2018 National Football League Division 4

Started by Junior Ex Laoistalk, October 14, 2017, 11:40:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SCFC

Quote from: Don Draper on March 29, 2018, 12:23:00 PM
Quote from: Unlaoised on March 29, 2018, 12:15:04 PM
Ross will probably start now maybe Lowry

Not much options for scoring forwards unless Cahillane is fit or maybe Darren Strong.

Hopefully Cahillane can make a return soon along with Conway ...Might be and Idea to ask forbes and Moore back in because if we lost one or two more we only have a little over a month to the wexford game and forwards that can kick a point are hard to come by!
I thought Moore and Forbes were sent back to their clubs to get game time? The league has barely started, how much could they have gotten? Also, is Moore not in Dubai?
Thought it was Finn was in Dubai? Unless Moore is too?

Junior Ex Laoistalk

It will be at least 3 weeks before Cahillane is fit to play. If O'Carroll is fit he should start with Ross or Conway to come in later on.
Our main problem will be breaking down that 14 man defensive wall that Carlow play with and they will almost certainly go with that strategy again on Saturday. It's at that time that we should be sending in high ball to the full forward line, grab a few scores and make them come out and play football.
I think in an open game we would have the beating of them but if they set up camp in our half like they did last day it will depend on who has the most patience.
Winners are not those who never fail, but those who never quit!

Unlaoised

Quote from: Junior Ex Laoistalk on March 29, 2018, 03:19:24 PM
It will be at least 3 weeks before Cahillane is fit to play. If O'Carroll is fit he should start with Ross or Conway to come in later on.
Our main problem will be breaking down that 14 man defensive wall that Carlow play with and they will almost certainly go with that strategy again on Saturday. It's at that time that we should be sending in high ball to the full forward line, grab a few scores and make them come out and play football.
I think in an open game we would have the beating of them but if they set up camp in our half like they did last day it will depend on who has the most patience.

Sure we grabbed a few scores the last day early and they didn't come out...they were 7 points dwon against Dublin in O'Moore park last year at the start of the second half and got a free in midfield and kicked it back to their goal keeper.That's when me and about 2000 Dubs got up from their seats in the stand and walked down to the pubs!

Puke football to another extreme!
LAOIS ABÚ

Giovanni

They scored between 17 and 20 points in most games in the league. Not too far off our numbers.

Don Draper

I wish Sugrue and the boys all the very best on Saturday. I hope they give a good account of themselves and if they play to their potential I don't see them being beaten. I hope a good Laois following make their way to support them as they are wearing the Laois jersey in a national Final in Croke Park and it's the least they deserve. One fella put himself in a shitstorm this week, and if given the chance by the management I hope he repays them.

Laois abu.

Laoiseabu

I heard Psycho has got the chop . A few of the Ballylinan lads have told us the news.

Unlaoised

Quote from: Laoiseabu on March 29, 2018, 10:58:57 PM
I heard Psycho has got the chop . A few of the Ballylinan lads have told us the news.

Massive loss

Hopefully not for the season

Stupid and insensitive tweet but heat of the moment stuff
LAOIS ABÚ

Giovanni

I haven't been impressed with the performances of the team but huge kudos to Sugrue and team for continually making good decisions on player management. One of the key things needed in Laois is a culture of maturity and responsibility. Bad decisions in private are very often reflected on the field. This is an important decision for the long term good of the county

Don Draper

Quote from: Unlaoised on March 29, 2018, 11:27:11 PM
Quote from: Laoiseabu on March 29, 2018, 10:58:57 PM

Massive loss

Hopefully not for the season

Stupid and insensitive tweet but heat of the moment stuff
Great talent, but a thundering f**king eejit. He should have all his social media accounts taken down, anyone whos seen them, will know why.
I dont blame management if they have dropped him, he was a colossal f**king gobshite for posting what he did. Saying that, its his opinion and he's entitled to it, and f**k the snowflakes. We live in a world gone crazy on pc sadly, if you dont go along with the herd, you get jumped upon and savaged.

town1980

Gary is a clown for doing what he did and once again has let down himself his  club and his teammates far too often under previous managers my idea good luck to him let him show off his Maddness playing just club football and leave using the county as some sort of window to be an outspoken idiot... if Carlow beat laois it's a disgrace no two ways about it but Sunday will give us a clue into our system of play because it does not seem evident yet

Junior Ex Laoistalk

That's bad news about Gary but it is the right thing to do by the management team. He will be a big loss to us as he is our top scorer and the top scorer in the COUNTRY during the league.
A guy with his talent should know better, talk about letting the side down .. ???

