We need to talk about Diarmuid

Started by Mayo4Sam, June 05, 2017, 09:37:38 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

mup

Quote from: Hound on June 12, 2017, 10:14:58 AM
Widely known that it was Connolly himself that instructed the DCB not to appeal. But maybe he changed his mind before the deadline.

Maybe Gavin saw Galway yesterday and knowing Kildare and Meath are around equal to them that Leinster might not be the cakewalk it has been previously - so asked Connolly to reconsider!

But nothing actually confirmed either way yet. I'm sure it will be clarified shortly

Not healthy to be drinking this early in the morning.

Hound

Quote from: mup on June 12, 2017, 10:40:29 AM
Quote from: Hound on June 12, 2017, 10:14:58 AM
Widely known that it was Connolly himself that instructed the DCB not to appeal. But maybe he changed his mind before the deadline.

Maybe Gavin saw Galway yesterday and knowing Kildare and Meath are around equal to them that Leinster might not be the cakewalk it has been previously - so asked Connolly to reconsider!

But nothing actually confirmed either way yet. I'm sure it will be clarified shortly

Not healthy to be drinking this early in the morning.
Equal to Galway is what I said.

Kildare certainly are, and I think it's fair to say Galway and Kildare are (there or thereabouts) up to the standard of Donegal and Monaghan now. Capable of beating a big team in a quarter-final. Even though Galway beat Mayo in Connacht last year - that was a fluke. If they'd played Mayo (or Kerry or Dublin) in an AI semi or quarter, they'd have been hammered out the gate. Not this year. While I still think Mayo would beat Galway in an AI semi, I think it would be a close game and wouldn't rule Galway out. And I think Kildare are probably in a similar boat. Not sure about Meath.

mup

Ah right. I picked up wrong there. Apologies.

I know in Kildare we are looking for consistency. We seemed to fall flat against Galway in the league final. Hard to know what to expect against Meath.

Hound

Quote from: Declan on June 12, 2017, 10:20:06 AM
QuoteWidely known that it was Connolly himself that instructed the DCB not to appeal. But maybe he changed his mind before the deadline.

Wasn't the deadline for a hearing last Friday?
Apparantly today was deadline.

AZOffaly

Quote from: Hound on June 12, 2017, 11:41:05 AM
QuoteWidely known that it was Connolly himself that instructed the DCB not to appeal. But maybe he changed his mind before the deadline.

Wonder what made him change his mind. He must have got some guidance about procedural matters or something.

Hound

Quote from: AZOffaly on June 12, 2017, 11:45:13 AM

Wonder what made him change his mind. He must have got some guidance about procedural matters or something.
Unless "widely known" was widely wrong!

As usual with GAA, lots of smokes and mirrors and incorrect assumptions and possible misinformation. Next one of interest is that if he loses appeal, when does suspension start?

heffo

Quote from: Hound on June 12, 2017, 11:48:38 AM

Next one of interest is that if he loses appeal, when does suspension start?

Date of hearing/appeal/DRA meeting

five points

Hound

Quote from: heffo on June 12, 2017, 11:49:47 AM
Quote from: Hound on June 12, 2017, 11:48:38 AM

Next one of interest is that if he loses appeal, when does suspension start?

Date of hearing/appeal/DRA meeting
So that's taking on a massive risk, if that's true.
Although the suspension also includes not being allowed to train, so even though many said he wouldnt miss anything of importance, missing training for 12 weeks is effectively end of season anyway (and couldnt afford to ignore the training ban piece as would lead to big increase in suspension if caught)

AZOffaly

That's because theoretically if they had a training/game, he could partake while the appeal was ongoing? Or is it supposed to be a deterrent for taking an appeal?

Can the suspension be increased if his appeal fails?

heffo

Quote from: AZOffaly on June 12, 2017, 12:04:27 PM
That's because theoretically if they had a training/game, he could partake while the appeal was ongoing? Or is it supposed to be a deterrent for taking an appeal?

Can the suspension be increased if his appeal fails?

He's free to act while the process is ongoing. The Hearing committee (CHC) can impose whatever sanction they see fit. Next step would be an appeal, followed by the DRA.

Taylor

Anyone that thinks DC will get banned is away with the fairies.

If procedure had been followed and he had been sent off then a 12 week ban was a certainty - the way it has been done thought is a balls and it looks like the lads are trying to shut the door after the horse has bolted.

nrico2006

I don't think he will get off with this one.
'To the extreme I rock a mic like a vandal, light up a stage and wax a chump like a candle.'

sid waddell

Quote from: nrico2006 on June 12, 2017, 12:15:45 PM
I don't think he will get off with this one.
He will, and rightly so.

#justice4dermo