Doire v Tir Eoghain, Sun 28th May @2pm

Started by tyroneman, April 04, 2017, 09:44:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Fuzzman

Why do you think that Hotrocks?
Why would Mickey not just name McNabb to start with?

oakleaflad

Derry: B McKinless; N Keenan, B Rogers, K McKaigue; C McFaul, C McKaigue, C McWilliams; C McAtamney, D Heavron; R Bell, N Loughlin, E Lynn; D Tallon, E McGuckin, B Heron

The Golden Years

Quote from: Hotrocks on May 26, 2017, 01:02:16 PM
I would expect to see Mc Nabb start for Brennen come Sunday.

I doubt if Mcnabb will start but i would prefer him to Brennan.  Would add a bit of steel to the team. mickey probably doesnt think he has the pace to play the counter attacking football that tyrone play. 

Great to See Aidan McCrory get another chance.  :-\

Fuzzman

Have Derry just the bare 15, no subs?

Estimator

Quote from: Fuzzman on May 26, 2017, 03:48:30 PM
Have Derry just the bare 15, no subs?

Everyone else has left the panel  ;)
Ulster League Champions 2009

dec

http://www.bbc.com/sport/gaelic-games/40054318

Derry: B McKinless; N Keenan, B Rogers, K McKaigue; C McFaul, C McKaigue, C McWilliams; C McAtamney, D Heavron; R Bell, N Loughlin, E Lynn; D Tallon, E McGuckin, B Heron.

Subs: C McLarnon, M McEvoy, S McGuigan, C Nevin, M Lynch, C Kielt, P Hagan, O Duffin, C McGrogan, G O'Neill, C Doherty.

Tyrone: N Morgan; A McCrory, R McNamee, P Hampsey; T McCann, R Brennan, P Harte; C Cavanagh, C McCann; K McGeary, N Sludden, C Meyler; M Bradley, S Cavanagh, M Donnelly.

Subs: M O'Neill, L Brennan, F Burns, D McClure, D McCurry, HP McGeary, R McNabb, P McNulty, C McShane, D Mulgrew, R O'Neill.

Wildweasel74

Outside of Lynch and Kielt who last played in 2012 i think that a shocking unexperienced subs bench, there a ton of lads who would make the bench, some starting if they put in the effort, disagreements with manager style of play or not

ONeill

I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

Il Bomber Destro

On paper, that looks like the weakest Derry team I've seen in a Championship game.

A shame as they have the players in the county, with the right attitude, commitment and management set up to win an Ulster.

I've been really impressed with what I've seen of young Keenan at corner back, looks like he will be a great player in time.

ONeill

Derry are always capable. They had a club team in the All Ireland final. Tyrone are no great shakes and have a forward unit that would put the fear into nobody.

I think it'll be tight for 50-60 mins and Tyrone's rigid system to kick in as Derry maybe become more fragmented in the last 10. 0-16 to 0-11.
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

lenny

JoG2

3 for 2 sale in most of the Foyleside shops if the Tyrone folk want to stock up on their summer denims post match

theticklemister

Quote from: JoG2 on May 26, 2017, 10:20:12 PM
3 for 2 sale in most of the Foyleside shops if the Tyrone folk want to stock up on their summer denims post match

I haven't been in the town for a while, do they still have a the sandstone boots to give with the denim?

omagh_gael

Quote from: oakleaflad on May 26, 2017, 01:16:53 PM
Quote from: omagh_gael on May 25, 2017, 11:42:27 PM
Derry's HF line likely to be Lynn, Lynch and Kielt. Three great players but also very vulnerable to the pace around out middle 8. What's their likely HB line?
That is not likely to be Derry's half forward line

What's up with James Kielt? Injured? Mark Lynch on the bench too, I'm assuming he's coming back from injury as well?

imtommygunn