Holidays

Started by Oakleafer93, June 03, 2009, 01:17:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jeepers Creepers

Quote from: NAG1 on July 28, 2020, 01:34:44 PM
Bojo warning of the beginning of a second wave on the continent, so might not just be Brexit pushing them on this one.

He has to appear to be strong now with the idea of an investigation into the handling of the crisis hanging over the government. Plays well to the home audience as how do they reckon they can enforce it realistically?

It can't be enforced. He's just pushing responsibility back on the public again.

Don Johnson

If I was bringing a baby to England does he need photographic ID?

manfromdelmonte

Quote from: Don Johnson on August 01, 2020, 11:58:04 AM
What means of travel?
Birth cert should do for ferry

Don Johnson

Quote from: manfromdelmonte on August 02, 2020, 10:54:45 PM
What means of travel?

Sorry should have specified, flight!

JimStynes

Anyone got any holiday rentals in Donegal. The whole family are looking at booking something for next summer for around 2 or 3 weeks. Something that will cater for adults and children. Between 5-10 ppl. Seen a few nice ones but big money!

NAG1

Quote from: JimStynes on August 15, 2020, 03:02:43 PM
Anyone got any holiday rentals in Donegal. The whole family are looking at booking something for next summer for around 2 or 3 weeks. Something that will cater for adults and children. Between 5-10 ppl. Seen a few nice ones but big money!

Even before Covid Donegal was extortinate, god knows what it will be like next year.

general

Quote from: Don Johnson on August 03, 2020, 02:22:44 PM
What means of travel?

Yes - must travel on passport. i had one issued to my then 5 month old son last september. as you can imagine it looks nothing like him now. they issue 5 year passports for babys

Milltown Row2

Portugal is open!
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

LeoMc

Quote from: general on August 19, 2020, 07:04:16 AM
Quote from: Don Johnson on August 03, 2020, 02:22:44 PM
What means of travel?

Yes - must travel on passport. i had one issued to my then 5 month old son last september. as you can imagine it looks nothing like him now. they issue 5 year passports for babys
Are the Irish passports not 3 year?

general

https://www.dfa.ie/passports/children/

Nope its 5 years. Its going to be strange travelling with wee boy of 3 or 4 with his current passport. think we got the pic taken when he was 2 months old

Milltown Row2

Quote from: general on August 21, 2020, 07:45:37 AM

Nope its 5 years. Its going to be strange travelling with wee boy of 3 or 4 with his current passport. think we got the pic taken when he was 2 months old

Yeah both our girls had those passports when they were that age, the hardest part was taking a photo!
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Don Johnson

Is there anywhere you can get a full updated list off the countries where you do (or don't) need to quarantine from on return?

Trying to find one on the gov.uk or nidirect sites isn't as easy as it should be.

LeoMc

Quote from: general on August 21, 2020, 07:45:37 AM

That must have changed. Our eldest had a couple of 3 year Irish passports. Not sure what the current passports are though.

bennydorano

Quote from: Don Johnson on September 01, 2020, 04:33:21 PM
Is there anywhere you can get a full updated list off the countries where you do (or don't) need to quarantine from on return?

Trying to find one on the gov.uk or nidirect sites isn't as easy as it should be.
https://www.gov.uk/guidance/coronavirus-covid-19-travel-corridors#updates-to-the-travel-corridor-list

trueblue1234

Just wondering what thoughts are about holidays next year? Both of us turning 40 and 10 years married so would like to get away. I know it's an impossible question but would you be better booking now or holding off to see what happens? I see most places seem to have decent cancellation policies now.
Also any recommendations for a Europark in Spain/ Italy/ France that would be good for young kids? (8, 4, 1 yr olds)?

TIA
Grammar: the difference between knowing your shit