony or John Mac or the midfield pairing against Dromintee (can't remember who it was).

I seen the Og's last week and i was impressed with them, every time they went forward they looked like scoring so i would say they have a very good chance along the way. However, how good are Porty (i know they beat us last year before you all jump in), it was hard to judge was the Ogs really good or was Porty pure manure (maybe a bit of both).

Does anyone know who the Clann Eireann lad was that was sent off against Newtown???

bennydorano

It was the Number 9, dont know his name.

IVEDECIDED

It was Mickey Shanks - hel be a big miss to them for their next match. I was also at the Ogs game and I agree the Ogs looked sharp but id put alot more emphasis on how bad Portadown were. They couldnt hold onto the ball and had no penetration or scoring threat. The Ogs will be hard to beat of course but id forget about their last game, and their next one too in all liklihood.

The GAA

Quote from: illdecide on September 05, 2008, 11:24:23 AM
I was impressed with skinny McKeown and if he's out he will be a big loss but McKenna in the middle of the field can be replaced easy with Tony or John Mac or the midfield pairing against Dromintee (can't remember who it was).

one area i would disagree with this sentiment about cross is at midfield. dromintee have cleaned cross out at midield 2 years in a row now and that is very uncross like. hanratty looked a few levels below senior championship last weekend and tony mcentee was not in the game at all. If McKenna gets back he can bolster the area but they may have to bring john mcentee in there.

bennydorano

Cross have been very ordinary in the MF sector for a few years now, but ultimately, it still hasn't really hurt them (I doubt you could put the St Vincents game down to MF obliteration?).  As I've said on a few ocassions if the Ogs had a good MF they could beat them as they a pretty strong everywhere else.  Clans MF should be every bit as good as Cross's but I doubt that it will make a big pile of difference.

winsamsoon

Benny one shall see. If the clans can secure enough possession around the middle and penetrate the cross then they will take the cross to the wire. The problem they had in the county final a few years back was that they had a good bit of possession but no penetration. Any team that can cut through the Cross and not get bogged down in the hard hitting slog of a game are in with a fighting chance. The Cross are capable of absorbing pressure and then hitting teams in a 20 min blizt. St Vincents is a good example. Cross tried to sit back and absorb the pressure but it back fired because St Vincent' were able to cut through them and get the scores on the board.

I would like to see the Clans going four or five points up to see how the Cross would react to that. They haven't really been in the scenario very often in Armagh football. But all in all in makes for either and really close game or a five or six point win like the county final 06.
I never forget a face but in your case I will make an exception.

Real1995

2007    Crossmaglen Rangers 0-12    Pearse Óg 0-6
2006    Crossmaglen Rangers 1-14    Clan na nGael 0-8
2005    Crossmaglen Rangers 0-12    Dromintee / Droim an Tí 0-9
2004    Crossmaglen Rangers 1-9    An Mullach Bán 0-6
2003    Crossmaglen Rangers 0-13    Dromintee / Droim an Tí 0-11
2002    Crossmaglen Rangers 2-10    Dromintee / Droim an Tí 1-8
2001    Crossmaglen Rangers 2-8    Dromintee / Droim an Tí 1-7
2000    Crossmaglen Rangers 0-14    Pearse Óg 1-6
1999    Crossmaglen Rangers 1-11    Pearse Óg 0-6
1998    Crossmaglen Rangers 2-16    Madden 0-9
1997    Crossmaglen Rangers 0-7    An Mullach Bán 0-6
1996    Crossmaglen Rangers 3-12    Clan na nGael 1-4
1995    Mullabawn 0-11    Armagh Harps 1-5
1994    Clan na nGael 2-5    An Mullach Bán 0-6
1993    Clan na nGael 2-15    Maghery Sean McDermotts 1-6
1992    Pearse Og 0-13    Sarsfields 0-3
1991    Armagh Harps 0-11    Maghery Sean McDermotts 1-7
1990    Sarsfields 0-9    Armagh Harps 0-6

Just gazing through all the senior finals from the start of the nineties there, and i was just thinking that there are very few players currently playing club football in Armagh who have senior championship medals outside of Cross....

From Mullaghbawn point of view the only player on our squad is Rory mcDonnell, and Rory broke his leg this year so that unfortunately is prob end of Rory..

So who have we???? ???, Bumpy and Marsdens from clans....any others lads?? ???
Nice guys always finish second!

corn02

Interesting, since they have went on the run only one side, Mullaghbawn, have got within a point of Cross and only one team, Dromintee, have got withing two.

brokencrossbar1

Are any of the other O'Hagan's still playing? McGaugherty? Was Oldham on the panel that won?

Candyman

Quote from: Real1995 on September 05, 2008, 02:28:26 PM
2007    Crossmaglen Rangers 0-12    Pearse Óg 0-6
2006    Crossmaglen Rangers 1-14    Clan na nGael 0-8
2005    Crossmaglen Rangers 0-12    Dromintee / Droim an Tí 0-9
2004    Crossmaglen Rangers 1-9    An Mullach Bán 0-6
2003    Crossmaglen Rangers 0-13    Dromintee / Droim an Tí 0-11
2002    Crossmaglen Rangers 2-10    Dromintee / Droim an Tí 1-8
2001    Crossmaglen Rangers 2-8    Dromintee / Droim an Tí 1-7
2000    Crossmaglen Rangers 0-14    Pearse Óg 1-6
1999    Crossmaglen Rangers 1-11    Pearse Óg 0-6
1998    Crossmaglen Rangers 2-16    Madden 0-9
1997    Crossmaglen Rangers 0-7    An Mullach Bán 0-6
1996    Crossmaglen Rangers 3-12    Clan na nGael 1-4
1995    Mullabawn 0-11    Armagh Harps 1-5
1994    Clan na nGael 2-5    An Mullach Bán 0-6
1993    Clan na nGael 2-15    Maghery Sean McDermotts 1-6
1992    Pearse Og 0-13    Sarsfields 0-3
1991    Armagh Harps 0-11    Maghery Sean McDermotts 1-7
1990    Sarsfields 0-9    Armagh Harps 0-6

Just gazing through all the senior finals from the start of the nineties there, and i was just thinking that there are very few players currently playing club football in Armagh who have senior championship medals outside of Cross....
From Mullaghbawn point of view the only player on our squad is Rory mcDonnell, and Rory broke his leg this year so that unfortunately is prob end of Rory..

So who have we???? ???, Bumpy and Marsdens from clans....any others lads?? ???

Harpo McKenna for the Harps..... sure he's nearly 40 and been playing for years!!!!!  ;)

illdecide

Quote from: brokencrossbar1 on September 05, 2008, 02:38:17 PM
Are any of the other O'Hagan's still playing? McGaugherty? Was Oldham on the panel that won?

Paul O Hagan was a sub and Gareth McCaugherty def has the 2 medals. P Oldham might well have been a sub that last day (not sure)