Poppy Watch

Started by Orior, November 04, 2010, 12:36:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Brick Tamlin

Deiseach..totally unrelated, but who is thon boy on your avatar?
Forgive my ignorance if he is famous.

deiseach

Quote from: Brick Tamlin on November 14, 2014, 11:15:46 AM
Deiseach..totally unrelated, but who is thon boy on your avatar?
Forgive my ignorance if he is famous.

Aw shucks, you don't think it's me?

The Onion published this article a long time ago (possibly NSFW; contains the 'N' word') and the print edition had the pic that is now my avatar for the byline. So he's Benny Upton, Faulknerian Idiot Man-Child. Now you know.

Rossfan

Quote from: deiseach on November 14, 2014, 11:04:59 AM
I've explained to you three times (okay, two and a bit times) why it is partitionist. Your response is that because you are not partitionist it can't be partitionist. Truly there are none so blind...

;D ;D ;D  ??? Easier to just put it down to experience and move on.......
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

deiseach

Quote from: Rossfan on November 14, 2014, 12:42:20 PM
I've explained to you three times (okay, two and a bit times) why it is partitionist. Your response is that because you are not partitionist it can't be partitionist. Truly there are none so blind...

Wise words.

lynchbhoy

you have explained nothing here!

you are scraping the bottom of the barrel to try and attempt to make this partitionist.

my prev point was agreed nby the prev poster that the ruc/british army were not experienced by the people of 26 counties - so therefore could have no fist hand opinion of all their kind of treatment entailed. That is stating fact (not by me, even though the prev poster demonstrated his own hypocrisy in doing so).

you are welcome to your subjective opinion

but when trying to label someone else's thoughts or meaning etc- maybe you'd think again.
you are just digging a deeper hole for yourself here.

lynchbhoy

Quote from: Rossfan on November 14, 2014, 12:42:20 PM

so when you have had your ass kicked, you seek to resort to schoolyard bully tactics and attempt to 'gang up' on someone with implied derisory comments !!

that's a step down from name calling !!

classy !

Rossfan

God help you Lynchboy ... only Willie Frazer is as deluded as you.  :-[
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

Hardy

lynchbhoy

Fantastic!
When you can't articulate any meaningful debate - resort to 'sarcasm '

Mike Sheehy

Lynchbhoy merely referred to the different experiences of people in the north versus people in the south. He did not imply any difference in aspiration on both sides of the border. I think he is overstepping the mark if he is saying this difference of experience precludes people in the south voting on issues that, primarily, affect those in the north, however, I would understand where he is coming from and it is unfair to call him "partitionist" because of this

lynchbhoy

Quote from: Mike Sheehy on November 15, 2014, 12:02:41 AM
Lynchbhoy merely referred to the different experiences of people in the north versus people in the south. He did not imply any difference in aspiration on both sides of the border. I think he is overstepping the mark if he is saying this difference of experience precludes people in the south voting on issues that, primarily, affect those in the north, however, I would understand where he is coming from and it is unfair to call him "partitionist" because of this
Thank you Mike
That is my opinion - the one I have been offering on this topic!

You didn't seem to need skills of mind reading , sarcasm or even name calling to articulate that!

I actually would want 32 county votes on all issues ( if possible). I was highlighting what I believed was a bit of hypocrisy prev.
Fair play to ya fella!

Mike Sheehy

Quote from: lynchbhoy on November 15, 2014, 01:44:18 AM
Quote from: Mike Sheehy on November 15, 2014, 12:02:41 AM
Thank you Mike
That is my opinion - the one I have been offering on this topic!

You didn't seem to need skills of mind reading , sarcasm or even name calling to articulate that!

I actually would want 32 county votes on all issues ( if possible). I was highlighting what I believed was a bit of hypocrisy prev.
Fair play to ya fella!

That was your first mistake. Never point out the hypocrisy of the cabal !

lynchbhoy

Lol
It prob won't be my last!!

Mike Sheehy

Would an English person wearing a poppy in the south still be anathema ? Maybe its different in Dublin but I've only ever seen a few (very few) poppies worn in the south and this was only in Cork which, I always assumed, was Corks protestant stock remembering relatives. Given their imperial baggage would it be unforgiveable for an English person to wear the poppy in the south ?

theskull1

It's a lot easier to sing karaoke than to sing opera