Islamic Jihadists ISIS

Started by rossiewanderer, August 13, 2014, 07:55:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Main Street

Quote from: GetOverTheBar on April 15, 2019, 08:56:54 PM
Quote from: GJL on April 15, 2019, 07:34:09 PM
Quote from: playwiththewind1st on April 15, 2019, 06:36:44 PM
See Begum is getting legal aid now, to fight the decision to strip her of her British citizenship. Hasn't been about for four years or so but, sure, let's throw bucketloads of money at her, to uphold her 'rights'. World has definitely gone mad.

She is as entitled to legal aid as you or I. If she was not she would not be getting it.

Legally yes. Morally, Politically....Socially....I'm not so sure.
Yes you Brits or west Brits are really concerned about the possible use or misuse  of Brit exchequer money.
Did you know the KKK was formed and grew because Of Negro Rape, Assault & Murder, well so the KKK claimed that sort of thing happened, not unlike ultra right propaganda against Muslims today.

Meanwhile the 100th anniversary of the Amritsar massacre was acknowledged  to some extent by a minor UK tv channel (CH 4) on Saturday in a documentary named The Massacre that Shook the Empire. Despite it actually being the massacre to shake the british empire, the documentary maker was nonplussed to begin with,  but 5 minutes after visiting the scene of the massacre was prompted to declare that the British Empire in India was an exercise in institutionalised racism and sadistically cruel.
i thought that was a pretty mild statement myself, I would have used stronger words. For the most part British people think that the British empire was beneficial to humanity. Rhees Mog contents that the Amritsar massacre was but a tiny blot. Boris Johnson  in his biography of Churchill doesn't deem it necessary to even mention anything about the Famine of Bengal in 1943, a famine which Churchill's war cabinet's decisions exacerbated the effect of,  to the tune of 3m dead.
But let's get back to wonderfull Blighty and and their attitude to the now young mother, (or is it ex mother)  who can be condemned because of a few edited newspaper and tv accounts, and who you now say is not entitled to present her side of the story to a instituted  court of law,  but let it be trial by daily Mail??
I say old chaps, is that how you play cricket?

GetOverTheBar

Quote from: Main Street on April 16, 2019, 12:22:58 AM
See Begum is getting legal aid now, to fight the decision to strip her of her British citizenship. Hasn't been about for four years or so but, sure, let's throw bucketloads of money at her, to uphold her 'rights'. World has definitely gone mad.

She is as entitled to legal aid as you or I. If she was not she would not be getting it.

Yes you Brits or west Brits are really concerned about the possible use or misuse  of Brit exchequer money.
Did you know the KKK was formed and grew because Of Negro Rape, Assault & Murder, well so the KKK claimed that sort of thing happened, not unlike ultra right propaganda against Muslims today.

Meanwhile the 100th anniversary of the Amritsar massacre was acknowledged  to some extent by a minor UK tv channel (CH 4) on Saturday in a documentary named The Massacre that Shook the Empire. Despite it actually being the massacre to shake the british empire, the documentary maker was nonplussed to begin with,  but 5 minutes after visiting the scene of the massacre was prompted to declare that the British Empire in India was an exercise in institutionalised racism and sadistically cruel.
i thought that was a pretty mild statement myself, I would have used stronger words. For the most part British people think that the British empire was beneficial to humanity. Rhees Mog contents that the Amritsar massacre was but a tiny blot. Boris Johnson  in his biography of Churchill doesn't deem it necessary to even mention anything about the Famine of Bengal in 1943, a famine which Churchill's war cabinet's decisions exacerbated the effect of,  to the tune of 3m dead.
But let's get back to wonderfull Blighty and and their attitude to the now young mother, (or is it ex mother)  who can be condemned because of a few edited newspaper and tv accounts, and who you now say is not entitled to present her side of the story to a instituted  court of law,  but let it be trial by daily Mail??

Quite the rant - you'll have to excuse me, I fail to see what Churchill or indeed British atrocities back whenever have to do with this. Bit ironic considering you seem to be defending a woman who cleared off to join a group / nation in the Middle East that made atrocity their MO.

