Sinn Fein? They have gone away, you know.

Started by Trevor Hill, January 18, 2010, 12:28:52 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Fear Bun Na Sceilpe

Quote from: Sportacus on June 30, 2020, 07:28:58 PM
Slap in the face to the people who buried their dead with no fuss and no attendance, or watched their friends and relatives funeral on a webcam.  An Ireland of equals eh.

Unbelievably disrespectful action by SF . Hard to fathom really. Arrogance of them

skeog

Some tribute from GA for BS comparing him with MC.

trailer

gallsman

Be interesting to see how they try to dress it up. Absolute hypocrites. O'Neill will try and laugh it off but there's no excuse given the policy she's (rightly) forced on people throughout this mess.

yellowcard

Very bad week for Sinn Fein with the crazy decision to nominate Paddy 'The Hooligan' Hoolahan as mayor and then displaying blatant disregard for Social Distancing rules at the funeral today.

Most people will know of somebody who passed away during the last 3 months and whose immediate family or close friends were unable to pay their respects so there should have been no exception made today for Bobby Storey. His mourning should not carry any more weight than any other ordinary citizen and should never have been elevated as such. They deserve whatever criticism comes their way even if many will use it simply to score political points.

ONeill

It'll be used to justify an Orangefest in 2 weeks.
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

armaghniac

Of course, they would criticise Dominic Cummings, but do not apply the same principles to themselves.
And Mary-Lou was claiming that she should have been Taoiseach!
If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

Milltown Row2

Quote from: gallsman on June 30, 2020, 09:21:43 PM
Be interesting to see how they try to dress it up. Absolute hypocrites. O'Neill will try and laugh it off but there's no excuse given the policy she's (rightly) forced on people throughout this mess.

From what I seen it wasn't as bad as I thought it would be in fairness.

We buried a great clubman recently and we lined the road from Healys to the pitch, it was marked out and well marshalled.

Bring in the public eye and if everyone was watching she should have sorted it!
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Fear Bun Na Sceilpe

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on June 30, 2020, 10:24:25 PM

We buried a great clubman recently and we lined the road from Healys to the pitch, it was marked out and well marshalled.

But we were all told we couldn't do the same. Hypocrites and arrogance personified

Milltown Row2

Quote from: Fear Bun Na Sceilpe on June 30, 2020, 10:28:37 PM
Quote from: Milltown Row2 on June 30, 2020, 10:24:25 PM

But we were all told we couldn't do the same. Hypocrites and arrogance personified

The scrutiny was on SF they should have made the effort
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Rossfan

Quote from: armaghniac on June 30, 2020, 10:21:26 PM
Of course, they would criticise Dominic Cummings, but do not apply the same principles to themselves.
And Mary-Lou was claiming that she should have been Taoiseach!

"We voted for change"
Nothing else matters.
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

dublin7

Quote from: ONeill on June 30, 2020, 10:20:44 PM
It'll be used to justify an Orangefest in 2 weeks.

Absolutely. With marching season coming up SF and the NI assembly could have insisted that they don't go ahead because of health reasons and social distancing.

That's all gone out the window now and SF can't say or do anything to stop them. As usual SF members on twitter refusing to accept they did anything wrong and are actually proud of yesterday

ardtole

Quote from: yellowcard on June 30, 2020, 10:10:37 PM
Very bad week for Sinn Fein with the crazy decision to nominate Paddy 'The Hooligan' Hoolahan as mayor and then displaying blatant disregard for Social Distancing rules at the funeral today.

Most people will know of somebody who passed away during the last 3 months and whose immediate family or close friends were unable to pay their respects so there should have been no exception made today for Bobby Storey. His mourning should not carry any more weight than any other ordinary citizen and should never have been elevated as such. They deserve whatever criticism comes their way even if many will use it simply to score political points.

Couldn't argue with anything you said yc.

Applesisapples

Quote from: ardtole on July 01, 2020, 09:02:41 AM
Quote from: yellowcard on June 30, 2020, 10:10:37 PM

Couldn't argue with anything you said yc.
I have defended SF at times on here but my sweet baby Jesus what possessed them to allow this blatant disregard for the regulations, calling out the Garda funeral or the Noah vigil is irrelevant. 3 wrongs do not make a right and O'Neill was the one putting pressure on business over lock down. She has illustrated her inability to lead.

Angelo

An own goal for SF but they are held to higher standards than others as usual.
GAA FUNDING CHEATS CHEAT US ALL