Hurling Championship 2019

Started by seafoid, May 08, 2019, 04:35:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

imtommygunn

Cian Lynch (fantastic hurler though he is) seems to throw it every time. Tony Kelly too.

Milltown Row2

Quote from: imtommygunn on June 09, 2019, 05:14:39 PM
What constitutes a throw ? I've had this on 10 minutes and counted at least 5.

Watching on tv makes it easier to see. The rule was slightly changed to be a clear gap between hand and ball. Live on the pitch depending on position/view of ref it's going so fast it really is hard to call, as a player I generally 'threw' the ball during a game, if you get caught then you made an effort.
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Farrandeelin

Quote from: Lar Naparka on June 09, 2019, 04:49:53 PM
Quote from: seafoid on June 09, 2019, 04:29:25 PM
Galway showed great character to go down the pitch and reply to KK's goal in kind
KK were indisciplined out of frustration I imagine . Cody will be disappointed.
TJ Reid is some hurler
What's happening? I cant get a raido commentary anywhere and no way of watching in on Sky.
It was on RTE and all Lar. Mighty game. Munster fails to hit last year's high. Another drubbing for Clare today.
Inaugural Football Championship Prediction Winner.

Capt Pat

Clare have collapsed this year for some reason. It might be time for a new management team.

manfromdelmonte

They are pushing the sliotar, not striking it with the hand
Referees are too scared to call them

marty34

Quote from: manfromdelmonte on June 09, 2019, 09:18:34 PM

Still a handpass though - too hard for a referee to see that with the naked eye.

Best thing is to blow up for a back handpass in the first 5mins and that'll serve as a warning!!!

Milltown Row2

Referees are too scared? Wise up
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

manfromdelmonte

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on June 09, 2019, 10:06:07 PM

its coming from commentators, managers and ex players
'let the game flow'
'fastest game in the world'
'players are more skillful than ever'

referees won't get appointed for big game if they are seen to clamp down on certain rules. eg steps while carrying the ball and handpassing

Milltown Row2

Quote from: manfromdelmonte on June 10, 2019, 08:02:05 AM

'let the game flow'

referees won't get appointed for big game if they are seen to clamp down on certain rules. eg steps while carrying the ball and handpassing

Commentators? Commentators have no say in whos picked on the panel for the championship, rules tests, fitness tests, assessments and hard work over the leagues where games are not as popular or even on tv to be commentated on, thats when its decided to pick the best referees, any notion that a referee will be swayed by some clampit on tv is compete rubbish.

They are at a level where they are continually assessed as they are all in contention to do the bigger games at the buisness end of the year, so I doubt very much they will be listening to what Donal Og and co have to say.

Yes there is a need to clamp down on the handpass but as said, very hard to always get a clear view on that, the steps needs to be addressed. Possibly in the the leauge there would need to be a complete hard approach on these two areas.

But stay off the glue please

manfromdelmonte

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on June 10, 2019, 09:03:33 AM
Quote from: manfromdelmonte on June 10, 2019, 08:02:05 AM

'let the game flow'

Commentators? Commentators have no say in whos picked on the panel for the championship, rules tests, fitness tests, assessments and hard work over the leagues where games are not as popular or even on tv to be commentated on, thats when its decided to pick the best referees, any notion that a referee will be swayed by some clampit on tv is compete rubbish.

They are at a level where they are continually assessed as they are all in contention to do the bigger games at the buisness end of the year, so I doubt very much they will be listening to what Donal Og and co have to say.

Yes there is a need to clamp down on the handpass but as said, very hard to always get a clear view on that, the steps needs to be addressed. Possibly in the the leauge there would need to be a complete hard approach on these two areas.

But stay off the glue please
referees that get criticised by the managers and commentators in the media from a few big counties generally don't get the top games
they have reps on the CCCC who appoint the referees

Maroon Manc

The sending off appeared to help Kilkenny as it so often does.

I see a lot of negativity surrounding Galway despite the win and more importantly the performance which is certainly unfair. Galway looked to tire in the last 10 minutes which wasn't overly surprising.

seafoid

Quote from: Maroon Manc on June 10, 2019, 10:40:53 AM
The sending off appeared to help Kilkenny as it so often does.

I see a lot of negativity surrounding Galway despite the win and more importantly the performance which is certainly unfair. Galway looked to tire in the last 10 minutes which wasn't overly surprising.
Donoghue is the first manager to beat Cody 3 times in a row.
I remember the reaction to beating them in 2005. KK delivered an almighty hammering below in Thurles in 2006

Great to see Killimordaly and Turlough to the fore
Concannon was identified as a potential star earlier in the year by Vincent Hogan 

"Hogan believes Brian Concannon will have a breakthrough year after being involved with Galway the last year.
"Brian Concannon, he's been on the Galway team for a while now. His club form is really good and we're talking about who's going to step up to the plate? Maybe Concannon could be the guy to step up to the plate for Galway."
Scorer of 2-2 in four appearances in last year's Leinster Championship, with a further 2-6 in this year's National Hurling League, Concannon has potent potential for Michael Donogue's side."
"f**k it, just score"- Donaghy   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IbxG2WwVRjU

GaillimhIarthair

KK would remind you of Galway from a few years back, decent side but overly reliant on one class player.  Take TJ out of that KK team yesterday and insert Joe for Galway and there would have been a pretty decent margin at the end.  Both sides have plenty to work on all the same. 

seafoid

Quote from: GaillimhIarthair on June 10, 2019, 01:12:13 PM
KK would remind you of Galway from a few years back, decent side but overly reliant on one class player.  Take TJ out of that KK team yesterday and insert Joe for Galway and there would have been a pretty decent margin at the end.  Both sides have plenty to work on all the same.
I was thinking exactly the same about KK. TJR gets 55% of scores
"f**k it, just score"- Donaghy   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IbxG2WwVRjU

Milltown Row2

Joe is not the same player, injury and the amount of years playing top level hurling has taken its toll, he'll never get back to that level again I fear, I could be wrong though.

but he'd be an unreal sub to bring on