62 (89.9%)
?
7 (10.1%)

Total Members Voted: 69

Armagh18

Quote from: trailer on March 31, 2021, 10:23:54 AM
Quote from: Itchy on March 31, 2021, 10:15:59 AM
Quote from: Angelo on March 30, 2021, 12:40:19 PM
Lucien Favre throws his name into the hat.

https://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/lucien-favre-interested-celtic-manager-23819120

Embarrassing for the chap who want to pretend the likes of Keane, Lennon or Kennedy are acceptable appointments.

Big name managers will be interested in a job at the club of Celtic's stature so there is no reason why we should be looking at Nottingham Forest's assistant manager.

I can say I am truly embarrassed. I see he has entered the race alright and the bookies have him at 66-1

https://www.oddschecker.com/football/manager-specials/celtic/next-permanent-manager

It's the Celtic job ffs. A level above Crawley or Morecambe. Sure Oran Kearney got the St Mirren Job one time. No big names are looking at that job. No matter what Celtic's deluded fans think. And what's more, a drunken sailor could manage Celtic to win that league. Celtic are the only team in it and still shit the togs this year. They came second in a one horse race.
Much as I hate to admit it, it's now very clearly a 2 horse race. That other shower had a brilliant season and even got a few decent results in Europe.

tonto1888

https://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/lucien-favre-interested-celtic-manager-23819120

Embarrassing for the chap who want to pretend the likes of Keane, Lennon or Kennedy are acceptable appointments.

Big name managers will be interested in a job at the club of Celtic's stature so there is no reason why we should be looking at Nottingham Forest's assistant manager.

I can say I am truly embarrassed. I see he has entered the race alright and the bookies have him at 66-1

https://www.oddschecker.com/football/manager-specials/celtic/next-permanent-manager

It's the Celtic job ffs. A level above Crawley or Morecambe. Sure Oran Kearney got the St Mirren Job one time. No big names are looking at that job. No matter what Celtic's deluded fans think. And what's more, a drunken sailor could manage Celtic to win that league. Celtic are the only team in it and still shit the togs this year. They came second in a one horse race.

Says someone who clearly doesn't watch any Scottish football

lenny

Lol, tell us the last time Crawley or morecambe reached the last 16 of the Europa league. With the champions league changes in the next year or 2 and an automatic group spot for Scotland the Celtic job is very attractive at the moment. Hence why some very big European names have expressed an interest.

general_lee

Smell the stoop

Angelo

Eddie Howe being strongly linked now.

I'd be content with Howe. I would have a few different preferences but I think he has the type of profile that fits the bill.

Hopefully he can persuade Edouard and Ajer to extend their contracts.
GAA FUNDING CHEATS CHEAT US ALL

Targetman

Yep I'd be happy enough with Howe, he'll bring a more professional approach to the club and will be hands on when it comes to training, I'm thinking he's been promised a substantial transfer kitty as its imperative we win back the league at the first time of asking, could we be heading in the right direction after this season's complete mess!!

Angelo

Daily Record reporting that he has turned down two offers from the EPL and Celtic is his preference.

Once again defeats the propaganda the EPL diehards paint on here.

One thing about Howe is that he was a bit of a disaster on the transfer market with Bournemouth. Spent a packet on young English players like Ibe, Solanke, Cook, Brooks, Mepham etc who really failed to deliver for him at Bournemouth. Celtic don't have the resources to shop in England so hopefully he'll more comfortable in trying to build a team with players from Europe and further abroad.

I also hope there are no loan deals this season as they are just a short term fix.

general_lee

Looks to be a decent appointment and willing to back the new manager. Hopefully a minor clear out of the squad follows

tonto1888

If this is true I am delighted. Wanted Howe or Marsch

screenexile

Quote from: Angelo on April 01, 2021, 08:15:33 PM
Daily Record reporting that he has turned down two offers from the EPL and Celtic is his preference.

One thing about Howe is that he was a bit of a disaster on the transfer market with Bournemouth. Spent a packet on young English players like Ibe, Solanke, Cook, Brooks, Mepham etc who really failed to deliver for him at Bournemouth. Celtic don't have the resources to shop in England so hopefully he'll more comfortable in trying to build a team with players from Europe and further abroad.

I also hope there are no loan deals this season as they are just a short term fix.

Why is that? He basically got offered 2 Championship jobs but Celtic have European football so are a slight step above.

Eddie Howe is the right appointment for Celtic.

Angelo

Quote from: screenexile on April 01, 2021, 09:29:35 PM
Quote from: Angelo on April 01, 2021, 08:15:33 PM

Why is that? He basically got offered 2 Championship jobs but Celtic have European football so are a slight step above.

Eddie Howe is the right appointment for Celtic.

EPL diehard exhibit #1

Louther

Eddie Howe be good for Celtic and Celtic be good for Eddie Howe. The worse thing that happened him was when he got money to spend, bought badly and sealed his faith.

The comparisons to Brendan Rodgers wills be made but he a good coaching type of manager who will play football and sets his teams up well.

Orior

Quote from: Louther on April 01, 2021, 09:34:42 PM
Eddie Howe be good for Celtic and Celtic be good for Eddie Howe. The worse thing that happened him was when he got money to spend, bought badly and sealed his faith.

The comparisons to Brendan Rodgers wills be made but he a good coaching type of manager who will play football and sets his teams up well.

Eddie is Church of England.
Cover me in chocolate and feed me to the lesbians

johnnycool

Quote from: johnnycool on February 24, 2021, 10:44:31 AM
Quote from: JohnDenver on February 24, 2021, 10:21:21 AM
Quote from: Angelo on February 24, 2021, 10:02:43 AM
The next appointment is huge.

I'm worried that John Kennedy is the favourite, really worried.

Kennedy should be hunted from the first team squad as he was part of this sorry mess this season. We need a manager in with pedigree and he also needs full autonomy on his backroom team.

I'd like a manager with an identity and a style, someone who knows what he wants his team to be about, that is tactically astute and puts the work in on the training ground. Someone like Martinez/Howe/Jardim who will work with the players day in day out to improve them and get the team knowing exactly what they are doing. Lennon's failing was that he wasn't interested in coaching the team, he has an incredibly lazy work ethic for a manager and that is attested to from plenty of his ex players.

McGeady was on Simon Ferry's podcast recently and he was absolutely glowing about Roberto Martinez as a manager, said tactically and on the training ground he was light years ahead of anyone he trained under.  Martinez has links to Scotland and probably has had his fill of international management now, he's the guy I'd be getting Celtic to push the boat out on.

Did you hear the one with Duff when he was full of praise for Kennedy?  Kennedy may well have a lot of potential, but the fact he's be in around the team as a number 2 or otherwise for so long, I don't think it would be a good idea for him to be given the job on a permanent basis now. Who knows, maybe years down the line with a complete new crop of players.

Reading on twitter Matt McGlone also mentioning a Martinez Maloney ticket after the euros.

Eddie Howe is the man Celtic need.

He'll be good for Celtic as he gets the best out of very average players.

bennydorano

Have never paid much heed to Bournemouth or Howe tbh so I'm not overcome with enthusiasm, I'd  be wary of a slew of Carl Muggleton & Stuart Slater type signings from the EFL lower reaches.  Another year of terrible signings and it could be a lot more than a one season blip