Boxing Thread

Started by bennydorano, November 04, 2007, 09:00:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Christmas Lights

Does anyone have a link to the Belfast Telegraph and an article today by David Kelly?  Seen Paul McCloskey just tweeted the below so would like to read what was said:

QuotePaulmccloskey ‏ @Paul_Mccloskey
Needless to say I'll not be buying the Belfast Telegraph again!

Paulmccloskey ‏ @Paul_Mccloskey
Just read today's article in Belfast Telegraph by David Kelly. Who needs enemies when you have friends like that?

Minder

Haye v Chisora in July, now there is a surprise.

Sanctioned by the Luxembourg Boxing Federation.
"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

NAG1

Quote from: Christmas Lights on May 07, 2012, 11:39:32 PM
Does anyone have a link to the Belfast Telegraph and an article today by David Kelly?  Seen Paul McCloskey just tweeted the below so would like to read what was said:

Just read today's article in Belfast Telegraph by David Kelly. Who needs enemies when you have friends like that?

He cant box like that on Saturday night and expect a Journalist not to report how poor he was? Maybe if he would have worked harder in the fight and kept his hands up he would have got through on a points decision but kept getting caught time and time again, poor show.

Christmas Lights

Quote from: NAG1 on May 08, 2012, 08:46:29 AM
Quote from: Christmas Lights on May 07, 2012, 11:39:32 PM

He cant box like that on Saturday night and expect a Journalist not to report how poor he was? Maybe if he would have worked harder in the fight and kept his hands up he would have got through on a points decision but kept getting caught time and time again, poor show.

Oh totally agree, I thought he was poor, started very slow like he did against Prescott and I think he was even a bit fortunate to get the decision  that night but would just like to read what the journalist has said as its obviously upset Dudey a bit.

gallsman

Carl Froch just stopped Lucian Bute in five stunning rounds. Absolutely demolished him.

Frampton won comfortably on points on undercard.

BennyHarp

Froch was absolutely superb last night - one of the best performances I've seen in a while. It's repeated on Sky Sports 2 now. Fair play to him he's fought nearly everyone to fight in that division and more often than not gave a good account of himself. I wonder if a rematch with Andre Ward is on the cards.
That was never a square ball!!

everymanaman

Quote from: BennyHarp on May 27, 2012, 09:20:49 AM
Froch was absolutely superb last night - one of the best performances I've seen in a while. It's repeated on Sky Sports 2 now. Fair play to him he's fought nearly everyone to fight in that division and more often than not gave a good account of himself. I wonder if a rematch with Andre Ward is on the cards.

Think a rematch with Kessler more likely. Would do well to stay away from Ward

lurganblue

Would be very surprised if Bute took the rematch contracted for Montreal. Not after that thumping. Froch needs to fight Ward again but in truth I still wouldn't fancy him to win.

Impressed by Frampton last night two. Controlled and smart throughout. Aggressive in the last two.

screenmachine

Froch very impressive and a refreshing boxer who doesn't seem to pick and choose who he fights. In reality Bute hadn't fought anyone of real note and was found out at world class level. A bit like Amir Khan I think, win handy fights well but not good enough for the very top level, hopefully he's found out again shortly as well!
I'm gonna punch you in the ovary, that's what I'm gonna do. A straight shot. Right to the babymaker.

DuffleKing

Time is running out for froch, who was never the best boxer but always one of the best fighters in the world. Always liked his heart in and class out of the ring. I'd say his last three fights might be kessler in nottingham followed by bute in Montreal, both of which I think he'll win, then finishing with ward in nottingham which he probably can't win

BennyHarp

Yeah I agree that time is running out for Froch and it's disappointing that he isn't regarded in the same league as Benn, Eubank and Calzaghe in the UK, but with probably only 2 or 3 fights left in his career, I'd say there's a few loose ends he'd want to tidy up. I'd love to see him beat Kessler (which he would) then have another rattle at Andre Ward. Can't see Ward coming to Nottingham, though if it did happen it's a ticket I'd definately want to try and get!

INDIANA

Quote from: BennyHarp on May 28, 2012, 12:01:01 AM
Yeah I agree that time is running out for Froch and it's disappointing that he isn't regarded in the same league as Benn, Eubank and Calzaghe in the UK, but with probably only 2 or 3 fights left in his career, I'd say there's a few loose ends he'd want to tidy up. I'd love to see him beat Kessler (which he would) then have another rattle at Andre Ward. Can't see Ward coming to Nottingham, though if it did happen it's a ticket I'd definately want to try and get!

he's better then all of them except calzaghe. who says he isnt rated? Balderdash of the highest order.

Benn, eubank and collins only fought themselves. Froch fights everyone. He's a brilliant boxer in my view and better then all 3.

BennyHarp

Quote from: INDIANA on May 28, 2012, 07:53:55 AM
Quote from: BennyHarp on May 28, 2012, 12:01:01 AM

he's better then all of them except calzaghe. who says he isnt rated? Balderdash of the highest order.

Benn, eubank and collins only fought themselves. Froch fights everyone. He's a brilliant boxer in my view and better then all 3.

Ah well at least you rate him, im sure he'll retire happy now. I agree with you - my point is that he's not the darling of the English media that some boxers have been eg. Bruno, Benn and more lately Khan which have meant he's not filling stadiums but hopefully a re-match with Ward may get him the real superfight his talent deserves.

nrico2006

Just read that they found Johnny Tapia dead.
'To the extreme I rock a mic like a vandal, light up a stage and wax a chump like a candle.'

AZOffaly

I was just looking in here to ask why Carl Froch was fighting Dan Shanahan there on saturday night? Jaysus he gave him some thumping. Once Froch realised that Bute couldn't hurt him, he just walked through the left hands. He could have knocked him down 4 or 5 times, fair play to Bute for standing up as long as he did.