Donegal V Antrim

Started by J70, June 01, 2014, 08:21:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

J70

Not sure where this will be played. Presumably Clones, as its an Ulster semi.

Antrim scored and conceded a huge amount today, twice blowing big leads, but I would presume Bradley will do what he did in 2011 when he came to Ballybofey and matched McGuinness's tactics to keep the score down, saying he had no choice. So I don't forsee a media-pleasing game here.  :P Don't really give a shite myself about the negative commentary, but it would be nice to see the superb football of first fifteen minutes of the second half against Derry repeated for a longer period and show we are at least some way back to the 2012 version of Donegal. Having the midfield players available again should help, and hopefully McFadden won't be down with flu this time out. Don't have much of a clue about Antrim really. Can they cause an upset?

sam03/05

there will be 10 points in this.

Maguire01

ck

After today I propose that Antrim be let straight into Ulster final and Donegal be thrown out for crimes against Gaelic football.

Syferus

Quote from: ck on June 01, 2014, 09:32:41 PM
After today I propose that Antrim be let straight into Ulster final and Donegal be thrown out for crimes against Gaelic football.

This is definitely Moyna's fault.

ck

Quote from: Syferus on June 01, 2014, 09:40:46 PM

This is definitely Moyna's fault.

Ha Moyna was with Down back room team I hear. In the qualifiers already. Place for him.

Gold

Saffron Anglo Celt 2014  :D
"Cheeky Charlie McKenna..."

DuffleKing

This is very odd. monaghan have the most defensive set up in Ulster,  closely followed by Antrim

AQMP

Quote from: DuffleKing on June 02, 2014, 08:43:22 AM

This is very odd. monaghan have the most defensive set up in Ulster, closely followed by Antrim

I take it you weren't at the game yesterday??

DuffleKing

Happens I was. Scoring and conceding a lot is irrelevant to starting set up. Antrim were pouring men into defence - they just weren't very effective a lot of the time

ck

Quote from: DuffleKing on June 02, 2014, 09:11:20 AM

Happens I was. Scoring and conceding a lot is irrelevant to starting set up. Antrim were pouring men into defence - they just weren't very effective a lot of the time

+1
Both Fermanagh and Antrim poured bodies back and tried to set up defensively.

J OGorman

Quote from: DuffleKing on June 02, 2014, 08:43:22 AM

This is very odd. monaghan have the most defensive set up in Ulster,  closely followed by Antrim

what, 16 defenders?! thats against the rules

glens abu

Do we know date and venue for this fixture yet?

AQMP

Quote from: glens abu on June 02, 2014, 09:51:20 AM
Do we know date and venue for this fixture yet?

Sunday 22nd June.  Venue to be fixed but as it's a semi final will be neutral venue?  Clones??

stibhan

'Pouring men into defence' isn't necessarily setting up ultra defensively. It often gives attackers more space, hence you found that Antrim got a whole lot of joy yesterday in Fermanagh's half.