Phew

couldnt even kick the ball dead for God sake
Hospitals are not equipped to treat stupid

The Real Laoislad

God help them in the Stade de France
You'll Never Walk Alone.

Orior

Glad I'm not a big rugby fan. I

ts an awful shame that poor Lord Laird (bless him) has to watch such drivel.
Cover me in chocolate and feed me to the lesbians

AZOffaly

Very poor. Heaslip has to play against France. Only for Reddan and O'Gara Ireland would have lost that.

ONeill

Was there a power failure at Croke?
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

Lecale2

Very hard to watch in the second half. Fair play to Italy they played well and some of their handling was excellent. I agree that Reddan and O'Garra kept us in it. Geordan Murphy tackling! I've seen it all now.

Lecale2

Wales have come stroming back in this last 15 mins. 19 all.

Gaoth Dobhair Abu

England - 19, Wales - 26
Could be a class day for results, just Donegal to go.
Tbc....

Square Ball

Go on the Welsh, what a come back
Hospitals are not equipped to treat stupid

Dinny Breen

QuoteOnly for Reddan and O'Gara Ireland would have lost that

Couldn't agree more, if O'Gara had been playing for Italy we would lost and have been beaten well.

The English players just imploded. amazing to see....have to fancy Wales to win the six nations this year....
#newbridgeornowhere

GalwayBayBoy

Quote from: Dinny Breen on February 02, 2008, 06:44:53 PM
QuoteOnly for Reddan and O'Gara Ireland would have lost that

Couldn't agree more, if O'Gara had been playing for Italy we would lost and have been beaten well.

The English players just imploded. amazing to see....have to fancy Wales to win the six nations this year....

Wales were getting battered for 60 minutes. England really imploded there.

Ireland keeping up much of the same form as the World Cup. I actually thought they played quite well in the first 30 minutes and could have had another try or two but after that they were pretty poor. O'Sullivan has to freshen up that team because they are growing stale together. Team for next week...

Hayes
Jackman
Horan
O'Callaghan
O'Kelly
Leamy
Wallace
Heaslip
Reddan
O'Gara
O'Driscoll
Trimble
Bowe
Murphy
Dempsey

gawa316

I see D'arcy broke his arm today. Will eddie move trimble into centre or will horgan be back for the next match?

Main Street

Fair play to Reddan, he looks a good bit slower than Stringer but he has much more variety.

Apart from O'Gara, I think we played worse there than at the WC. The Rugby crowd are very polite, what would have to happen before they would consider a slow handclap.

GalwayBayBoy

Quote from: gawa316 on February 02, 2008, 08:39:19 PM
I see D'arcy broke his arm today. Will eddie move trimble into centre or will horgan be back for the next match?

Looking at Horgan in the A game on Friday night he didn't look match fit at all after coming back from his recent injury.

So expect him to be selected then. ;D

screenexile

Quote from: Main Street on February 02, 2008, 09:25:29 PM
Fair play to Reddan, he looks a good bit slower than Stringer but he has much more variety.

Apart from O'Gara, I think we played worse there than at the WC. The Rugby crowd are very polite, what would have to happen before they would consider a slow handclap.

??? ??? ???

Couldn't believe what I was seeing again today... right back where we lefet off at the World Cup. First 2 mins was great with some great moves from the backs, quick thinking but just a lack of a final ball to seal the game off. Once we didn't do that the whole thing fell apart and we went back to basic errors of handling and conceding turnovers.

My biggest disappointment over the last while though has to be our lineout. We were once considered the best lineout side in the world but now it seems we can't hack it at all. It really gets to me as we see fellas like O'Callaghan, O'Connell, O'Driscoll storming their own lineouts and wrecking their opponents every year in the Heineken Cup. Why can't this be translated to the International scene?

Anyway that result saved us the wooden spoon but I don't hold out much hope for our chances of winning any more games.