Qualifiers.

Started by The Monument Road, June 04, 2017, 06:06:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

town1980

High fielder you are actually some clown,, p mac was prob laoiss best player yesterday you ask for 6 backs,,, you no a hell amount about football do u??? What team played with 6 backs you are a total gobshite if you ask me, look at what Babu has stated long before this happened I agreed with most of what he said.you Tony and other clowns here obviously have yere head in the sand yes actually no nothing regarding a set up and what it takes to be competitive,, laois are a div 2 side with organisation

Spillane

High Fielder I seriously take issue with that statement about P Mac, How can you call that man soft?? 10 Years of battling for his county, then to come back this year at the age of 34 with noting to gain? The man bleeds Laois football and BallyroanAbu has said one thing correct, if they were 15 players with the same metal of MacMahon, Laois would be far from Div 4, but unfortunately they deserve to be where they are.

Don't know about you but I feel our "bigger" players have lacked the desire or passion for a long time. Most of the players rather be seen walking around town in their Laois gear or posting on social media than f**king some pride in their jersey. Think it might be best for a big change up with the panel and get rid of this perception where lads think they're a lot better than what they are.

Things can't get much worse for us..... Hopefully

Uisce

A big worry with this Laois team is the lack of leaders, considering the age profile and the number of championship appearances on the field you would expect a few but there was not. With about 15 minutes to go Timmons shouts up the field "Will ye stop feeling sorry for yourselves".. That's what it looked like, there was very little drive or fight in the team. Resigned to defeat when something could have been salvaged, much like Wicklow nearly did against us! I think you are harsh on McMahon High Fielder, I thought he was the best of the backs, not outstanding by any means but certainly deserves less criticism than most! Hard to know where to go from here, but Laois are certainly not a division 2 team.

High Fielder

He can't tackle. None of them can. I love Padraig McMahon as a footballer with ball in hand. One of the best I've seen in a Laois jersey going forward. But he's too loose to be a quality back. It's only telling the truth. Cahir Healy is the only lad we have capable of keeping it tight. No offence intended and I must stress I rate McMahon highly. But he can't tackle and never could

High Fielder

Quote from: town1980 on July 02, 2017, 10:59:21 AM
High fielder you are actually some clown,, p mac was prob laoiss best player yesterday you ask for 6 backs,,, you no a hell amount about football do u??? What team played with 6 backs you are a total gobshite if you ask me, look at what Babu has stated long before this happened I agreed with most of what he said.you Tony and other clowns here obviously have yere head in the sand yes actually no nothing regarding a set up and what it takes to be competitive,, laois are a div 2 side with organisation

Good luck in the league final. Some neck calling anyone a clown . You got that one badly wrong kid.

Butch Cassidy

2017 has been one of the low points in Laois football and assuming some retirements will come 2018 will be no better (although we should get promoted from division 4). I hope there is a complete review done of Laois football from the bottom to the top by an external person and a plan put in place to get Laois on track. I know Wicklow have used  Pillar Caffrey to complete such an exercise.

Not going to comment on the game yesterday but if it's the last time we see Ross in the Laois jersey I just want to say thank you for all the good times and memories. Ross has been a great servant for Laois and no one can question is commitment and passion for Laois GAA. I would like to see him involved coaching underage teams as we need everyone on board to get Laois football rising again.

Unison

Creedon wants to stay on. After presiding over numerous undisciplined performances he must go.

Junior Ex Laoistalk

If you want Creedon to go at least offer some alternative person to manage laois. They won't be actually queuing around the corner for the job now, will they. The county board have a lot to answer for, they have now to get the finger out before football is lost altogether to Laois..
Winners are not those who never fail, but those who never quit!

Nameless

2013: Clare 0-10 Laois 3-17
2017: Laois 0-14 Clare 2-18

What has happened in 4 years? Have our players regressed that much? Clare improved by that much? A mixture of both?

Creedon can't stay on, he wasn't dealt the strongest hand but he failed to get the best out of the players so we have to look elsewhere. Unfortunately we're not an attractive proposition right now.

Unison

We will never be up there with the likes of Dublin, yet, I believe that there are good young players in the county who can make us competitive. Relegation to Division Four must be used to our advantage. It must be used to build a new team around Brody, Shane Nurney, Collins, Kelly, Buggie, Attride, Daly, the two Kingstons, O'Loughlin, O'Carroll, Farrell, Moore, Byrne, Paddy O'Sullivan and Colm Murphy (all Portarlington) etc. I would like to see someone like Ross Munnelly, Billy Sheehan or even Colm Begley taking them forward.

The County Board are a shambles and have presided over a decline in standards at county and club level. Just as Creedon's position must be reviewed, so too must the CBs. They cannot be re-instated year after year if they are doing a bad job. Or can they? I see someone tweeting that an outside review of the GAA at all levels in Laois is badly needed. Lets do it now as we build a new team in Div. 4!!

welcomehome

I think there is too many on the top table from de one club..Have too much say...Dont do anything for the hurlers,or footballers...how they didnt object to them 2 matches being played yesterday..,and last year letting that match go to kilkenny.Another thing how kieran lillis and gareth dillon didnt get a mach is beyond me....

BallyroanAbu

We are attractive to one of our own there are a young managers in their 30's that should be given their chance.  Are we going to keep going down the same route of outsiders are better simply because we have little insight into their merits and slights .

steven seagal

QuoteThey cannot be re-instated year after year if they are doing a bad job. Or can they?

They can be if no one else wants the jobs, which is generally the case. There is a lot of deadweight on that county board and they'll continue to drag us down until some new people take the initiative to get involved and try to freshen things up.

Gerry Kavanagh will finish his tenure this year, but god only knows who will replace him. Probably someone already on the county board, and there's no one in there I'd trust to run a parish bingo, never mind the GAA affairs of a whole county. It's up to the clubs on that count, they'll have to start nominating people to run against the lads that are there. If we don't do that, then we'll end up with the people and setup we deserve.

As for the game, it looked to me like they were nearly waiting for an excuse to give up. O'Loughlin's red card provided that, they threw in the towel before he'd even sat down in the stand. I had high hopes for this year, I thought Creedon would be better, but Laois have been a shambles this year and the fault ultimately lies at his feet. We have significant problems in the county, obviously, but Creedon's primary job was to get the team fit, prepared and motivated for the league and championship, but he didn't do this. But if he wants to stay on and no other candidates are identified, he could well be given another year. I wouldn't be surprised if our CB stuck with him

Andy06

Does anyone know the clubs feeling towards the current county board setup? Living outside of the county I wouldn't be in the know as regards the different club committee's, is there anyone at any of the clubs that people would think a good shout for a county board position?

town1980

But high fielder your statements make us think yes that you are a clown along with tony