Armagh Club football & hurling

Started by holylandsniper, November 09, 2006, 10:44:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SCENTOFSAM

Quote from: Yes I Would on June 03, 2008, 01:37:02 PM
He must be kicking the arse of 30 at this stage.
Rudolf Hatzer fled Germanyy and opted for refuge in the Culloville hills after the Nazis took over in 1933.
Not sure if he played much ball tho!
he wouldn't be related to the Hatzers from Oberamagau by any chance

bennydorano

Is there not 2 or 3 brothers there?  Would people be running a couple of family histories into one?

Yes I Would

Couple of brothers as right. All descendants of the late great Rudolf!! Not sure of any Oberamagau connection!

winsamsoon

The lad to me stands out at club level even at this moment. My point is why isn't he being given the chance this year to get onto the county panel??? There are worse guys on the panel than Hatzer and that is for sure. This gain brings me back to the selection process and this kind of thing exposes it as a farce.

Some guys are saying he may not be good enough but if he gets a proper chance (not some Mckenna cup games ) then one could say he got his chance.
I never forget a face but in your case I will make an exception.

Uladh

Hatzer is a good club footballer but he's not good enough for county level

Yes I Would

maybe not but id agree with Winsam that he is a better footballer than some of the ones who will be warming the bench all summer!
His age maybe a factor altho it shouldnt be, or maybe Peter Mc  just hasnt been impressed in any games he has seen him in, who knows!!

corn02

So what players would he be better than then?

Uladh

Quote from: Yes I Would on June 03, 2008, 03:59:09 PM
maybe not but id agree with Winsam that he is a better footballer than some of the ones who will be warming the bench all summer!

i can't think of any. he does well against club corner backs

illdecide

I'm sure Cross are quaking in their boots at the thought of the mighty Clans visiting on sunday where Mr Hearty has the honour of "The peacemaker"
I can swim a little but i can't fly an inch

nutsy--1

I'm hearing Cullyhana match is on friday night against the Harps.

mousey

Quote from: illdecide on June 03, 2008, 04:48:10 PM
I'm sure Cross are quaking in their boots at the thought of the mighty Clans visiting on sunday where Mr Hearty has the honour of "The peacemaker"
that horrible little hitler he is a desperate referee..pity he wudn f**k aff back til managin beleek cuz we all had peace when he wuz there

ps where has diesel-smuggler gone to ????????? :o :o

qub la la la

Quote from: mousey on June 03, 2008, 09:46:36 PM
Quote from: illdecide on June 03, 2008, 04:48:10 PM
that horrible little hitler he is a desperate referee..pity he wudn f**k aff back til managin beleek cuz we all had peace when he wuz there

ps where has diesel-smuggler gone to ????????? :o :o

i believe ds broke a rule of the gaa board and therefore felt the wrath of the administrators and is currently serving his penance.

u21 final is fixed for sat 5th july, abbey park, 6 pm.

bennydorano

Mid Board B Semi's tonight

Harps v Granemore in Clady at 7.30pm
Ogs v Ballyhegan (think I heard it was in the Grange- not sure)

Cuchulainns Ard Mhacha

Saturday 5th July

Carrickcruppen v Madden

U21 Championship Final
Abbey Park
2:00pm Throw-in
Hurling, because there's nothing else

ardasell

Maybe still stirring an empty pot, but I keep hearing that all the O'Rourkes have walked out of Dromintee (not sure if that includes Malachy btw) over Loughran-gate.

Any truth in the rumour