Don't really care how the British Govt. spend their money, that's their money to spend how they wish I suppose.

But if you hop on a plane to join Al-Baghdadi and his new state, you can't have your cake and eat it. It seems pretty open and shut here. Again, legally that's for better minds than me to argue - but certainly I think most 'normal' people will hold the same opinion here, she's went off to join a state which essentially massacred anyone but her own. She made her bed.

Keyser soze

Quote from: GetOverTheBar on April 16, 2019, 09:38:03 AM

Quite the rant - you'll have to excuse me, I fail to see what Churchill or indeed British atrocities back whenever have to do with this. Bit ironic considering you seem to be defending a woman who cleared off to join a group / nation in the Middle East that made atrocity their MO.

Don't really care how the British Govt. spend their money, that's their money to spend how they wish I suppose.

But if you hop on a plane to join Al-Baghdadi and his new state, you can't have your cake and eat it. It seems pretty open and shut here. Again, legally that's for better minds than me to argue - but certainly I think most 'normal' people will hold the same opinion here, she's went off to join a state which essentially massacred anyone but her own. She made her bed.

Quite right GOTB, things like access to legal aid should be decided on moral and political grounds rather than this legal entitlement nonsense.

Baile Brigín 2

And how do you prove she isnt entitled to legal aid?

GetOverTheBar

Quote from: Baile Brigín 2 on April 16, 2019, 10:28:14 AM

And how do you prove she isnt entitled to legal aid?

Never said she wasn't entitled to it legally - I said I wasn't sure if she was entitled to it morally, socially or politically.

johnnycool

The Manchester bomber spent a bit of time in Libya and Syria before coming back to the UK and no issues. Ever wonder why?
The then Home Secretary Teasie May turned a blind eye to these extremists going over to these places and joining extremist groups as they were doing the Wests evil work in deposing of Gaddafi and attempting to overthrow Assad.

They're all pawns but the moral outrage is only a concern when they evil deeds are carried out in the West.

The West are reaping what they sow I'm afraid and innocents will die as usual.

Hardy

That's grand then. Let random members of the public, no - say even a majority of the public, using 'information' provided by such august journals as the Sun and Daily Mail decide which cases are 'open and shut' and so leave the courts to decide on the tricky cases (as also determined by said majority, deeply knowledgeable and informed public opinion). Major savings to be made if we introduced sensible reforms like this, especially in this information age where reputable commentators by the million are available on social media to expedite these decisions.

playwiththewind1st

You might have thought that actually being resident in a country might be a condition for getting legal aid. Begum f****s away off to Syria; Jack Shepherd goes OTR to Georgia, but both are entitled to legal aid, in absentia? Maybe Begum should ask Bashar al-Assad for a few quid in legal aid & see what the answer is.

GetOverTheBar

Quote from: Hardy on April 16, 2019, 01:44:12 PM

That's grand then. Let random members of the public, no - say even a majority of the public, using 'information' provided by such august journals as the Sun and Daily Mail decide which cases are 'open and shut' and so leave the courts to decide on the tricky cases (as also determined by said majority, deeply knowledgeable and informed public opinion). Major savings to be made if we introduced sensible reforms like this, especially in this information age where reputable commentators by the million are available on social media to expedite these decisions.

What have The Sun or The Daily Mail got to do with my opinion on the matter?

Denn Forever

QuoteWhat have The Sun or The Daily Mail got to do with my opinion on the matter?

Their percieved right wing bias?
I have more respect for a man
that says what he means and
means what he says...

johnnycool

Quote from: playwiththewind1st on April 16, 2019, 01:49:04 PM
You might have thought that actually being resident in a country might be a condition for getting legal aid. Begum f****s away off to Syria; Jack Shepherd goes OTR to Georgia, but both are entitled to legal aid, in absentia? Maybe Begum should ask Bashar al-Assad for a few quid in legal aid & see what the answer is.

Valid point on Jack Shepherd.

White boy takes off after killing a girl in a speed boat and being found guilty. I don't recall any moral outrage or TV phone ins, questions on Question Time, Politicians jumping all over it, I wonder why?