Armagh Club football & hurling

Started by holylandsniper, November 09, 2006, 10:44:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

full back

No offence to POG, but the'Bridge is one of the worst venues in the county for a big game.

topgun

nothing to do with the thread, thought i would take the opportunity to let us no that if anyones interested poker classic (texas) in the Harps club Armagh on friday night, 8 30pm start, £20 in, proceeds in aid of mencap, member of the harps running the New York marathon in november, all support greatly welcomed, see www.justgiving.com/paulhagan if anyone would like to contribute.

Thanks Topgun
a prophet is not recognised by his own

charlie stubbs

was at the game in davitt park saturday was a poor game all in all but got exciting when big lavery took things by the scruff of the neck near the end of the game.though paul and stefan forker where terrible,very well marshalled by the ogs full back line.the goal was dubious to say the least and gave maghery hope when the game looked dead and buried.

thought greg loughran had an immense game and hope he makes a big push for the senior panel this year.thought shorty clarke also had a good game for the ogs and hughes was good but seemed to run out of legs.

of what i have seen of stefan forker he is overhyped.missed a 14 yard free in the first half,never looked like scoring from play and missed a pressure kick to get maghery an undeserved draw(though was difficult free).hope he is knowhere near starting this year.

cross got their expected win,how people thought cruppen would get anywhere near them is beyond me.they probably wont even get out of the second division.if clarke was flying fit i could see an upset but he is not so cant see anything but another cross title

full back

Didnt read it myself, but did anyone read Oisin's column in the Sunday Life yesterday?
Did he really say it was hard to motivate the team to play a 2nd division team in the Championship?
:D

illdecide

Quote from: charlie stubbs on September 10, 2007, 11:53:39 AM
was at the game in davitt park saturday was a poor game all in all but got exciting when big lavery took things by the scruff of the neck near the end of the game.though paul and stefan forker where terrible,very well marshalled by the ogs full back line.the goal was dubious to say the least and gave maghery hope when the game looked dead and buried.

thought greg loughran had an immense game and hope he makes a big push for the senior panel this year.thought shorty clarke also had a good game for the ogs and hughes was good but seemed to run out of legs.

of what i have seen of stefan forker he is overhyped.missed a 14 yard free in the first half,never looked like scoring from play and missed a pressure kick to get maghery an undeserved draw(though was difficult free).hope he is knowhere near starting this year.

cross got their expected win,how people thought cruppen would get anywhere near them is beyond me.they probably wont even get out of the second division.if clarke was flying fit i could see an upset but he is not so cant see anything but another cross title

Stefan told the ref that he would miss that 14 yard free. Thats what the 2 Umpires came out with up at the top goals and i was standing beside them, and i'm sure Winsam can confirm this. So WTF is that all about?????
I can swim a little but i can't fly an inch

umgolaarmagh

Yes a clonmore man doing umpire at a neighbours game hardly neutral, hes also the came cnut who got mckinney sent of a few years ago against Cruppen in the championship

top class asrehole!!!

Uladh

Quote from: charlie stubbs on September 10, 2007, 11:53:39 AM
cross got their expected win,how people thought cruppen would get anywhere near them is beyond me.

who thought that?

diesel-smuggler

umgola - mckinney got himself sent off against cruppen a few years back! you cannot go around throwing headbutts and expect to stay on the pitch just because you are a sub goalkeeper on the county team!

charlie - if you had been at the game you would have seen that the scoreline flattered crossmaglen there was only 2 points in it going into the last 10 minutes when cross got their second goal and for the best part of 45 to 50 minutes (and before there is any smart reply's - yes i do know the game last 60 minutes) crossmaglen knew they had been in a game! peter loughran gave tony mcentee an absolute run around yesterday, had anyone else been marking peter they would have been switched or even substituted, think the calls for tony mc as the county full-back can finally be put to bed after his performance yesterday.

full-back - yes oisin did say it was hard to get motivated for a game against a second divison team but he did also go onto mention cruppen's championship history and that they would provide stern opposition.

difference in the two teams yesterday was strength of panels and bit more cuteness from crossmaglen i do wish them well in the final!

full back

£1000 @ 7/1 thought they would win ;)

diesel-smuggler

full-back is there no one from your club would bet £1000 on them to win a game in the championship?

full back

Dont get so defensive ds, it is good to see the players had confidence in themselves

diesel-smuggler

i can categorically confirm that it wasn't the players who had the bet on!

pintsofguinness

Quote from: full back on September 10, 2007, 11:08:14 AM
No offence to POG, but the'Bridge is one of the worst venues in the county for a big game.

And why is that?
Which one of you bitches wants to dance?

umgolaarmagh

There was no head butt by mckinney, cruppen man threw himself to the ground and thats that!!!

diesel-smuggler

umgola if that is the case then why did mckinney beg the cruppen player to try and get him off at the disciplinary hearing????