Ulster Minor Football Club Championship 2013 (at Saint Pauls)

Started by drici, August 29, 2013, 12:11:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Milltown Row2

Quote from: hardstation on November 26, 2013, 03:11:41 PM
Quote from: Milltown Row2 on November 26, 2013, 03:00:43 PM
Quote from: hardstation on November 26, 2013, 01:42:18 PM
Quote from: Walter Cronc on November 10, 2013, 08:37:20 AM
Quote from: Fr. Cyril McDuff on November 06, 2013, 08:27:33 AM
As the final of this is fixed for the 1st Jan, will this be the first game played under the new black card rules?

Very interesting point there.... Anyone shed any light on it?

On a further note, well done to our U16s who yesterday reached the Ulster final beating Enniskillen Gaels 5-13 to 1-9.
I imagine the same rules will apply from the first game of the competition to the last.

1st of Jan the new rules will be applied, this game will be the first game so a lot of attention will be on it, be rest assured that the referee that day will enforce them as this is a recognised GAA competition
I didn't think that was the case.

If there is an official referee apportioned then it's a proper competition and not an invitational one, this was the case when it first started I believe but it's purely the winners of the counties of Ulster. The seven's in Kilmacud, St Judes and the one in Meath are all recognised. If you get red carded in these games it carries through

Quote from: nrico2006 on November 26, 2013, 03:15:32 PM
Does the rules from the calendar year the competition is for not apply to the whole competition?  If the black card rule is applied then you could have an argument that the majority of both teams is probably over-age for minor as you are into 2014 when the final is played.

You can argue all you like, come the first its new rules, as it was for gum shields and helmets when they came in. Schools competitions are played through the year, before xmas and after the rules will also apply to them and the colleges
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Milltown Row2

Quote from: hardstation on November 26, 2013, 03:22:33 PM
Schools competitions are usually u18 & 1/2 etc to get around this, milltown. I think you are wrong here.

Which bit am I wrong in? that the referee won't be applying the rules or it's a recognise competition? I said that the schools competitions had to change when gum shields and helmets begcame compulsory and this was at the start of a new year
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

rodney trotter

Its only in Ulster where its 18 & half. As Northern schools are an extra year in schools, transition year is optional for southern schools.

When it goes to Hogan Cup level its u18 and some Northern teams lose players who would be over that limit

nrico2006

I didn't know Northern teams could lose players for the Hogan cup. 

As for the Ulster Minor club final, surely there can't be a cherry picking of what rules to apply to a match i.e. its ok for over-age players to play but its imperative that the black card rules have are applied.
'To the extreme I rock a mic like a vandal, light up a stage and wax a chump like a candle.'

Milltown Row2

Quote from: hardstation on November 26, 2013, 03:29:20 PM
Both, I think.

Gum shields?

Would you like to wager it? As question was asked at the black card seminar and Pat said rules will come in from the 1st.

Fr. Cyril McDuff

Quote from: rodney trotter on November 26, 2013, 03:37:15 PM
Its only in Ulster where its 18 & half. As Northern schools are an extra year in schools, transition year is optional for southern schools.

When it goes to Hogan Cup level its u18 and some Northern teams lose players who would be over that limit

Not any more, changed a few years ago.

rodney trotter

Quote from: Fr. Cyril McDuff on November 26, 2013, 03:43:37 PM

I see, well hardly fair.

Walter Cronc

Quote from: rodney trotter on November 26, 2013, 03:44:37 PM
Quote from: Fr. Cyril McDuff on November 26, 2013, 03:43:37 PM

I see, well hardly fair.

Sure half you hallions dont even wear blazers to school down there, and you expect us wee Nordies to compete ;)

Milltown Row2

Quote from: hardstation on November 26, 2013, 03:55:53 PM
Did all players have to wear gum shields in last year's final?

I never checked, a referee at the seminar last week told Pat he didn't realise that all but 2 players were not wearing gum shields!! Pat gave him a quare look

Milltown Row2

brokencrossbar1

Quote from: Walter Cronc on November 26, 2013, 01:17:58 PM
Paul Mc Girr (Ulster U16) Final this Sunday - Glen v Crossmaglen.

Should be an interesting tussle. Hopefully our lads can give a good account of themselves against a strong Cross side!

You're some craic walter, 'give a good account of themselves'!!  Your boys are strong favourites for this competition and if anything it would be the other way around with our biys giving a good account of themselves,  they are a good side but your boys have been blitzing teams!   Give a good account of  themselves,  ::)

Walter Cronc

Quote from: brokencrossbar1 on November 26, 2013, 05:47:29 PM

Should be an interesting tussle. Hopefully our lads can give a good account of themselves against a strong Cross side!

You're some craic walter, 'give a good account of themselves'!!  Your boys are strong favourites for this competition and if anything it would be the other way around with our biys giving a good account of themselves,  they are a good side but your boys have been blitzing teams!   Give a good account of  themselves,  ::)

We beat the Monaghan and Fermanagh champions. With all due respect neither side were fancied to go far. Your lads comfortably disposed of the reigning Ulster Champions. Looking forward to it!

brokencrossbar1

Quote from: Walter Cronc on November 26, 2013, 07:27:08 PM

We beat the Monaghan and Fermanagh champions. With all due respect neither side were fancied to go far. Your lads comfortably disposed of the reigning Ulster Champions. Looking forward to it!

Looking forward to it to myself, definitely the 2 best teams in the final.  How many of your boys were on the Rannafast winning team?  Young Glass was standing beside me on Sunday past, he's a big cub so he is and will take an awful lot of watching.

Walter Cronc

Quote from: brokencrossbar1 on November 26, 2013, 09:23:09 PM
Quote from: Walter Cronc on November 26, 2013, 07:27:08 PM

Looking forward to it to myself, definitely the 2 best teams in the final.  How many of your boys were on the Rannafast winning team?  Young Glass was standing beside me on Sunday past, he's a big cub so he is and will take an awful lot of watching.

2 starters from the Rannafast final. That Maghera team was very balanced in terms of club representation with Lavey, Dungiven, Kilrea, Drumsurn, Glen and Slaughtneil all contributing.

Joxer

Where and what time is this game?