Sinn Fein? They have gone away, you know.

Started by Trevor Hill, January 18, 2010, 12:28:52 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

michaelg

Is there any chance the whole funeral thing was a calculated move to wind up the DUP and topple Stormont again?

tintin25

Quote from: michaelg on July 03, 2020, 12:27:44 PM
Is there any chance the whole funeral thing was a calculated move to wind up the DUP and topple Stormont again?

Near made me sick when I seen that!

Was there ever this much controversy when Martin McGuiness and Ian Paisley were in charge?

Fear Bun Na Sceilpe

Quote from: johnnycool on July 03, 2020, 09:51:16 AM
Quote from: Sportacus on July 02, 2020, 05:07:08 PM
If SF are going to spoof their way out of this, please spare us Martina Anderson.  Heard her today in an Assembly Committee, she's really not the answer.

dire, just dire.

The republican family needed you there....

Martina is now a hindrance to the goal she hopes to achieve.

Agreed

Jeepers Creepers

I dont think the DUP can afford to let it topple again.

johnnycool

Don't think so.

Storey was a died in the wool Shinner and they were determined to give him the send off they believed he deserved and given to other volunteers over the years and to hell with the consequences.

DUP aren't exactly in a position to claim the moral high ground considering their dithering in closing the place down at the start.

ardtole

I think the criticism sinn fein receive from political opponents like the dup, ff, fg etc will be water off a ducks back.

But is there a likely backlash from sf voters who buried loved ones in the past few months and had to adhere to the restrictions that were imposed.

Fortunately I wasnt in that position personally in recent times but if I had to have been, I'd imagine I would be furious.

BennyCake

Who the f**k takes a selfie at a funeral??

f**k sake like, it's not a birthday party they're attending.

Taylor

Quote from: ardtole on July 03, 2020, 12:51:14 PM
I think the criticism sinn fein receive from political opponents like the dup, ff, fg etc will be water off a ducks back.

But is there a likely backlash from sf voters who buried loved ones in the past few months and had to adhere to the restrictions that were imposed.

Fortunately I wasnt in that position personally in recent times but if I had to have been, I'd imagine I would be furious.

Was thinking about that and how voters would react.

A similar scenario would be in England - despite Bojo causing 1000's of lives with his handling of Covid will he still get voted in or will his support base leave him (in particular those who have lost loved ones)?

thewobbler

One thing the DUP has taught us about NI is that it takes an extraordinary effort for them to lose votes.

Much as Im disgusted with Sinn Fein's abrasive negligence at Storey's funeral, it just doesn't strike me as a vote loser for them.

Rossfan

Michelle and Marylou doing a lot of apologising today.
I expect the fcukwit Orange bands and their camp followers will break every Covid rule in the book over the weekend 11th/13th and make SF's breaches look pretty minor.
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

Jeepers Creepers

Quote from: Rossfan on July 03, 2020, 02:29:26 PM
Michelle and Marylou doing a lot of apologising today.
I expect the fcukwit Orange bands and their camp followers will break every Covid rule in the book over the weekend 11th/13th and make SF's breaches look pretty minor.

They are going to anyway, regardless.

imtommygunn

I was reading something on twitter today saying that the four ports had notified stormont preparations have started for border checks and maybe this is part of why the DUP were being so outraged by the social distancing thing..

johnnycool

Quote from: imtommygunn on July 03, 2020, 03:09:26 PM
I was reading something on twitter today saying that the four ports had notified stormont preparations have started for border checks and maybe this is part of why the DUP were being so outraged by the social distancing thing..

Look at themmuns over there when there's border infrastructure planning is getting underway at the sea ports in Larne, Belfast, Derry and Warrenpoint.

Rossfan

I see an agreement drafted to allow lorries with Irish food products which travel through England use "green lanes" at Continental ports.
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

trailer

The thing that really makes me laugh is that SF's position was so pro lockdown. Close schools, close cemeteries, close pubs and keeping them closed when the DUP wanted to open them. Whatever about all the whataboutery and other funerals etc that was their hard position. Was it for show or did they really care about the public's health?