Champions League 2011/12

Started by ildanach, August 24, 2011, 10:39:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ardal

I may be one or two out, but here's stats:

BM scored from their 16th corner; in the 85th minute
Chl $$$$ scored from their first corner in the 88th minute.

If my son ever troubles me again going to sleep, I know which team I'm going to allow him to watch in bed:

And don't say "it's goals blah blah blah" etc, if you like soccer, then that final would have been a real off putter for most neutrals  and / or purists.

trileacman

Quote from: ardal on May 20, 2012, 08:07:51 PM
I may be one or two out, but here's stats:

BM scored from their 16th corner; in the 85th minute
Chl $$$$ scored from their first corner in the 88th minute.

If my son ever troubles me again going to sleep, I know which team I'm going to allow him to watch in bed:

And don't say "it's goals blah blah blah" etc, if you like soccer, then that final would have been a real off putter for most neutrals  and / or purists.

That's what I think. Chelsea have been the 2nd best team for both the semi-final and final. They never tried to play football and rode their luck to the very limit. They might have won but don't ask me to applaud their approach to the game.
Fantasy Rugby World Cup Champion 2011,
Fantasy 6 Nations Champion 2014

oakleafgael

Was watching it in a bar and didn't see a second replay but was Ribery's disallowed goal onside?

seafoid

It was nice to see Uli Hoeness with a big puss on him after the match. He won everything in the game and was expecting to win the CL at home and said as much in the German papers . Bayern are even worse than Man Utd in terms of arrogance even if they don't have a stadium known as the theatre of dreams.

Bayern ended up winning nothing at all this season.
"f**k it, just score"- Donaghy   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IbxG2WwVRjU

johnneycool

Can anyone tell me what lampard did over the two hours?
I can't remember him being mentioned much.

sc**bag terry had an opportunity to apologise to his team mates and fans but didnt  take it.

Tony Baloney

Quote from: oakleafgael on May 20, 2012, 09:02:33 PM
Was watching it in a bar and didn't see a second replay but was Ribery's disallowed goal onside?
Definitely offside by couple of feet maybe.

laoislad

Did the big sulk (Torres) not want to take a peno? Seemed to be having a row with Roberto before the shoot out?
When you think you're fucked you're only about 40% fucked.

BennyCake

Quote from: From the Bunker on May 20, 2012, 03:01:59 PM
The suspended captain, wore his full kit for the celebrations, apparently including shin pads. The reason for this is simple, he wanted to look the proper part for the photos in years to come. Have to say i was delighted he was covered lifting the Trophy.

Yes that was quite funny. It a disgrace he was allowed to lift it though. I wouldn't have let him near the pitch. sc**bag.

Forever Green

How in the f**k did those sc**bag bastards win that trophy? Anti football hoors, never hear the f**king end of it for months now. England getting humped out at the group stages in the Euro`s will bring them down a peg or two

AQMP

Quote from: Forever Green on May 21, 2012, 12:27:31 AM
How in the f**k did those sc**bag b**tards win that trophy? Anti football hoors, never hear the f**king end of it for months now. England getting humped out at the group stages in the Euro`s will bring them down a peg or two

Chelsea Football Club...Champions of Europe 2012!

screenmachine

In much the same way as Donegal won Ulster last year, they don't give a shite what their football looks like.  As long as they're sitting with the trophy come the end of the year, that's all that matters.

It's hard to watch, but if it's effective and Chelsea win the Champions League over the head of it then fair play to them.  Some dung being spewed online about the way Scholes and Keane behaved compared to Terry after not playing any part in their CL final.  Has no-one ever noticed that Keane and Scholes are two boring c***ts? And if memory serves me right I remember them lifting it in their grey suits flanked by the rest of the team anyway.
I'm gonna punch you in the ovary, that's what I'm gonna do. A straight shot. Right to the babymaker.

AQMP

I'm sure Ivanovic and Ramires (and Hilario) were in their full kit too, but there won't be a word about them!

NAG1

Quote from: screenmachine on May 21, 2012, 09:34:58 AM
In much the same way as Donegal won Ulster last year, they don't give a shite what their football looks like.  As long as they're sitting with the trophy come the end of the year, that's all that matters.

It's hard to watch, but if it's effective and Chelsea win the Champions League over the head of it then fair play to them.  Some dung being spewed online about the way Scholes and Keane behaved compared to Terry after not playing any part in their CL final.  Has no-one ever noticed that Keane and Scholes are two boring c***ts? And if memory serves me right I remember them lifting it in their grey suits flanked by the rest of the team anyway.

On the pitch in the aftermath celebrations not dressing up like they had played the game so they would look good in the press etc serious ego issues.

Applesisapples

Chelsea are the worst team in years to win the Champions League, they most certainly aren't even the best team in England, let alone Europe. Barca and Bayern though have only themselves to blame. When you create and miss as many chances as they both did then you inevitably lose. It is good that the title goes around though keeps up the interest. It's just a pity that Terry has got his mitts on a medal. Fair play to Chelsea European Champions but the two best teams in Europe where sitting at home.

Applesisapples

Quote from: screenmachine on May 21, 2012, 09:34:58 AM

A slight difference between Keane and Terry, Keane got a booking in a performance that carried United through, Terry got red carded for a dirty knee in the back, and I'm not a United fan...