Armagh Club football & hurling

Started by holylandsniper, November 09, 2006, 10:44:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

qub la la la

Quote from: pintsofguinness on May 08, 2008, 09:14:04 PM
I think Quigley is one of the better referees in armagh.

you must be having a laugh. any time you see his name beside your fixture its "that bollix qiugley is refereeing, yous all know what he's like" etc etc.

i do think paudi hughes and jimmy mckee arent bad. but paudi once gave a free against me before telling the other player not to be diving?? when i asked how could i have fouled the player when he dived i was booked. couldnt understand it but thats the way things are i suppose.

Armagh Exile

QuoteI think Quigley is one of the better referees in armagh.
;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

pintsofguinness

I think Hughes, McKee, Robinson and Quigley are about the best, in fact, they're the only decent ones.
Which one of you bitches wants to dance?

qub la la la

Quote from: hardstation on May 08, 2008, 09:50:38 PM
Quote from: qub la la la on May 08, 2008, 09:46:09 PM
but paudi once gave a free against me before telling the other player not to be diving?? when i asked how could i have fouled the player when he dived i was booked. couldnt understand it but thats the way things are i suppose.
Simple. You tackled him, he dived, you kicked up the balls and said "Get up you diving cnut."
Outcome: Free in for the kick in the balls and a warning to the other boy for diving.

wasnt quite as bad as tha hardstation!

at the end of the day everyone and every club will have gripes with certain referees at one stage or another. but quigley has a bad rapport with nearly every club. and he doesnt get a bad reputation for doing a good job..

brokencrossbar1

Fair enough pints ::)  Anyway outside of Quigley I would agree with you in regards the other refs.  Sure enough Jimmy McKee can be a little hitler sometimes but he knows the rules as does Paudie.  Rory has always been fair, so long as his glasses didn't fog up!

I have to say i think Gorman is fair enough too.  As for the rest they are much of a muchness, expect for Oliver Hearty, he is the Special One ;D 

pintsofguinness

Ah Ollie Hearty, yon's a cheating **** if ever there was a cheating ****.

Yes I Would

Ollie used to be fond of being centre of attention when he first came onto the scene, havent seen much of him lately,think he maybe took up  role on County Board which maybe means less games.
Mc Kee is prob the pick in the county at the moment. The majority are a bunch of decent guys who give up their time and try and do a decent job for very little thanks, and then there is Quigley!!!
As a bridge man Pints surely you cant have seen this man in action too many times?? Sure he shouldnt be reffing yous in competitive games. He really is a vindictive git!!

pintsofguinness

QuoteAs a bridge man Pints surely you cant have seen this man in action too many times?? Sure he shouldnt be reffing yous in competitive games. He really is a vindictive git!!

I've seen him plenty of times and he's among the best.

Yes I Would

Try watching him with your yellow and blue glasses off sometime and you mite see what everyone else does, or better still play in a game he is refereeing!!

pintsofguinness

Quote from: Yes I Would on May 08, 2008, 11:55:08 PM
Try watching him with your yellow and blue glasses off sometime and you mite see what everyone else does, or better still play in a game he is refereeing!!

I don't have any blue and yellow glasses on, I'm not saying he's perfect but he's among the top 4 or 5 in the county.   

AFS

So I hear 'Cruppen won 5-16 to 1-4 last night in the U21 Championship. After their second successive massive triumph they must be odds on to win the championship. Good times to follow in the next few years for 'Cruppen methinks.

altovito

Quote from: pintsofguinness on May 08, 2008, 10:10:09 PM
Ah Ollie Hearty, yon's a cheating **** if ever there was a cheating ****.

change o hearty 4 r quigley n u r correct.imagine sum1 frm quigleys club havin the cheek 2 cal a ref a cheatin **** ::)

I've seen him plenty of times and he's among the best.
[/quote]

fuckin hell,what a lie.he isnt n the top 20

corn02

Quote from: AFS on May 09, 2008, 02:57:05 AM
Good times to follow in the next few years for 'Cruppen methinks.

I doubt it, a good U21 run guarantees nothing.

illdecide

Pints it does no harm now and again to act like a teenager ;) On the ref issue, everyone on the board can't be wrong about Quigley. you're the only one backing up. P Hughes is a good ref and i don't mind him doing our games, he's a bit picky at times and can give soft frees but he does it for both sides and I've never had a problem with him. R robinson and B Gorman are fair enough refs as well as M Leonard who again like Hughes gives very soft free's but for both.

Thats all teams ask for as long as you do it fair and equal we would even let you do it Pints ;) ;)
I can swim a little but i can't fly an inch

bennydorano

Quigley is no worse than the rest of them, he has never actually come under my radar at all.  Big Sam would be the baine of our lives and maybe Hearty.