Champions League 2011/12

Started by ildanach, August 24, 2011, 10:39:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Newbridge Exile

Quote from: hardstation on May 21, 2012, 10:19:34 AM
Quote from: screenmachine on May 21, 2012, 09:34:58 AM
Has no-one ever noticed that Keane and Scholes are two boring c***ts?
WTF has that got to do with anything?
Have heard Keane called a lot of things over the years, boring not being one of them though

From the Bunker

Keane and Scholes held up the Trophy away from the podium. As more a jesture to the travelling fans. Both were clearly disappointed not to have played. Check out 9:14

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=og9zjkH5k_E

nrico2006

I heard John Salako on spouting on Sky Sports News yesterday too about Gary Neville Keane lifting the Cup in 1999 for United when it was Schmeichel.
'To the extreme I rock a mic like a vandal, light up a stage and wax a chump like a candle.'

AQMP

Quote from: AQMP on April 25, 2012, 09:31:01 AM
Could it be that David Luiz and Gary Cahill will anchor Chelsea's defence to CL glory :o

Amazingly "yes" is the answer!

screenmachine

They just seem to be two grumpy old characters who stay away from the limelight and seem quite boring in general in my opinion.  Nothing wrong with that, just that they're rather boring, that's all.

Whilst you can't argue that Terry is a bit of a knob and his a long list of misdemeanour's, I just don't see the problem with him getting togged out to lift a trophy.  If anyone else done it (like the three or four other Chelsea players) there wouldn't have been a word about it. 
I'm gonna punch you in the ovary, that's what I'm gonna do. A straight shot. Right to the babymaker.

seafoid

Quote from: Applesisapples on May 21, 2012, 10:03:52 AM
Chelsea are the worst team in years to win the Champions League, they most certainly aren't even the best team in England, let alone Europe. Barca and Bayern though have only themselves to blame. When you create and miss as many chances as they both did then you inevitably lose. It is good that the title goes around though keeps up the interest. It's just a pity that Terry has got his mitts on a medal. Fair play to Chelsea European Champions but the two best teams in Europe where sitting at home.
It was a mistake to replace Thomas Müller with a defender after Bayern scored the goal.
I think he would have been their best chance of a goal from play in extra time and he was on the sideline.

AQMP

Quote from: screenmachine on May 21, 2012, 12:16:45 PM

They just seem to be two grumpy old characters who stay away from the limelight and seem quite boring in general in my opinion.  Nothing wrong with that, just that they're rather boring, that's all.

Whilst you can't argue that Terry is a bit of a knob and his a long list of misdemeanour's, I just don't see the problem with him getting togged out to lift a trophy. If anyone else done it (like the three or four other Chelsea players) there wouldn't have been a word about it.

In fact Ivanovic was running around at the end waving the Serbia flag and climbed up the goal posts.  You can imagine the fury had Terry been running around with the St George flag!!  It looked to me like possibly the whole Chelsea squad were togged out as I definitely saw Hilario in full keeper's get up and he wasn't a sub.

GAA_Talk

Quote from: From the Bunker on May 21, 2012, 10:37:31 AM
Keane and Scholes held up the Trophy away from the podium. As more a jesture to the travelling fans. Both were clearly disappointed not to have played. Check out 9:14

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=og9zjkH5k_E

Enjoyed that Bunker, cheers!! If I was them lads who were suspended I think I would have wore my kit that day too. For all this disappointment of not playing it would have made it feel like you were more involved.

J70

Quote from: oakleafgael on May 20, 2012, 09:02:33 PM
Was watching it in a bar and didn't see a second replay but was Ribery's disallowed goal onside?

No. Definitely off.

BennyCake

So, had Roy Keane wanted to lift the trophy in 1999 while suspended, he could have done?

I remember hearing at the time though, that Keane and Scholes had to be coaxed by their team-mates to join in with the celebrations on the pitch. Meanwhile, sc**bag Terry puts on his kit and lifts the trophy. As mentioned earlier, serious ego issues.

omagh_gael

What about the other players who wore their kits and drapped themselves in their countries flags? Perhaps them all kitting up was the managers idea, increasing the team psyche etc. My major gripe is this sh1t where players wear their shirts back to front, now that is egotistical!

Puckoon

There are people posting with incredulity about the egotistical nature of "soccer stars". Incredulous.

AQMP

Quote from: BennyCake on May 21, 2012, 03:37:32 PM
So, had Roy Keane wanted to lift the trophy in 1999 while suspended, he could have done?

I remember hearing at the time though, that Keane and Scholes had to be coaxed by their team-mates to join in with the celebrations on the pitch. Meanwhile, sc**bag Terry puts on his kit and lifts the trophy. As mentioned earlier, serious ego issues.

It seems all 25 (I think) members of the Champions League squad were kitted out at the end.  OK, a bit odd of Terry to wear shinpads, but I think I spotted Hilario with goalkeeping gloves on at one point which is a bit strange considering he wasn't a sub.  Chelsea asked UEFA's permission for Terry to collect the cup with Lampard.  UEFA agreed...they could have said no?  Terry may not be everyone's idea of an upstanding member of society but he has been integral to Chelsea's success over the past eight years and personally I don't see the problem with him making a bit of a fool of himself in a fairly harmless way...for once.

AFS

Quote from: omagh_gael on May 21, 2012, 04:34:45 PM
What about the other players who wore their kits and drapped themselves in their countries flags? Perhaps them all kitting up was the managers idea, increasing the team psyche etc. My major gripe is this sh1t where players wear their shirts back to front, now that is egotistical!

This times a million. If Drogba or Cech were at this shite it wouldn't be as bad since they played huge parts in winning the thing, but Ross f**king Turnbull!?

BennyHarp

Tom Daley won gold at the European Diving Championships. John Terry turned up in his speedos to collect the medal.
That was never a square ball!!