Tyrone County Football and Hurling

Started by Fear ón Srath Bán, April 01, 2007, 05:58:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

longballin

Quote from: omagh_gael on March 29, 2018, 10:44:16 PM
I'm afraid I can't answer. I'm a Loughmacrory man now, been out of the town for 7 years! I'll send my Mum over with a flask of tea, though ;)

Good man! thanks  8)

Tyroneforsam

I'm afraid I can't answer. I'm a Loughmacrory man now, been out of the town for 7 years! I'll send my Mum over with a flask of tea, though ;)

How can you jump from one club to another. That wouldn't rest easily wiith me tbh!

Thebigdog

What right does Omagh have as regards selling tickets in Healy park during Tyrone matches? Can other clubs come and sell tickets also? Anyway, Mickey called con O'Callaghan a cheat for his goal back August, now mugsys goal has been called out aswell. The wonderful mind of Mickey Harte! Have to admit been someone who has criticized the manager on occasion, I have been struck by the managers' good nature when facilitating children with special needs at recent matches. Fair play. Then the cynical mind in me took over when Harte came out this week in strong favour of s No vote in the up coming abortion referendum. This begs the question was he using these children as some sort of political message??

BennyHarp

Quote from: Thebigdog on March 30, 2018, 01:42:19 AM
What right does Omagh have as regards selling tickets in Healy park during Tyrone matches? Can other clubs come and sell tickets also? Anyway, Mickey called con O'Callaghan a cheat for his goal back August, now mugsys goal has been called out aswell. The wonderful mind of Mickey Harte! Have to admit been someone who has criticized the manager on occasion, I have been struck by the managers' good nature when facilitating children with special needs at recent matches. Fair play. Then the cynical mind in me took over when Harte came out this week in strong favour of s No vote in the up coming abortion referendum. This begs the question was he using these children as some sort of political message??

Disgraceful post! Lay off the drink and keep this thread to county football talk.
That was never a square ball!!

Localexpert

Quote from: southtyronegael on March 29, 2018, 09:40:25 AM
What did mugsy do on Harte anyway? Between him gettin dropped off the panel at the age of 30 when he was playing great stuff then last nights refusal to give mugsy the credit for a brilliant solo goal. Strange.

Young mulligan would tell you that they rarely if ever spoke.

Localexpert

Also I see micky is weighing into the abortion debate in the south.... surely he'd be better staying out of that and only force his religious views onto the Tyrone team instead of all the rest of us?

southtyronegael

Seen that alright. People yap about everyone should get behind mickey and the team but how can they when he is so divisive? If he is so interested in abortion/religion/politics then maybe he should stick to that and leave the football to someone else. No wonder he so keen to hang onto Tyrone job. Gives him a great platform to push his own personal agenda regarding political/religious views. Shameful stuff for a gaa manager to be honest.

omagh_gael

Quote from: Tyroneforsam on March 29, 2018, 11:06:09 PM

How can you jump from one club to another. That wouldn't rest easily wiith me tbh!

To be honest, I never was the biggest OSE clubman. I played with them until minor then headed to Liverpool to university. When I came back I played F&W soccer with an Omagh club. I moved to the Lough 7 years ago have kids playing and I coach the 6s. This feels more like a 'club' than OSE ever did for me. My forum name is more of a reflection of where I'm from rather than my allegiance. I still lived in Omagh when I joined up here.

WT4E

Quote from: omagh_gael on March 30, 2018, 10:20:59 AM

To be honest, I never was the biggest OSE clubman. I played with them until minor then headed to Liverpool to university. When I came back I played F&W soccer with an Omagh club. I moved to the Lough 7 years ago have kids playing and I coach the 6s. This feels more like a 'club' than OSE ever did for me. My forum name is more of a reflection of where I'm from rather than my allegiance. I still lived in Omagh when I joined up here.

I think when someone changes club when they get married and start a family its the right thing to do - you want to integrate into the community and make sure your kids make friends in the area.

Its not as if your a young player who plays for say Stewartstown and decides one day that Cookstown are better and might win something so transfer and then maybe some day decide you know what Stewartstown have got better and might win something so i will transfer back! 

omagh_gael

Quote from: WT4E on March 30, 2018, 10:33:29 AM
Quote from: omagh_gael on March 30, 2018, 10:20:59 AM

I think when someone changes club when they get married and start a family its the right thing to do - you want to integrate into the community and make sure your kids make friends in the area.

Its not as if your a young player who plays for say Stewartstown and decides one day that Cookstown are better and might win something so transfer and then maybe some day decide you know what Stewartstown have got better and might win something so i will transfer back!

Agree 100%. We had no connections at all in the Lough when we moved there and through school and football we've met a pile of people. I notice a huge difference in the community vibe in the Lough v my underage days in OSE. To be fair though there is serious work gone into Omagh over the last decade and their activities etc are through the roof. Must be all those missing half time draws ;)

RedHand88

Quote from: southtyronegael on March 30, 2018, 08:35:35 AM
Seen that alright. People yap about everyone should get behind mickey and the team but how can they when he is so divisive? If he is so interested in abortion/religion/politics then maybe he should stick to that and leave the football to someone else. No wonder he so keen to hang onto Tyrone job. Gives him a great platform to push his own personal agenda regarding political/religious views. Shameful stuff for a gaa manager to be honest.

If he was in favour of repealing the 8th would it be divisive??

longballin

Quote from: RedHand88 on March 30, 2018, 09:03:54 PM

is it really relevant what he thinks about it one way or other? What does Mattie McGleenan think about the abortion debate or Eamonn Fitzmaurice or Jim Galvin.. who cares?

RedHand88

Quote from: longballin on March 30, 2018, 09:34:39 PM

is it really relevant what he thinks about it one way or other? What does Mattie McGleenan think about the abortion debate or Eamonn Fitzmaurice or Jim Galvin.. who cares?

Exactly.

Localexpert

Quote from: longballin on March 30, 2018, 09:34:39 PM

Well yea we don't know because they aren't putting their weight behind one side or the other.  I was asking the question should he be involving himself or just worry about looking after Tyrone...

Thebigdog

A great weekend of Gaelic football in croke park. I think now we are entering an era of exciting action for our great game. The super 8s I am sure will elevate Gaelic football too a new audience. Dublin are definitely gonna get more heat on them now that teams are not standing back although Galway let themselves down after the dub red card. Tyrone I genuinely believe are still the team to knock Dublin off their perch. We have had an emphasis on defence this last number of years. Now is the time to go all attack with what looks like a dodgy Dublin defence. Yet again Dublin get the marginal calls and they should have had at least two black cards in the first half. When you consider some of the black cards Tyrone have been getting this last few years. Dublin are definitely getting preferential treatment and Tyrone are getting the complete opposite! Just seems to be blatant biased going on. Would it do any harm to highlight this by the Tyrone manager?