Android Boxes

Started by snoopdog, July 30, 2015, 09:49:46 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dar31

Quote from: gallsman on October 20, 2020, 09:25:39 AM
New Chromecast is a tidy piece of work. Runs on Google TV which is a tweaking and repackaging of Android TV, so it has an actual OS compared to previous versions and you can side load apps like any other Android box. Have PLTV up and running on it.

Whats it like to sideload  the likes of filelinked compared to the firestick is it easier .  Be interested to see how it runs the pltv over the long term . In relation to using an ethernet cable is there much to it or are you using wifi

gallsman

Sideloading is the same - use downloader and install the APK m

I'm on WiFi as I live in a country with actual broadband infrastructure so it's not a bother to be. No official Ethernet adapter that I've seen yet but a 3rd party one would work fine. It's usb-c.

Dar31

Quote from: gallsman on October 20, 2020, 06:36:50 PM
Sideloading is the same - use downloader and install the APK m

I'm on WiFi as I live in a country with actual broadband infrastructure so it's not a bother to be. No official Ethernet adapter that I've seen yet but a 3rd party one would work fine. It's usb-c.

Cheers thanks

Dougal Maguire

After 2 years of this IPTV misery I've bitten the bullet and like a prodigal son I've returned to Sky. Multiroom with sky sports and BT Sport for £65 which is a discount from the £84 it should be. I'm still concerned as to what my IPTV supplier can do with my email address but that's another story
Careful now

Dar31

Quote from: Dougal Maguire on October 21, 2020, 11:59:10 AM
After 2 years of this IPTV misery I've bitten the bullet and like a prodigal son I've returned to Sky. Multiroom with sky sports and BT Sport for £65 which is a discount from the £84 it should be. I'm still concerned as to what my IPTV supplier can do with my email address but that's another story

Even at that price its expensive someone like amazon or apple should buy all sports rights and become the netflix of sports pay your €10 amonth for the lot they would make a fortune

Dougal Maguire

Yeah it's a rip off but they hold all the trump cards unfortunately
Careful now

Boycey

Just curious Doug why was your IPTV experience so miserable? I'm sure most of us have had irritation from time to time but generally my experience has been extremely positive...

Dougal Maguire

In fairness it was ok at a time but recently it's been buffering a lot which just became irritating particularly for my wife
Careful now

Tony Baloney

Quote from: Dougal Maguire on October 21, 2020, 06:18:28 PM
In fairness it was ok at a time but recently it's been buffering a lot which just became irritating particularly for my wife
Someone I know (definitely not me  ;)) has Cast and it's buffering like a bastard and all you get from them are false promises on how the next update will be the business.

Dougal Maguire

Buffering like a bastard is a good description
Careful now

Have a fire stick and previously set it up to access all channels. Haven't accessed it in a few months - it's now no longer available.

What the best way to access IPTV at the minute?

NAG1

Has anyone ever side loaded SkyGo on to a fire stick?
Is it even possible?

gallsman

Quote from: 1884 on October 22, 2020, 09:56:36 AM
Have a fire stick and previously set it up to access all channels. Haven't accessed it in a few months - it's now no longer available.

What do you mean "set it up to access all channels"?

The Firestick is merely a conduit and is still a perfectly valid method. The IPTV provider is what's crucial.

gallsman

Quote from: NAG1 on October 22, 2020, 10:15:55 AM
Has anyone ever side loaded SkyGo on to a fire stick?
Is it even possible?

It'll certainly be possible but if there's no app optimised for fire os or Android TV you'll be installing the mobile app, so control will be gimmicky as it's designed for touch input.

Itchy

Quote from: 1884 on October 22, 2020, 05:48:21 PM
Quote from: gallsman on October 22, 2020, 11:52:17 AM
Quote from: 1884 on October 22, 2020, 09:56:36 AM

What do you mean "set it up to access all channels"?

The Firestick is merely a conduit and is still a perfectly valid method. The IPTV provider is what's crucial.

Any suggestions on IPTV providers?

Anyone with 5 posts id recommend sky.