Armagh Club football & hurling

Started by holylandsniper, November 09, 2006, 10:44:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Uladh

Obviously five fm are hoping the cross clans game will be the of usual competitive nature but looking at clans from the outside, it doesn't look like this will be accurate. prepare for plenty of "And the all ireland champions, the greatest club team in the history of the world, tag on another superb point" following a 14 yard free...

Quote from: diesel-smuggler on June 21, 2007, 09:48:06 AM
the referee was seamy faloon from killeavy

Jaysus, i never knew yon boy was refereeing. all i can say is  :D

illdecide

Quote from: Uladh on June 21, 2007, 10:03:27 AM

Obviously five fm are hoping the cross clans game will be the of usual competitive nature but looking at clans from the outside, it doesn't look like this will be accurate. prepare for plenty of "And the all ireland champions, the greatest club team in the history of the world, tag on another superb point" following a 14 yard free...

Quote from: diesel-smuggler on June 21, 2007, 09:48:06 AM
the referee was seamy faloon from killeavy

Jaysus, i never knew yon boy was refereeing. all i can say is  :D

Lads in all seriousness this shit is getting out of hand, you can't send off a player for thinking he was gonna hit you. He admitted this after the match and said that he had made a mistake but the crowd seen him getting a straight red so there was nothing he could do.

All i'm saying is that wearing blue does not help when these muppets are refeering your games, they are ruining our season. We have had 6 straight red cards in our last 3 games (senior) and our B-Championship semi final our best playera and captain red carded after 15 seconds for telling a player to get up of the ground after he'd been tackled.

Our biggest problem is that we do not have any senior refeeres at our club and it's time we had, maybe dish out some of this crap we have to put up with to a few other clubs. I know a few of you's lads will be saying "Dry your Eyes you didn't get them for nothing" but if only you hear some of the comments from the refeeres. Like "tell that no5 if he opens his mouth in this match he will go" this was before the throw in, that ref had never done any of our games (i know it was an O Hagan he was talking about and he is a slabber, but thats not the point. You can't say that before a game espically when you have never done any of our games b4)

I could go on all day on comments from ref's similar to that mentioned above but whats the point it's not gonna help us any.
I can swim a little but i can't fly an inch

corn02

Uladh

What was the shelbourne number 7 sent off for? tackling correctly?

Armagh Exile

What!  Another couple of Clans players sent off last night.  Who were they?
I note that it was the fault of the referee that two Clans players were sent off.
Surprising result.

full back

C'mon illdecide,
It cant be coincidence that more of your players were lined last night
Its going to end up that no one can referee your games, without getting it wrong
Did it cost yourselves the game? who was sent off?

David McKeown

illdecide I know what your saying about refs spoiling games/seasons but technically speaking its assault if the ref had an honest and resonable belief he was about to get hit.   Given there was a ref in one of our games last year who booked a man for touching the ball on the ground and sent a man off for square ball, im not surprised your man got sent off.
2022 Allianz League Prediction Competition Winner

seeheartalk

How did Whitecross play last night? Do they look like a team that can beat St Pat's in the Champ semi final. Should be a cracking game. Any outstanding players for Whitecross, cus I heard they got some classy points against Tir na nOg on Friday night. Oh yeah, I was suprised they beat Tir na Nog. :o

illdecide

Quote from: seeheartalk on June 21, 2007, 12:53:01 PM
How did Whitecross play last night? Do they look like a team that can beat St Pat's in the Champ semi final. Should be a cracking game. Any outstanding players for Whitecross, cus I heard they got some classy points against Tir na nOg on Friday night. Oh yeah, I was suprised they beat Tir na Nog. :o

I personaly think St Pats will beat Whitecross, you can't give them much credit for beating the CLans as Derrynoose would beat us at the moment(no dis-respect Derrynoose)
i know what your saying "Full back" and our players have to take most of the responsibility the lack of discipline is just not good enough, but i still feel we are not getting a fair crack of the whip. I know we are not on our own as other people have mentioned on the board about past experience but there are some clubs out there (and we know who they are) who will not get players sent off for minor incidents. It needs to be GBH b4 they get the line.

By the way "Armagh Exile" the second player to get the line deserved all he got, but to send the first player off because the ref thought he was gonna hit him was just not acceptable.

pintsofguinness

Why did the ref think the was going to hit him?
We expect one of ours to get a heavy suspension because the ref thought he was going to hit him.
Which one of you bitches wants to dance?

winsamsoon

It is as simple as this lads the Clans team is renowned for playing football and the south Armagh teams renowned for hard hitting and the occassional bad tackle. So how can it be explained that we have had 6 men sent off in the last four games. Now i admit on some occassion our players do deserve the line but to watch consistantly week in and week out our players getting assaulted on the field of play and not even getting a free kick, whilst we have players sent off for minor offences. There are double standards and i agree with I'll decide it boils down to two things. 1/ we are a hated team and other club officials come into our games with a biased mind set and 2/ we don't have any referees of our own in the meetings fighting our corner. As a player it is totally demoralizing every game knowing that a referee is always going to be biased against you. We are not asking them to rob other teams, we Just want them to call a spade a spade. It is only a matter of time before someone goes over board and smacks one of them and this will be a sad day for all. One other point before i go the behaviour of the WhiteCross number 9 last night was a disgrace. He actually took his dick out of his shorts and began to wave it at one of our players as he was leaving the field. There were a lot of kids at the match so this behaviour was totally disgraceful. He is a lucky man that some of the clans supporters didn't get a hold of him after the game.
I never forget a face but in your case I will make an exception.

Hank Everlast

sounds like a gypo alright... wat was that supposed to achieve?!

full back

Quote from: winsamsoon on June 21, 2007, 01:51:11 PM
It is as simple as this lads the Clans team is renowned for playing football and the south Armagh teams renowned for hard hitting and the occassional bad tackle. So how can it be explained that we have had 6 men sent off in the last four games. Now i admit on some occassion our players do deserve the line but to watch consistantly week in and week out our players getting assaulted on the field of play and not even getting a free kick, whilst we have players sent off for minor offences. There are double standards and i agree with I'll decide it boils down to two things. 1/ we are a hated team and other club officials come into our games with a biased mind set and 2/ we don't have any referees of our own in the meetings fighting our corner. As a player it is totally demoralizing every game knowing that a referee is always going to be biased against you. We are not asking them to rob other teams, we Just want them to call a spade a spade. It is only a matter of time before someone goes over board and smacks one of them and this will be a sad day for all. One other point before i go the behaviour of the WhiteCross number 9 last night was a disgrace. He actually took his dick out of his shorts and began to wave it at one of our players as he was leaving the field. There were a lot of kids at the match so this behaviour was totally disgraceful. He is a lucky man that some of the clans supporters didn't get a hold of him after the game.

Having seem Whitecross play, there is no way you could describe them as a hard hitting team
Why was your second player lined?
Who was he?

illdecide

He was lined for 2 yellows. I forgot to mention that t**ker who whipped the lad out infront of the crowd and swung it round at the player who had been sent off. disgraceful there were a few men in the crowd looking to talk to that guy after the match, they had their we kids at the match and that baloon does that. The Whitecross management subed him shortly afterwards.

Uladh

Have the clans ever considered a charm offensive towards referees?