Winners are not those who never fail, but those who never quit!

Tony

He shouldn't be dropped for that. He took it down immediately and apologised immediately. It was very poorly worded and not wise to put up so soon after the event, but a large portion of the country were saying the same thing. He basically said, that if the rugby lads were found innocent it means that the girl could be seen as guilty of making things up. He put it up in a bad way but took it down and apologised. I don't agree with what he said but I don't think he should be dropped. Definitely not long term. Drop him for this match maybe and then right back in it for the championship. We might as well forget about it if our top scorer is out for the year.

Leixlad

Quote from: Tony on March 30, 2018, 07:42:15 AM
He shouldn't be dropped for that. He took it down immediately and apologised immediately. It was very poorly worded and not wise to put up so soon after the event, but a large portion of the country were saying the same thing. He basically said, that if the rugby lads were found innocent it means that the girl could be seen as guilty of making things up. He put it up in a bad way but took it down and apologised. I don't agree with what he said but I don't think he should be dropped. Definitely not long term. Drop him for this match maybe and then right back in it for the championship. We might as well forget about it if our top scorer is out for the year.

Would have to agree with you there. It was stupid but not the end of the world he should have known better. As someone said the whole place is gone PC crazy its ridiculous. Cant believe the amount of people attacking the Laois Gaa twitter feed, it was a personal account people trying to make out it represented Laois Gaa. Drop him for final and play away in championship. Luckily twitter will save him just as much as it done him in as some other gobshite is sure to take the heat off him with his own shitstorm soon. Garys tweet will be forgotten and Laois will need him in the summer. PC brigade dont watch Leinster championship they will be busy tweeting about trump ect in June and July and we need Gary simple as that.

High Fielder

The tweet was indefensible and a ban is necessary for his own good. Sooner or later he will have to learn that there are consequences for his actions. His Retweet groupies and Laois GAA won't pay his bills, so the ultimate duty of care is to himself.

Unlaoised

Quote from: Leixlad on March 30, 2018, 08:06:02 AM
Quote from: Tony on March 30, 2018, 07:42:15 AM

Would have to agree with you there. It was stupid but not the end of the world he should have known better. As someone said the whole place is gone PC crazy its ridiculous. Cant believe the amount of people attacking the Laois Gaa twitter feed, it was a personal account people trying to make out it represented Laois Gaa. Drop him for final and play away in championship. Luckily twitter will save him just as much as it done him in as some other gobshite is sure to take the heat off him with his own shitstorm soon. Garys tweet will be forgotten and Laois will need him in the summer. PC brigade dont watch Leinster championship they will be busy tweeting about trump ect in June and July and we need Gary simple as that.

sensible post...Christ I never seen so many key board experts in the last 48 hours ....

Yes an unwise and insensitive post but he took it down and said sorry.

The crowd that were attacking Laois and saying they will be shouting for Carlow etc were never at a Laois game in their lives anyway.

Social Media means everyone can have an opinion at the same time nowadays and most people follow the crowd.

He was wrong its over ...End of story!

Drop him from the team maybe but leave it at that...

This time next week nobody will be talking about it!

Now back to the game lets hope this distraction doesn't affect the team too much Both him and O'Carroll will be massive losses if not available but we still might have enough to get over the line.

I hope a few from Laois make the journey up as we might not get many trips to Laois lift silverware in croke park(if they win)

I for one can't wait for tomorrow ..Pity the train is such a drag just found out its a bus from Newbridge to houston thats a drag for my mates coming up .

Im in Dublin the whole weekend!Hopefully going to croker Sunday as well.
LAOIS ABÚ